Idea Integration

Add Photos

Tim Payne

Typical agency environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat creative; wonderful creative team and program managers

ConsLack of process and management is unaware of the issues on the execution level; horrible account management

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need a Chief of Staff!

brand

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosunique client opportunities in various industries

Consdemanding environment that pose capacity challenges

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat pay and benefits, yea

Conslack of face-time with management, lack of discussion of career growth.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

fun culture

(Former Employee)

ProsThere was a lot of creative and technical talent in the office while in my short stay there. A solid client list and more importantly, a casual and fun culture.

There seemed to be diverse set of projects ongoing that spanned the digital spectrum especially around digital marketing. I felt like there was a lot of opportunity to take on different roles and a general openness to new tools and technology.

ConsTimelines and deadlines were sometimes unrealistic. Career development was murky. Work life balance should be more than just "coach-speak".

Metrics for management should be re-evaluated to align with a strategy of quality vs quantity.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeverage the culture and focus more on quality over the number of billable hours. Look for better projects with higher margins and longer engagements with current client list.

Idea Integration - a company in transition, but not a bad ride.

Senior Software Engineer Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe management that pulled Idea out of debt and build a team of outstanding colleagues may be the best set of managers I've ever known. They did a great job of valuing employees, getting rid of inefficient role and individuals and creating a great environment of talented people to help each other be better consultants. As a first step from corporate environment into the world of consulting, my experience has been great in the short term.

ConsUnfortunately the management turnover rate is higher than I would hope in my 5 years at the company, and with many buyouts our benefits have also de-volved and worsened. In addition, with the economy issues, salary raises and general career opportunities have become non-existent for any long term horizon.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are on a good track with new management, however there are still no signs that the new management team really value the loyal employees. And despite the significant exodus of most of the top talent, there have been no promotions, bonuses, or real incentives for current talent to stay put. Most of the top talent that remain are here because we have personal circumstances that make jumping ship less of an option.

Good people bad management

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsReally smart people. Work environment ok.

ConsPay not best. Corp management has no clue about the market the company is in and makes stupid decisions that hurt everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpin it off and let it be it's own company run by folks who understand IT consulting.... Jacksonville is the company's biggest liability.

fair but dead end job

IT Consultant (Current Employee) Research Triangle Park, NC

Prosfor basic experience, it will work

Consoften no training, just thrown in and sink or swim. No feedback until you have/are in trouble. management would rather not know you exist, ie; they do not want problems

Ok

GIS Developer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexibility, some level of support from sales people

ConsLack of professional development and constant change

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee development

Making it Up as they Go along

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat work life balance
    Good benefits
    decent salaries
    Open to new ideas

ConsOwned by a huge staffing Corp. who knows nothing about agencies and cares nothing for the "art" of advertising and has little respect for creative.
    One Trick Pony--80% of business from one client
    HUGE turn-over. 31 people in 3 years. Most lay-offs.
    All upper management has no experience outside of IDEA. They have created a Frankenstein agency by making up new standards, reinventing wheels, and not understanding advertising, marketing, or branding.
    Creatives are all young know it all's who have minimal experience in other agencies. It's been called the "Lord of the Flies" department.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in people with agency experience. Adopt standard agency operating processes. Get a consultant. Understand your competitors and what you're up against

a strange agency this way comes

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosthe folks on the factory floor are great... the clients are great...

Constoo much drama... constant gossip and senior management is the primary cause of most issues... no one is truly "the boss" because the company is owned by someone else... it's basically a free-for-all on most things... clients are the last thing management worries about

Advice to Senior Managementadmit your shortcomings... learn to adapt... stop the drama

Worked for Idea Integration? Contribute to the Community!