Ifreedom Direct

Kevin Gates

Great Company

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Loan Officer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Ifreedom Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The managers are the best that I have ever had, they care about their employees.
    Incentives- Gift cards, lunches, etc.
    Free soda machines

Cons

Long hours in the summers
    Parking/Building is a pain in the butt

Ask the hard questions before you start.

I worked at Ifreedom Direct full-time

Pros

Co- worker's are ok to work with.

Cons

Be careful what you say and who you say it to.

Don't fall into their trap!

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Ifreedom Direct full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I miss some of the people I worked with there, that's about the only positive thing I can say about iFreedom Direct.

Cons

The management at iFreedom Direct is a joke. Most managers have absolutely no people skills and no qualifications to even be in management. It is one of the worst work atmosphere's I have ever been in. The loans that they offer are absolutely awful, I felt bad for every single one of those borrower's, it was like we were conning them.

If you make a promise, you should probably keep it.

micro management, bullying, gossip, self absorbed management

I worked at Ifreedom Direct full-time

Pros

its a job with a paycheck. medical benefits are offered. it you are lucky you could find some knowledge and experience for future jobs.

Cons

wage compensation is not good. bonus structure in place, but the numbers and time spent at work make it difficult to make much of a bonus. family life is very hard to have, while watching senior management having a family/social life. select few are spoken of highly. fault is always found with you. everybody wants to run the show.

acknowledgement of hard work and trials that your people go through would be great. management taking responsibility of their own mistakes and short comings would be nice rather than finding excuses and scapegoats to blame. communication skills need to be worked on. the "because I said so" philosophy is not productive. maybe if more explaination of "why" things need to be done a certain way would be accepted better by the troops. also, to many people calling the shots. employees are not sure who to listen to and who trumps who.

Kevin Gates is a Genius, A+ Employer

Current Employee - Team Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Ifreedom Direct full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No cap on compensation, you can earn as much as you're motivated to make. The platform & method for success is proven however it takes the motivated individual to get there. And why would you want anyone other than a motivated employee working for your company?
    Contest, rewards, constant motivation, acknowledgment for your achievements is recognized daily, weekly & monthly.
    Kevin Gates involvement is refreshing and exciting.

Cons

Faster growth & restructure of the operations department

Identify where improvements are needed so growth can occur. Otherwise, everything is great, the new Sr. Management over the last 1-2 years is the best thing that could've happen. I have great faith in this Company and in my future with the Company.

So-So

Current Employee - Loan Officer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ifreedom Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work environment. Hours are manageable, the people there are fun and easy to work with.

Cons

Poor earning potential, high levels of nepotism among management. Poor pricing and lack of competitive nature...the company is not competitive with either pricing of products or in regards to employee compensation.

Give employees a chance to earn some real money.

Really takes care of it's employees

Current Employee - Loan Officer
    Current Employee - Loan Officer

I have been working at Ifreedom Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have a great base pay for the industry, good benefits, and a great work environment. Commission structure with the base pay is fair.

Cons

Rates are not competitive with other lenders which limits the amount of business you can expect to do, especially early on.

Lower rates and give your sales staff something to work with.

This is the place for you if you are self motivated and want to make a lot of money

I have been working at Ifreedom Direct full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get medical and dental insurance, 401K, opportunities to earn free trips to great places, Everything is done in house so we have fast turn times on files, knowlegable processors and you specialize in just VA and FHA loans, Perks such at free soda, some lunches near the end of the month. The leads are given to you as well as they pay for licensing. The commissions are decent you are paid basis points and you can make really good money if you are motivated to do so

Cons

This is not the place for you if you do not like to play by the rules, in house attorney so dishonesty is not tollerated. If you do not perform you will not stay with the company. If you are not self motivated I wouldn't apply.

The 8 hour work day is hard to deal with I like to be able to work more if I desire to do so.

Comforting to know that upper management is always ahead of the curve so you have the best opportunity to succeed.

Current Employee - Group Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Group Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Ifreedom Direct full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Provides the tools you need to be successful. Phone rings with new clients and great leaders helping you when you need it.

Cons

Small parking lot. However, you will be rewarded your own parking stall if you are a top performer.

Work Envoirnment

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Ifreedom Direct full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I love getting up in the morning and coming to work, I have bosses and colleagues that are great to work with and genuinely care about me as a person and continually show interest in my progress at work. I have lots of support and always feel like this place "has my back". It is a good feeling when you enjoy where you work and what you do.

Cons

Not able to work a lot of overtime, but that probably helps me keep a good work life balance