Idaho Central Credit Union Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
Kent Oram

1. Best Place to Work in Idaho!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chubbuck, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chubbuck, ID

I have been working at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ICCU truly cares about employees. We are a "work family." We celebrate records and awards together, and go above and beyond to help our credit union members. As members of the "Green Team" we wear our custom green Nikes on Fridays and love to work hard to grow ICCU. We walk in parades, serve in the community, and live our mission to help members achieve financial success.

Cons

If you just want to collect a pay check and not give 110% in a great cause, it's probably not the place for you. ICCU doesn't force it's employees to work along side those who really don't care about excellence.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Worst company ever!

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They do a great job of acquiring new customers and providing solid, cheap products for them

Cons

This is an awful company. They sit on a platform of high ethical standards, but when it comes down to it they are deceitful, backstabbing, and extremely immoral. They will go out of their way to promote incompetent, unqualified people to the position based off of certain backgrounds and connections. They will look you in the face and blatantly lie to you and manipulate situations to their liking. Most of the management teams across the entire company are completely uneducated and unqualified to hold their positions and they have no clue how to run a successful team. The sad part is upper management allows this to happen and will back the brown nosing followers who fit their "mold." If you have ambition, are highly educated and have high moral standards avoid this company at all costs.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. You hire people for management that have no business being there and then completely ignore their atrocious leadership skills. You manipulate everyone that works for you into thinking your way is the right way and completely ignore people who work their tails off...the right way. Your company has completely lost it's direction and morality in the last 7 or 8 years and it's due to the upper management. Incompetence and deceitfulness will eventually catch up with you. You're not better than everyone else, no matter how much you want to believe it. Your little cult is bound to implode, just keep up the good work.

Great Starting Point

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at Idaho Central Credit Union

Pros

Great place to start a career in the financial services industry. Growing at a good pace, lots of opportunity for advancement in areas that suit your interest, great team of support.

Cons

Just like any large organization that is growing at a fast pace, it is hard to have all the right people hired in the right place at the right time. There are some branches that are managed by a manage-up type manager. I mean a manager that is more concerned with how good they look to their boss, rather than developing their people to let that performance speak for itself. It is still every man for himself, and certain people aren't the best representation of the company, but that will happen anywhere you go.

Advice to Management

I think you have a lot of talent at the branch level that goes under appreciated. I fear that you will lose some significant talent, followed by member loyalty by having certain "management cliques" that just aren't for everyone.

5. Great Place to get a start, not to stay.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chubbuck, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chubbuck, ID

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is a great place to get learn with training wheels. Nice perks like buying lunch and cute gifts for Christmas.

Cons

After looking else where, this was the lowest paying salary in the region for me. I was quite surprised. The perks were great but they didn't justify the low pay. With such rapid growth has been growth pains. If you have a degree and are willing to move out of Idaho I suggest you do it if you already have experience. The work was soul crushing as well.

Advice to Management

Management does a great job keeping people happy and it has been rated the best place to work in Idaho. However, that doesn't pay the bills. I'm not sure I need to give advice, they do a great job keeping pay down by providing other incentive. Great job in that aspect.

6. Overall great company!

Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, management, benefits, and amazing resources! They have a very unique and interesting interview method that almost guarantees you will get placed in a position you will love!

Cons

Favoritism, while minimal, definitely exists here, to grow with the company you have to win over management.

A lot of "unpaid" work

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union

Pros

Flexible, educates you on your job, excellent training.

Cons

Will always find a way to get more out of you than they actually pay you for. They have a tier system for training that will have you spending a lot of time outside of work acheiving, unpaid. Seems rather excessive a bit unethical for hourly employees.

Enjoyed working with my team. But upper management has lots of issues

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Burley, ID
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Burley, ID

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. I enjoyed the team I worked with.

Cons

They tell you to become part of the community so I did. I bought a house got my family settled and then after being promoted to branch manager 2 months later they asked me to quietly resign. With no reasons of what I did wrong. But to work for another month. Little did I know they had a replacement within 24 hours of forcing me to leave. It was Some young thing without a family to care for. So if they say they are family oriented that is a bunch of bull. Good luck!

Advice to Management

Take care of your employee. If you claim you are going to train and coach someone, then do it. Don't promote someone and make them think they are doing well and then can them with no explained reasons.

Green Team For The Win

Current Employee - Financial Services Officer in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Financial Services Officer in Boise, ID

I have been working at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management actually cares about the employees and there is plenty of room for advancement. The benefits are amazing and pay is great. It is the largest group of amazing people possible. I never thought that I would actually love my job!!!

Cons

There is nothing that I would change about the way this company operates!

Advice to Management

Don't change the way you do things. I will be there until I retire and I know that I will always love being employed with ICCU.

Good place to work, if you have the right manager

Former Employee - IT in Chubbuck, ID
    Former Employee - IT in Chubbuck, ID

I worked at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Upper management cares about employees, for the most part.
    Good salary
    Decent benefits
    Community involvement
    Growing all of the time

Cons

Politics get in the way of employees performing their best. Politics also gets in the way of personal life when you're wanted at some event going on outside of work.
    If you don't have a good manager, then this place can suck big time.
    The VP of IT is a bully and manages by intimidation. Nothing is ever done about it so that department wont get any better until he leaves. (another review posted here about IT management hit the nail on the head.
    Work/Life balance - stems from a demanding manager forcing employees to work extra hours and from home.
    Internal surveys done to help improve departments are a sham. You are urged to rate favorably. This is especially apparent when the "Best place to work" survey comes out every year.
    Company values aren't followed to the fullest.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to makes sure they stick to the company values, and make sure other managers are too.
    Take care of IT. That place is a mess and it comes from one person.
    Make sure employees have a good balance of work/personal life.

Amazing place to work!!!

Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Nampa, ID
    Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Nampa, ID

I have been working at Idaho Central Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great salary, benefits, and a great team to work with!

Cons

None, I love every second of it!!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, you guys are awesome!!!:)

RSS Feed </> Embed