Idea Integration

Updated Mar 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tim Payne

a strange agency this way comes

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosthe folks on the factory floor are great... the clients are great...

Constoo much drama... constant gossip and senior management is the primary cause of most issues... no one is truly "the boss" because the company is owned by someone else... it's basically a free-for-all on most things... clients are the last thing management worries about

Advice to Senior Managementadmit your shortcomings... learn to adapt... stop the drama

Interactive has the potential to be the best but not with current leadership.

(Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexible hours, good benefit package, paid vacations and sick time.

ConsThe leadership in interactive is inexperienced, uneducated and completely in over their heads. Anyone with talent and experience starts looking for another job within 6 months of hire. The company frowns upon new ideas, efforts to improve or any "change" whatsoever (even though they will repeatedly tell you in the interview that they are looking for new, fresh ideas from people with experience to help them improve.) No support for employees with hardware or software. Management made many promises during the interview and offer discussions that they never kept. A tremendous amount of politics, backstabbing, gossip, immaturity and attacking coworkers in order to mask their own inability and dysfunction.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend that the new parent company make every employee reapply for their jobs. 90% of the leadership has been there 9+ years simply because no other company would ever hire them at the same level based on their resume.

Poor management within the interactive group

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits. You have some autonomy if you can handle the cons of working here. Great clients.

ConsManagement takes advantage of lower pay employees who are willing to consistently put in overtime. There is a "you're with us or against us" attitude from managers and employees are afraid to speak up. Billability and profits are more important than creative vision and quality work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire new managers with outside agency experience.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

brand

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosunique client opportunities in various industries

Consdemanding environment that pose capacity challenges

Ok

GIS Developer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexibility, some level of support from sales people

ConsLack of professional development and constant change

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee development

Exciting and demanding work, great to build skills, but no work life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Pros- Highly skilled and passionate co-workers
    - Opportunity to work for a variety of interesting clients
    - Lots of knowledge sharing between co-workers

Cons- Highly political environment
    - Management made lots of promises they didn't keep
    - Absolutely no work-life balance (and there never will be)
    - Surprisingly poor support of employees with proper hardware and software to do their job
    - Archaic time reporting system
    - Employees are expendable

Advice to Senior Management- Continue to inspire your staff
    - Stop making promises you can't keep to your employees
    - Put your employees first -- treat them with dignity, not like slaves
    - Deliver on the promise of work-life balance -- endless work hours does not have to be a badge of honor; promote working effectively, not endlessly
    - Keep the backbiting to a minimum; treat people fairly

Great place to build your resume, but no work-life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat place to cut your teeth, build your resume and improve your skills. Excellent access to new industries and clients.

ConsWork-life balance is non-existent. It's all about "billable hours". Manager's overpromise, employees do major overtime. Bonuses are rare. Instead, lots of pats on the back.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your promises! to improve work-life balance, to respect compensation agreements (I was never given a raise I was promised after my stellar 4 month review) and support your employees with top-notch hardware. They are consultants after all, they need good equipment.

Idea Integration - a company in transition, but not a bad ride.

Senior Software Engineer Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe management that pulled Idea out of debt and build a team of outstanding colleagues may be the best set of managers I've ever known. They did a great job of valuing employees, getting rid of inefficient role and individuals and creating a great environment of talented people to help each other be better consultants. As a first step from corporate environment into the world of consulting, my experience has been great in the short term.

ConsUnfortunately the management turnover rate is higher than I would hope in my 5 years at the company, and with many buyouts our benefits have also de-volved and worsened. In addition, with the economy issues, salary raises and general career opportunities have become non-existent for any long term horizon.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are on a good track with new management, however there are still no signs that the new management team really value the loyal employees. And despite the significant exodus of most of the top talent, there have been no promotions, bonuses, or real incentives for current talent to stay put. Most of the top talent that remain are here because we have personal circumstances that make jumping ship less of an option.

Good people bad management

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsReally smart people. Work environment ok.

ConsPay not best. Corp management has no clue about the market the company is in and makes stupid decisions that hurt everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpin it off and let it be it's own company run by folks who understand IT consulting.... Jacksonville is the company's biggest liability.

fair but dead end job

IT Consultant (Current Employee) Research Triangle Park, NC

Prosfor basic experience, it will work

Consoften no training, just thrown in and sink or swim. No feedback until you have/are in trouble. management would rather not know you exist, ie; they do not want problems

Worked for Idea Integration? Contribute to the Community!