Idea Nuova Reviews

Enjoyable, Challenging, and Growing working Experience

Current Employee - Product Merchandising
    Current Employee - Product Merchandising

I have been working at Idea Nuova full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management is easy to get along with and are very understanding to employee situations. In 2012 I lost my home in Hurricane Sandy, and was without a place to stay close to where i lived. I discussed my situation with management and they were very kind about it, allowing me to alter my hours until things returned to somewhat normal.
    Hardworking and dedicated employees have their work appreciated. Good compensation. Owners and their sons are involved and passionate about what they do.

Cons

Some employees are comfortable with their positions and therefor nasty towards others. Cramped office spaces, so such are normal in Manhattan. Workload can get hectic in peak seasons.

Keep working hard and recognizing those that work hard.

Unprofessional Company

I worked at Idea Nuova full-time

Pros

The location in Midtown is the only pro.

Cons

Benefits were abysmal - no dental insurance and expensive health insurance (no vision). 401K is after a year. Office culture consisted of complaining, angry co-workers. They like to try to throw projects at you a half hour before 6 pm quitting time, even though they had the whole day to ask you. If you like every email being monitored and read by the senior executives (since they have access to everyone's email account), then sign up to work here - you will never be able to send an email to colleagues without it being surreptitiously read.

Clean up your offices - you are so close to getting shut down by the fire department for blocking exits, samples stacked up past the windowsills, and radiators having samples on top of it.. It is truly a fire hazard, and a dangerous environment to be working in. I was so happy to leave, that the counter offer that they tried to offer me, was promptly rejected. My safety and health is much more important, not to mention it is a go-nowhere company - I would be doing the same projects 10 years from now with no growth to speak of.

Worst place ever, and positive reviews are all fake.

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I worked at Idea Nuova full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No pros. This place is sexist, racist, and modern day slavery. A nightmare.

Cons

Terrible, terrible management. They will lie to your face and don't care about anything but themselves. It's dirty, and people are always sick. This place is the worst ever.

Take a look in the mirror once in a while management and realize what you are doing to hard working people.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This place is a nightmare!!

Current Employee - Management  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Idea Nuova full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people working for these wretched owners ...if you can survive there you will learn a lot and appreciate the next position. If you are Jewish you get to leave early when you want and take extra time off. Paycheck comes on time.

Cons

Hostile and toxic work environment...owners are mean and rude....discrimination is an understatement...filthy offices...verbally abusive management...disorganized, lack of structure...employees are miserable and unhappy and management doesn't care...no regard for their employees whatsoever. Cramped office space, dirty bathrooms, mean insensitive owners, unqualified management team, unequal religious standards, unfair benefits, long work hours, hard work unappreciated, their sons are young inexperienced and running the place to the ground, place is a house of lies. Abusive doesn't begin to sum it up. Completely unprofessional environment and it all starts from the top.

At the end of the day they don't care what you say or how you feel the owners know it all and this place is toxic!

Overall a good experience. Looking back, I wish I would have stayed at Idea.

I worked at Idea Nuova full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was compensated quite fairly for my role. Was involved in a lot of interesting projects. Overall, I enjoyed working with most of the people at the company and still maintain friendships with some of my former colleagues. Also, there are some good perks such as free espresso and coffee (i'm a coffee junkie) , casual Fridays, and additional days off for the Jewish holidays. Company is run by friendly and generous owners. The family- like atmosphere is pleasant and inviting.
    Good location - away from 34th street touristy areas, and close to some nice lunch places.

Cons

Living out in Long Island, the commute was kind of hard.
    Have to work some sundays during high season.

Enjoy Working Here

Current Employee - Production
    Current Employee - Production

I have been working at Idea Nuova full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary
    Manageable workload
    Experienced managers
    Personal days and vacation days

Cons

Cramped office space
    Senior managers have

Spare yourself and do not work here.

I worked at Idea Nuova full-time

Pros

Awesome coworkers! Mostly very sweet, caring, and wonderful coworkers!

Cons

Physically dangerous to work here, the office is a fire hazard.
    Workers are treated poorly.
    Management piles on excessive amounts of work based on whims.
    They do not care about their workers.
    Especially poor treatment and pay of workers that do more of the physical labor. Ie; cutting presentations, running samples to various departments, and prepping the showroom for market.
    Especially horrible experience with verbally abusive boss. The management only cares about the bottom line.
    On one occasion, there was an employee that wore an empty gun holster and what looked like a bullet proof vest and fingerless gloves made for using weaponry, cargo pants and combat boots. HR and management was alerted and did nothing about it. At the end of the day it turned out he did have a weapon by his desk and again HR and management was alerted and did nothing about it. (Current HR person, is not the same HR.)
    Sexist and must deal with unwanted sexual advances.

Exciting Opportunities and Pruduct

Current Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Idea Nuova full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great group of employees
    Experienced Management
    Good salary and rewards systems

Cons

Elevators are slow
    Receptionist a little rude

Working at Idea for 4 years. Had some great experiences. Started as an assistant and have been promoted about a year ago. Management does a fine job across the board and this is shown through the company's products and global span.
    Read previous reviews of biased attitudes, which I dot really agree with. I am of Latino background and I have seen any issues of race, religion etc.

I think it is a rare thing to say I enjoy coming to work everyday and would like to give Idea Nuova and its team the credit they deserve.

Below comment is BS

I have been working at Idea Nuova

Pros

Writing to comment that the below "positive review" is fabricated. Encouraging more ppl to step forward and comment.

Cons

Lies, this place is terrible. Everyday worse then the next. Terrible treatment. Sexist and racist.

Stop lying. Stop being mean ppl.

Horrible place to work

Former Employee - Management  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Management in New York, NY

I worked at Idea Nuova full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent salary, and a dunking donuts downstairs

Cons

Owners micromanage way too much, owners kids being giving more responsibilities even though they aren't qualified, kids are a joke
    Terrible work area, garbage everywhere, fire hazard, bathrooms smell all the time
    Bad place for African Americans, minorities, and LGBT to work

Fire kids
    Fix up work areas
    Hire competent managers

Worked for Idea Nuova? Contribute to the Community!