Ifbyphone

Ifbyphone CEO and CTO Irv Shapiro

Irv Shapiro

Ifbyphone Rivals The Best Companies To Work For In The World, In Every Way

Chicago, IL

ProsIfbyphone rivals top-ranked companies throughout the world as one of the best places to work in every way. Industry leading pay, excellent benefits, a cool culture in downtown Chicago, and interesting, intelligent people to work with. Plus, Ifbyphone offers employees the ability to turn their ideas into concrete projects and solutions, unlike many companies where bureaucracy often stands in the way.

I was recently offered a job from a very well-known search engine, with over 300 offices worldwide. I turned it down because Ifbyphone offered a better overall package and was more understanding of my needs as an individual. Staying at Ifbyphone gives me the chance to grow my career in ways that this large company would never be able to offer. This company pressured me heavily into accepting a position that wasn't right for me personally or professionally. Going through this process I have learned how genuinely Ifbyphone management cares for their employees and I feel a real sense of warmth and well-being because of it. Not many people can say that about the company they work for.

Thank you Ifbyphone for caring about me and understanding how my happiness affects your bottom line. I am confident that my future at Ifbyphone holds exceptional professional development, growth and success.

ConsIt would be nice to see more diversity within the company and more women in management roles.

What is happening?

Chicago, IL

ProsThis place has all the whistles and bells of a great company from the outside. Drinks and snacks and great people. They want SWANS and have a lot of great people. The product will sell to the right client. You must put in the work but it can be done.

ConsNot sure what is going on with CEO and upper management. Products changing and not good communication about new products with visibility. Now lost VP of Sales and seems like this company which I thought once was great is going in absolutely wrong direction. Many people are looking to jump ship in all departments which is going to kill morale even more. Numbers seem to be skewed and amount of sales dwindling. I have heard other senior key employees either are leaving or talking bad about company which blows my mind. Makes you wonder if this company will be around next year.

Advice to Senior ManagementProbably need to evaluate the entire sales structure and moral. Not the easiest or best place to work and communication needs to increase between departments. Looking back I was definitely sold on this position for different job description.

Flag Review
    Ifbyphone HR Manager responded to this review May 4, 2014 EditDelete
    As the CEO at Ifbyphone I thought it appropriate that I respond to this comment directly. Yes we have all of the Silicon Valley bells and whistles but that is not what is important to us. A great ... More

Selected as a Best and Brightest Places to Work 4 years in a row for a reason!

Chicago, IL

ProsIncredibly collaborative and engaging environment, smart, driven employees and just a FUN place to work. The challenges that we face here cultivate the strongest and most ambitious of employees and drive them to success. There is a lot to learn, a lot to master and a lot to gain. If you enjoy a company with a casual culture and BIG growth goals for the near future, this is the company you want to work for!

ConsMany of the roles here promote a lot of autonomy in your work so there's not a ton of structure within some departments which makes it easy to get carried away in your own bubble and not leverage the abundance of internal resources available to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide feedback to your employees as much as possible so that any performance issues are addressed in a timely manner and employees are well-educated on their career path at Ifbyphone and what's in store for the company.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work

ProsGood people, relaxed environment, free drinks and snacks. Unlimited vacation days! Growing company with good career opportunities if you do your job well. Employees are trusted and empowered to succeed.

ConsStill a startup of sorts, so no bonuses, and not necessarily the highest paying gig in town. Its not such a sexy product (though it does sell well)

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider more opportunities for employees to benefit from the growth of the company, like allowing them to buy in to funding rounds.

Driven tech company filled with smart people

Product Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsEveryone who works at this company is smart. You're not going to find a single person here that doesn't fit that mold. It's tough to understate how much of a benefit this is- the free drinks are nice, the pinball is fun as are some of the company sponsored events/parties, but seriously you can take all that away for the benefit of working around smart people. Not a day goes by that I'm not able to learn something or find someone different to talk to.

ConsThis is not an easy place to work. Let me explain- If you're looking to punch the clock and never have your work bleed beyond 5pm this is not the place for you. For me that's a good thing- I tend to be passionate about what I do with my time at work and beyond. For others, that's going to be a negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to find new ways to reward top performers as well as intellectual curiosity.

A REAL Report from the inside...

