Idea Nuova

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Nathan Accad

Overall a good experience. Looking back, I wish I would have stayed at Idea.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was compensated quite fairly for my role. Was involved in a lot of interesting projects. Overall, I enjoyed working with most of the people at the company and still maintain friendships with some of my former colleagues. Also, there are some good perks such as free espresso and coffee (i'm a coffee junkie) , casual Fridays, and additional days off for the Jewish holidays. Company is run by friendly and generous owners. The family- like atmosphere is pleasant and inviting.
    Good location - away from 34th street touristy areas, and close to some nice lunch places.

ConsLiving out in Long Island, the commute was kind of hard.
    Have to work some sundays during high season.

This place is a nightmare!!

Management (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGood people working for these wretched owners ...if you can survive there you will learn a lot and appreciate the next position. If you are Jewish you get to leave early when you want and take extra time off. Paycheck comes on time.

ConsHostile and toxic work environment...owners are mean and rude....discrimination is an understatement...filthy offices...verbally abusive management...disorganized, lack of structure...employees are miserable and unhappy and management doesn't care...no regard for their employees whatsoever. Cramped office space, dirty bathrooms, mean insensitive owners, unqualified management team, unequal religious standards, unfair benefits, long work hours, hard work unappreciated, their sons are young inexperienced and running the place to the ground, place is a house of lies. Abusive doesn't begin to sum it up. Completely unprofessional environment and it all starts from the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt the end of the day they don't care what you say or how you feel the owners know it all and this place is toxic!

Enjoy Working Here

Production (Current Employee)

ProsGood salary
    Manageable workload
    Experienced managers
    Personal days and vacation days

ConsCramped office space
    Senior managers have

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Spare yourself and do not work here.

(Former Employee)

ProsAwesome coworkers! Mostly very sweet, caring, and wonderful coworkers!

ConsPhysically dangerous to work here, the office is a fire hazard.
    Workers are treated poorly.
    Management piles on excessive amounts of work based on whims.
    They do not care about their workers.
    Especially poor treatment and pay of workers that do more of the physical labor. Ie; cutting presentations, running samples to various departments, and prepping the showroom for market.
    Especially horrible experience with verbally abusive boss. The management only cares about the bottom line.
    On one occasion, there was an employee that wore an empty gun holster and what looked like a bullet proof vest and fingerless gloves made for using weaponry, cargo pants and combat boots. HR and management was alerted and did nothing about it. At the end of the day it turned out he did have a weapon by his desk and again HR and management was alerted and did nothing about it. (Current HR person, is not the same HR.)
    Sexist and must deal with unwanted sexual advances.

Exciting Opportunities and Pruduct

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat group of employees
    Experienced Management
    Good salary and rewards systems

ConsElevators are slow
    Receptionist a little rude

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking at Idea for 4 years. Had some great experiences. Started as an assistant and have been promoted about a year ago. Management does a fine job across the board and this is shown through the company's products and global span.
    Read previous reviews of biased attitudes, which I dot really agree with. I am of Latino background and I have seen any issues of race, religion etc.

I think it is a rare thing to say I enjoy coming to work everyday and would like to give Idea Nuova and its team the credit they deserve.

Below comment is BS

ProsWriting to comment that the below "positive review" is fabricated. Encouraging more ppl to step forward and comment.

ConsLies, this place is terrible. Everyday worse then the next. Terrible treatment. Sexist and racist.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying. Stop being mean ppl.

Horrible place to work

Management (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsDecent salary, and a dunking donuts downstairs

ConsOwners micromanage way too much, owners kids being giving more responsibilities even though they aren't qualified, kids are a joke
    Terrible work area, garbage everywhere, fire hazard, bathrooms smell all the time
    Bad place for African Americans, minorities, and LGBT to work

Advice to Senior ManagementFire kids
    Fix up work areas
    Hire competent managers

worst working experience I have ever had

New York, NY

Prosgetting paycheck on time, and that's about it.

ConsPoor and cramped working environment, gross equipments, filthy carpet, definitely FIRE HAZARD!!!
    Disrespectful for English as second language people, upper management power play, it depends on what team you work with. Unbalanced workload, some people take 2 hours lunch break yet got covered by their team leader. It's a place that whose voice is louder, then whose voice is heard. You won't be recognized by your work performance if you ain't loud.
    LGBT people watch out, definitely not a friendly working environment.
    No privacy whatsoever in this company, people could hear your every single move in the restroom while working on their desk.

Advice to Senior ManagementRewarding people who work hard, not people who work hard moving their mouth.

Something's fishy with that business...bad upper management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood employees there. Work hard.

ConsSalary is increased, but it comes at a price. Salary is not negotiated based on hard work. It is negotiated when mainly when someone resigns and they want to keep the employee when no one else is knocking on their door.
    Very disorganized handling of business.
    Lots of under rug swept transactions.
    Underpays to certain employees in a hugely discriminatory way.
    Offices are fire hazards. Clutter everywhere.
    Upper management does not want to improve their operations regardless of any findings.
    Counterproductive and what I believe to be illegal, invasive micromanagement.
    Turnover is high.
    Warehouse employees work in extremely poor conditions.
    Employees are all unhappy. A recruiter agency's jackpot to recruit and place elsewhere.
    Brooklyn office in the middle of nowhere.
    Long commute for many.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice is never taken. They know what they do to their employees.

disorganized place to work with angry employees

Prosare willing to negotiate salary

Conslack of organization and most employees are highly dissatisfied

Worked for Idea Nuova? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Idea Nuova reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Idea Nuova CEO Nathan Accad. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Idea Nuova employees.