Igloo Products

Updated Jul 13, 2014

Gary Kiedasch

CHALLENGING WORK PLACE

Maintenance (Current Employee) Katy, TX

ProsGreat place to work years ago,great people...." office culture is only the bottom $ line and can change daily.

ConsVery poor leadership under utilized by my new manager........''

Advice to Senior Managementstop the micromanagement....."

Made in USA. ...but not by Americans

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsPerfect stepping stone for your career, use the brand name to your advantage, cause igloo will take advantage of your soul.
    You can lie and bs your way to positions to be in charge and never be held accountable because you can blame others due to no set structure.

Welcome back to the 1970's!

ConsSweatshop mentality, only thing different from a third world culture is is located on American soil with working sanitation system. Front Office is out of touch with how things are actually run, floor management are abusive and threatening to get what they want, never once providing sound resolutions to reoccurring problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit outsourcing for talent, quit buying visas! !!!! hire americans, pay fair and competitive wages to people that actually make your product work, listen to the people, if you don't know my name in passing... that's the first problem.
    Invest in company, your 25% growth rate and not reinvesting some back in stifles desires for more growth.
    your expecting more with the same equipment you started the company with.... not sure you realize it... technology has improved in last 30+ yrs.
    Quit blaming those that try, start reacting to cries for help!!.... come out and ask... you may break a sweat coming and meeting us.. but it maybe worth you having a better bonus next year to fix your problems if you know what they really are.

That's why you're here right???

An Igloo-ish Nightmare

Forklift (Former Employee) Katy, TX

ProsHahaha ! I honestly cannot think of one good thing to write about that facility.

ConsI Recently moved to Texas because my wife received a promotion through her job. Before moving I applied to numerous jobs ... Igloo was one of the first to answer back. After 4hrs of working in the warehouse, I understood why. They must have a tremendous turn-over due to the fact that it's basically a living nightmare.

Now I've worked in warehouses for a good portion of my life (one for close to 13 years), and I have to say, that I've never seen anything quite like this before. Anyway, to make a long story short, I handed in my badge and walked out the 2nd day (and let me tell you, I have the patience of a saint)

FACT: I'd sooner work the window at a greasy, fast-food restaurant dealing with drunk, belligerent 20-something's during the Midnight shift then step foot in that place again.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together, fellas

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great product and great company. personnel could use improvement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosoverall great place to work. Great products, love the culture and environment. Very conservative business, stable workplace.

Conscaliber of people could use some improvement. infrastructure and management systems needs improvement. Need to update their HR and culture to 21 century.

Advice to Senior Managementgreat job, but could use a refresher.

If you have other options, stay away

Manager (Current Employee) Katy, TX

Prosproximity if you live in Katy or nearby.
    the very good reviews on here, are written by HR to promote the place due to the large turnover.

Consincompetent managers. exec staff are short visioned. their main goal is to make their money and cash out. They continue to hire and promote incompetent people because of previous relationships. back stabbing is all over in this company. there is no accountability when mistakes happen. no one gets fired for any mistakes. no ownership. most talented people had left the company due to the bad working environment. if you have skills, kiss them goodbye. HR is a JOKE!

Advice to Senior Managementset the stage for a long term vision, stop harassing your people.
    Advice to investors, dive deep.

I have had an overall positive experience, but this is not true for everyone.

Preventive Maintenance (Current Employee) Katy, TX

ProsThe pay is fair, and the ability to move up in the company is there.

ConsThe company is stuck in the 80's. I would like to see them move forward in safety, recognition of employees that do a good job, and less employee turnover. All employees are allowed to "repair" the machinery, but only maintenance is held accountable. Managers need to be told what they are accountable for before the fact, not after.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart believing what you say, safety matters, the people matter. They really do, but right now, it's just lip service.

Igloo Products Corp is AWESOME! #1 cooler company in the world and proud to say, American made!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Katy, TX

ProsLocated in Houston suburb, Katy, TX - economy is doing well and cost of living is low
    Great Benefits! Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance + Matching 401k
    Great company culture - Employees have can-do attitudes, are very hard working, and love the products they make

ConsThis company does a great job on trying to please everyone, which is a huge undertaking. When suggestions are made, action is taken quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you're doing. Looking forward to what the future holds here at Igloo.

Unprofessional,Uneducated,Ignorant Management & HR if I could rate Igloo -10 I would.

Supervisor (Former Employee) Katy, TX

ProsHow can anyone write Pros in this section, when everything about Igloo's HR & Management is Negative!!!!!!! If you want to work for a Good Cooler company work for Newell Rubbermaid, Nothing better that a Rubbermaid, Nothing worse than a Melting Igloo!!!!

ConsWhere does one start when asked what the cons with Igloo Coolers Human Resources Staff & the Management Dummies" Well it begins with the Interview & the and an offer, with out ever seeing the factory. This should be the first Inclination, "dat somtin wong" here. But people fall for the Igloo name. Then they get sucked in, without ever knowing that they are heading toward the perfect storm in their Career. False & mis representation as to how well they portray the company is to work for. Well I'm here to tell you first hand of the Igloo perfect storm" meaning" Management tells you, that you have to Learn & understand the way Igloo "ruins" their own business. You learn very quickly when the Floor Management has no clue what their doing, but have the Ignorance to send emails to the entire facility how screwed up the floor is. I've been taught to Manage up & treat employees with Respect & Dignity, it goes far better than orders, & demands. Well that's the Igloo way. You hear that all the time. I guess Igloo's Management think their the only company that knows how to make Quality Products. "Quality" what's that? words someone read in a book. Experience, Knowledge, Education, & Training, are other words that fly around, but truly have no meaning with HR, & Management in Igloo. The only words that they really know well" a re Threats, & Intimidation. SO IN SHORT" TO ANY NEW APPLICANTS LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT STAY FAR AWAY THE RATH OF IGLOO COOLERS.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advise, to the Investors is open your Eye's & Ear's close the pockets of your current HR, & Management Group. There's a project that has resulted in a $116.489 dollar lose due to poor Management decision. Heads should roll for this. But if you choose & want your dollars thrown out the window, keep your current Management & HR.

Fun products, not a fun place to work

Administrative (Current Employee)

ProsSome great coworkers.. Both tenured and new
    Fun and innovative products
    Great commute for Katy area residents

ConsChaotic and disorganized
    No incentives for majority of employees
    Very low morale at present
    Disengaged, cold management

Advice to Senior ManagementYour greatest asset? Your people! Someone needs to wake up and smell the obvious.. Take care of your employees who take care if your customers. It's depressing to see so many unhappy employees at a company that was once a proud and happy family.

Career mistake - rectified as soon as I could

Assistant (Former Employee) Katy, TX

ProsShort commute for Katy and West Houston residents, also against the traffic commute. Business casual dress code and environment, all day every day.

ConsVery poor benefits and paid time off as compared to corporate. 30 days wait period for medical benefits. 401 k has a 6 month wait period. The old-timers consist of 2 kinds - either the ones who get the fat bonus or the ones who lack the drive to find something better. Terrible cafeteria with unhealthy food choices - oh and it closes at 1 pm so if you worked thru lunch, you've had it.

Worked for Igloo Products? Contribute to the Community!