Igloo Products
www.igloocoolers.com Katy, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Igloo Products Reviews

Updated Feb 25, 2014

Gary Kiedasch

great product and great company. personnel could use improvement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Igloo Products

Prosoverall great place to work. Great products, love the culture and environment. Very conservative business, stable workplace.

Conscaliber of people could use some improvement. infrastructure and management systems needs improvement. Need to update their HR and culture to 21 century.

Advice to Senior Managementgreat job, but could use a refresher.

If you have other options, stay away

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Igloo Products full-time for more than a year

Prosproximity if you live in Katy or nearby.
the very good reviews on here, are written by HR to promote the place due to the large turnover.

Consincompetent managers. exec staff are short visioned. their main goal is to make their money and cash out. They continue to hire and promote incompetent people because of previous relationships. back stabbing is all over in this company. there is no accountability when mistakes happen. no one gets fired for any mistakes. no ownership. most talented people had left the company due to the bad working environment. if you have skills, kiss them goodbye. HR is a JOKE!

Advice to Senior Managementset the stage for a long term vision, stop harassing your people.
Advice to investors, dive deep.

I have had an overall positive experience, but this is not true for everyone.

Preventive Maintenance (Current Employee)

I have been working at Igloo Products full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe pay is fair, and the ability to move up in the company is there.

ConsThe company is stuck in the 80's. I would like to see them move forward in safety, recognition of employees that do a good job, and less employee turnover. All employees are allowed to "repair" the machinery, but only maintenance is held accountable. Managers need to be told what they are accountable for before the fact, not after.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart believing what you say, safety matters, the people matter. They really do, but right now, it's just lip service.

Igloo Products Corp is AWESOME! #1 cooler company in the world and proud to say, American made!

I have been working at Igloo Products full-time for more than a year

ProsLocated in Houston suburb, Katy, TX - economy is doing well and cost of living is low
Great Benefits! Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance + Matching 401k
Great company culture - Employees have can-do attitudes, are very hard working, and love the products they make

ConsThis company does a great job on trying to please everyone, which is a huge undertaking. When suggestions are made, action is taken quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you're doing. Looking forward to what the future holds here at Igloo.

Unprofessional,Uneducated,Ignorant Management & HR if I could rate Igloo -10 I would.

Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Igloo Products for less than a year

ProsHow can anyone write Pros in this section, when everything about Igloo's HR & Management is Negative!!!!!!! If you want to work for a Good Cooler company work for Newell Rubbermaid, Nothing better that a Rubbermaid, Nothing worse than a Melting Igloo!!!!

ConsWhere does one start when asked what the cons with Igloo Coolers Human Resources Staff & the Management Dummies" Well it begins with the Interview & the and an offer, with out ever seeing the factory. This should be the first Inclination, "dat somtin wong" here. But people fall for the Igloo name. Then they get sucked in, without ever knowing that they are heading toward the perfect storm in their Career. False & mis representation as to how well they portray the company is to work for. Well I'm here to tell you first hand of the Igloo perfect storm" meaning" Management tells you, that you have to Learn & understand the way Igloo "ruins" their own business. You learn very quickly when the Floor Management has no clue what their doing, but have the Ignorance to send emails to the entire facility how screwed up the floor is. I've been taught to Manage up & treat employees with Respect & Dignity, it goes far better than orders, & demands. Well that's the Igloo way. You hear that all the time. I guess Igloo's Management think their the only company that knows how to make Quality Products. "Quality" what's that? words someone read in a book. Experience, Knowledge, Education, & Training, are other words that fly around, but truly have no meaning with HR, & Management in Igloo. The only words that they really know well" a re Threats, & Intimidation. SO IN SHORT" TO ANY NEW APPLICANTS LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT STAY FAR AWAY THE RATH OF IGLOO COOLERS.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advise, to the Investors is open your Eye's & Ear's close the pockets of your current HR, & Management Group. There's a project that has resulted in a $116.489 dollar lose due to poor Management decision. Heads should roll for this. But if you choose & want your dollars thrown out the window, keep your current Management & HR.

