IdleAire Technologies

Fun Environment, good pepople

Former Employee - Site Sales Representative in Paulsboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Site Sales Representative in Paulsboro, NJ

I worked at IdleAire Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Anonotomy good environment, growth potential and promoting within. Open to new ideas and ways to forward think then problem. Fun

Cons

They closed due ot top heavy structure of mananagment,]. White on Tan uniforms made no sense at all in the dirt and grime environment. RIF's were demenaing to site reps

they are closed now and re-opened under new managagement. Good to see the expansion is slower and more direct.

I enjoyed my time working at Idleair.

I worked at IdleAire Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurialism is rewarded and there is room for growth if you work hard. The company is very small now, so it is very easy to access senior management. This is a plus because your voice will be heard.

Cons

Disorganization and bad word of mouth from some customers who dealt with legacy company. One of the biggest negatives is that, because the company is still struggling to grow, job security might not be great. However, there are new sites being opened, and they should need employees.

dont work here

I worked at IdleAire Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

sales experience, meet interesting truckers. Have lots of interesting stories to tell from meeting strange people at a truck stop at night. Lot lizards, homeless kids hitching rides, all sorts of walks of life. The product they provide is a great service as well.

Cons

worst job I ever had. upper management has no clue. truckers are rude and most think the services track them.

This company went bankrupt once for a reason

Former Employee - Site Sales Representative in New Braunfels, TX
    Former Employee - Site Sales Representative in New Braunfels, TX

I worked at IdleAire Technologies

Pros

Great pay, relative to the area or not. Flexible scheduling (at first).

Cons

I started work at IdleAire before things got bad, so I knew what the good times were like. I had a lot of flexibility in my schedule, and there wasn't any pressure with regards to things like punching in or sales. I did my best, and they recognized that. Then, when things started to get rough, everything went downhill. We were forced to take longer breaks, and punished if we didn't. If we clocked in even a minute late, we were given points, yet we weren't allowed to clock in early by a minute either. It had to be right on the button. Promotions were handed out to people based on nepotism rather than experience, and we were greeted with empty threats of termination if we didn't meet exaggerated sales standards. I quit because I was young, and didn't need that much stress for such a dead-end job.

Just give up. The company went bankrupt once, and when you got purchased you didn't change anything. Clearly the whole company needs to either go away forevermore or be replaced in it's entirety.

Short-term resume experience possible here - no upward mobility

Former Employee - IT Professional in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Knoxville, TN

I worked at IdleAire Technologies

Pros

If you are looking for a place to get some resume experience, and you are not looking for the opportunity to advance, IdleAIre, Inc (formerly IdleAire Technologies) could be acceptable to you.

Cons

IdleAire had been around for eight years by the end of 2008 and had yet to make a profit. IdleAire Technologies went bankrupt, and was purchased by venture capital firms and renamed IdleAire, Inc. about one month before the Wall Street economic crisis started. Combined, the companies held three rounds of layoffs in 2008. Employees were kept in the dark about all decisions. The climate in this company is one of repression. It is not a place where vision and innovation are rewarded. At least two completely incompetent, overpaid middle managers remained on throughout the layoffs while critical personnel in many departments were laid off, hobbling the company's ability to correct critical issues.

Rebuild the technical portions of the company and hire competent marketing and sales staff. Give peer-review and upward review opportunities to staff in order to find the middle management fat.

It's not what you are lead to think the company is

Current Employee - Site Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Site Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at IdleAire Technologies

Pros

New hired employees are lead to believe they have a great opportunity to become a solid part of the IdleAire team with an great future

Cons

Limited opportunity for improvement
    Low wages
    Terrible hours
    Under pressure of being written up without just cause and no opportunity to defind yourself

The reasons associated with filing Chapter 7 have'nt changed nor will they with the present management