Ideal Innovations

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert W. Kocher Jr.

Site Manager

Site Manager (Former Employee)
Arlington Village, VA

I worked at Ideal Innovations full-time for more than 10 years

ProsProfession attitude as well room for promotion.

ConsNothing to comment on just keep up the great work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPositive attitude

The best company I ever worked for

CMS Technician II (Former Employee)
Clarksburg, WV

I worked at Ideal Innovations as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsThe people you work with, the management, support from the company, it is like a family atmosphere.

ConsTHERE ARE NO CONS FOR THIS COMPANY

Disaster

I have been working at Ideal Innovations full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompetitive wages for the most part but also creates a stagnant environment.

ConsTop heavy senior management with no clear strategic direction. Stagnant professional development. Management rewards employees for butt in chair not for quality of work. No true review of employees and god forbid you are a family member, then you can do no wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a 360 review of your employees, you'll be surprised. Re-evaluate your strategic plan and review your organizational structure. Your human capital is not sophicatied enough to hold all of that weight up top.

Great to work for!

I have been working at Ideal Innovations

ProsGood, people oriented company. Small enough to be known by the CEO, big enough to work with top contracting companies.

ConsNone. Good, people oriented company. Small enough to be known by the CEO, big enough to work with top contracting companies.

Train wreck

I have been working at Ideal Innovations full-time for more than 5 years

Pros-Comprehensive benefit plans (although can very very expensive for a family)
-Nice perks like free tickets to sporting events, and travel awards

Cons-Incompetent and unqualified senior management
-Low-balling employees on salaries and increases, while upper management received obnoxious pay and regular monthly and yearly bonuses NOT tied to performance
-Not focused on building business relationships.
-Negative employee culture - focus is on butts in seats and profits above employee treatment.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire competent people that are actually qualified for the positions you select them for. Stop hand picking people and circumventing the hiring process that everyone else has to go through.

Small firm, inexperienced and amateurish management

I have been working at Ideal Innovations

ProsLike most small firms, they can provide a higher salary than the larger firms that have so many people on overhead (senior management, partners, etc.)

ConsRather than a real consulting firm, this place conforms to the model of a "body shop." Management has no real clue regarding the impact employees have on the client site; their only real interest is having bodies submitting timesheets that result in invoices. The most routine business/consulting problems seem to mystify and perplex the firm's management. For a firm that caters to the Federal and DoD market, it's ironic that their management functions at the level of a senior lieutenant or junior captain.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some adults with actual business and consulting experience.

Decent company, poor benefits and staff support.

Web Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Ideal Innovations

ProsDepending on where you work, you may not have any interaction with the corporate office at all. This is a positive and a negative. They do have a tendency to hand out bonuses if your boss reports you as having done a job well done. Also, they give out holiday bonuses.

ConsWorking with the HR department is a nightmare. For a company this small, they don't really know who works for them, or call you back when you leave messages. Also, they have a tendancy to withhold raises, even when the company's profit margins are increasing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the employees.

Lack of Structure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ideal Innovations

ProsMost of the employees are readily available and easy to speak with and get along with. They do offer benefits....

ConsThere is no structure nor written guidelines. Management is often biased and only concerned with self. No one takes responsibility of their own work or mistakes. The benefits leave much to be desired. If you are prior military then this will not affect you, however, for everyone else it may be more beneficial to look at alternative benefits. There are little to no incentives for CONUS employees, however, if you are OCONUS they shower you with incentives and additional perks. For all of the work that is done, don't expect anything in return. Senior management will take the credit and the bonuses for themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut procedures and guidelines in writing. There needs to be a way to evaluate employees and their level of work. Take responsibility for your actions.

Great Company to work for

Financial Service Representative (Former Employee)
Jalālābād, Nangarhar Province (Afghanistan)

I worked at Ideal Innovations full-time for more than a year

ProsAll Personal was great to talk to

Conswish they had more work

Advice to Senior Managementkeep in touch for future jobs

Very nice company to work for.

Biometrics Trainer (Former Employee)
Baghdad (Iraq)

I worked at Ideal Innovations as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsThe took care of their people.

ConsNot enough jobs back here stateside for those returning from overseas.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Worked for Ideal Innovations? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ideal Innovations reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ideal Innovations CEO Robert W. Kocher Jr. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Ideal Innovations employees.