IdleAire Technologies

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Brian Abraham

It's not what you are lead to think the company is

Site Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN

I have been working at IdleAire Technologies

ProsNew hired employees are lead to believe they have a great opportunity to become a solid part of the IdleAire team with an great future

ConsLimited opportunity for improvement
Low wages
Terrible hours
Under pressure of being written up without just cause and no opportunity to defind yourself

Advice to Senior ManagementThe reasons associated with filing Chapter 7 have'nt changed nor will they with the present management

dont work here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at IdleAire Technologies full-time for more than a year

Prossales experience, meet interesting truckers. Have lots of interesting stories to tell from meeting strange people at a truck stop at night. Lot lizards, homeless kids hitching rides, all sorts of walks of life. The product they provide is a great service as well.

Consworst job I ever had. upper management has no clue. truckers are rude and most think the services track them.

This company went bankrupt once for a reason

Site Sales Representative (Former Employee)
New Braunfels, TX

I worked at IdleAire Technologies

ProsGreat pay, relative to the area or not. Flexible scheduling (at first).

ConsI started work at IdleAire before things got bad, so I knew what the good times were like. I had a lot of flexibility in my schedule, and there wasn't any pressure with regards to things like punching in or sales. I did my best, and they recognized that. Then, when things started to get rough, everything went downhill. We were forced to take longer breaks, and punished if we didn't. If we clocked in even a minute late, we were given points, yet we weren't allowed to clock in early by a minute either. It had to be right on the button. Promotions were handed out to people based on nepotism rather than experience, and we were greeted with empty threats of termination if we didn't meet exaggerated sales standards. I quit because I was young, and didn't need that much stress for such a dead-end job.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust give up. The company went bankrupt once, and when you got purchased you didn't change anything. Clearly the whole company needs to either go away forevermore or be replaced in it's entirety.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Short-term resume experience possible here - no upward mobility

IT Professional (Former Employee)
Knoxville, TN

I worked at IdleAire Technologies

ProsIf you are looking for a place to get some resume experience, and you are not looking for the opportunity to advance, IdleAIre, Inc (formerly IdleAire Technologies) could be acceptable to you.

ConsIdleAire had been around for eight years by the end of 2008 and had yet to make a profit. IdleAire Technologies went bankrupt, and was purchased by venture capital firms and renamed IdleAire, Inc. about one month before the Wall Street economic crisis started. Combined, the companies held three rounds of layoffs in 2008. Employees were kept in the dark about all decisions. The climate in this company is one of repression. It is not a place where vision and innovation are rewarded. At least two completely incompetent, overpaid middle managers remained on throughout the layoffs while critical personnel in many departments were laid off, hobbling the company's ability to correct critical issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementRebuild the technical portions of the company and hire competent marketing and sales staff. Give peer-review and upward review opportunities to staff in order to find the middle management fat.

Worked for IdleAire Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IdleAire Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IdleAire Technologies CEO Brian Abraham. All reviews posted anonymously by IdleAire Technologies employees.