Fun products, not a fun place to work

Administrative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Igloo Products full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSome great coworkers.. Both tenured and new
Fun and innovative products
Great commute for Katy area residents

ConsChaotic and disorganized
No incentives for majority of employees
Very low morale at present
Disengaged, cold management

Advice to Senior ManagementYour greatest asset? Your people! Someone needs to wake up and smell the obvious.. Take care of your employees who take care if your customers. It's depressing to see so many unhappy employees at a company that was once a proud and happy family.

Career mistake - rectified as soon as I could

Assistant (Former Employee)
Katy, TX

I worked at Igloo Products full-time for less than a year

ProsShort commute for Katy and West Houston residents, also against the traffic commute. Business casual dress code and environment, all day every day.

ConsVery poor benefits and paid time off as compared to corporate. 30 days wait period for medical benefits. 401 k has a 6 month wait period. The old-timers consist of 2 kinds - either the ones who get the fat bonus or the ones who lack the drive to find something better. Terrible cafeteria with unhealthy food choices - oh and it closes at 1 pm so if you worked thru lunch, you've had it.

The Ice is melting at Igloo.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Igloo Products full-time

ProsThere is a nice safe parking lot up front to park in. Oh wait, they have had a number of vehicles stolen from the front parking lot.

ConsManagement is self-centered only caring about retaining power and making their bonus. Abusive management personalities are driving people away. It could be a great place to work but management needs to be cleared out. There is way too much cronyism in the front office. The investment company (J.H. Whitney & Co) that owns Igloo needs to take a serious look at the senior office management and do some house cleaning. If they want a return on their investment they need to get involved and make some replacements. The lack of trust in the senior management team is killing employee engagement. It seems like everyone is trying to find a new job outside of Igloo. I don't understand how a company could place so much value on a few senior executives and so little value on the people that are actually doing the work. Shame on you. Retention of employees is Key. Replacing ineffective executives . . . Priceless.

Advice to Senior ManagementNope. They don't listen anyway.

I'm very proud to work here. It's a fun place with a great group of people and great products.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Igloo Products full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company is doing great and has been throughout the recession. The management team really cares about the people and is providing a lot of people with employment during a tough time for our country. We make great products that almost EVERYONE has in their home! That's cool!

ConsNO company is perfect but we have a nice place to work. We work hard to be the best cooler company in the WORLD! We have high expectations and a get-it-done work environment. Our ownership is like any other ownership --they are in business to be profitable. Nothing unreasonable at all. Thank goodness this is a very profitable company worthy of investing in! I'm pretty proud of that.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a more proactive role in encouraging the real, loyal and valuable employees of the company to post here. The complaint about clocking in was made by someone who was absent more days than present and then quit when she probably should have been fired. Good ridance!

Poor Senior Management

I have been working at Igloo Products

ProsIf you live in Brookshire I guess it would be a close commute and if you live east of Katy you don't fight traffic as you commute west to work.

ConsIgloo is a culture of the Good Old Boys Club. Senior Management is lacking in many important skill sets. Most importantly an basic understanding of how to motivate people and how to build a team. Current Senior Management acts like royalty and the employees are just their subjects. There seems to be a lot of greed and selfishness in senior management. If you want to be promoted you better learn to kiss some @$$. If you like tyranny of the middle ages this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a course in professionalism. Learn to support the people that you manage. Reward hard work. Don't be so greedy. Be a company people want to work at. Wake up and look around do you see a lot of engaged employees. Igloo just hired a new president. People are just waiting for him to stand up and take lead and fix the problems. If he waits much longer he will be seen in the same light as the current Good Old Boys Club.

Worked for Igloo Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Igloo Products reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Igloo Products CEO Gary Kiedasch. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Igloo Products employees.