Sales (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsCasual work environment. Success driven individuals. A company big enough to provide perks (good benefits, competitive salary, open vacation policy) but small enough to feel like a community. A management staff that doesn't micro-manage (can be seen as detrimental to people who are lazy). Overall Ifbyphone is an incredible place to work for anyone that is looking for an opportunity to succeed.

ConsPeople that are looking for very buttoned up, corporate structure should steer clear. Ifbyphone has done a great job hiring like minded individuals and fostering a work environment that lends itself to success. There have been some, not many, but some that have come through Ifbyphone looking to be told what to do and have their hand held through everything. This is not what we look for, we are looking for people that like creative freedom, that like to know that day to day their opinion helps mold an already excellent product.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease rotate the drinks from the back to the front when re-filling the company paid for drinks.

In all seriousness the company has their act together. There have been people that claim otherwise but it is pretty clear when you are here that this is a company that is going places. They have maintained a spot on the INC list the last two years as one of the fastest growing companies in the country. Not an easy thing to do.

Smart and Passionate People

Pros- Free Drinks
    - Really smart and passionate people who want to take this company to the next level - Already Inc 249 company
    - Fast paced environment where your ideas are heard and implemented
    - Great open door policy with Executive Team
    - Willing to break some glass to continue to be cutting edge
    - Rewarded for your hard work

Cons- You do not want to work for this company if "You want everything handed to you on a silver platter," This company is for innovative people that are willing to go the extra mile to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. In a great industry with a great product suite

Could be a great company but needs considerable work

Sales (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsFree drinks, pinball/foosball, nice office decor, casual dress code

ConsThe reality of the sales rep position here is far different from what they explain during the interview process. They will guarantee you enough leads to cover your number and vehemently say you don't have to prospect...this is far from the truth. You will be lucky to get 1-2 leads every couple weeks. You will be held to a monthly prospecting number as well. The only way to hit your number here is to land a very large revenue account and pray they continue to use the service all year. Another problem here is morale on the sales floor. This is due to a few factors: senior management that chooses not to listen to their reps, lack of company direction and complacency when competing against other companies within the industry on improvements to Ifbyphone's platform. Lastly, the bathroom stall has a 2 inch gap by the door where I can make eye contact (whilst using the bathroom) with the person washing their hands. It's unnerving.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst and foremost, more help is needed from the CEO to drive company recognition and therefore sales. While he occasionally speaks at conferences or events, the majority of the time, he's in the office sending out congratulatory emails when a sale comes in. Recognition is always great but help out the sales team and speak more often at trade shows. There was a direct correlation between when you spoke and the ability to connect with prospects at the conference and ultimately close a deal. Lastly, Ifbyphone offers way too many products. Offer your core products i.e. keyword level tracking, IVR and maybe Call Distributor (when it's working properly) and don't focus as many resources on the rest. Try to be great in 3 things as opposed to mediocre in 15

Love the culture and fast paced environment

Chicago, IL

ProsChallenging work, amazing co-workers, always new things to work on, fast paced environment. The game room is awesome, and free cereal, soft drinks, and a popcorn machine.

ConsSometimes feels like company is working on too many initiatives at once which spreads the employees thin. You must be willing to work in an environment where the cheese moves often.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication about initiatives and the roadmap.

Decent company with poor senior management

ProsFree Drinks, Nice office Supplies

ConsIfbyphone talks a great game about what a great place it is to work, however they don't seem to care if any of their employees are happy. Sometimes it seems that they have more directors and VP's than we do employees; and they keep promoting people. The sales side of the business is a real mess and they keep hiring and firing people. Management claims that the most recent round of layoff's was due to something strategic, yet nothing seems to change, (other than the fact that everybody keeps quitting.)
     - There are very few girls working at Ifbyphone.
     - They pride themselves on hiring "nice" people, but senior management doesn't even take the time to learn peoples names.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your employees, ask them what customers are saying. Get some focus. If you want to hire nice people, be nice. Learn your employees names. Get new sales management.

Worked for Ifbyphone? Contribute to the Community!

Ifbyphone Videos

Ifbyphone – Why Work for Us?

About Ifbyphone Ifbyphone manages, measures and automates voice conversations with your customers and prospects. These conversations cannot be managed using marketing automation or CRM software alone. Without… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ifbyphone reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ifbyphone CEO Irv Shapiro. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by Ifbyphone employees.