Igov

Igov Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pat Neven

iGov is a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsIGov has a great team that is very interested in collaborating on projects to accomplish organizational goals. The company has a good mix of VAR Sales and DoD contracts; heavier on the VAR side. They have a competitive benefits package and some good incentive programs for the line workers. For the most part the leadership is hands off with only a few exceptions. Their overall business approach is improving.

ConsThe organization seems to be adversely affected by contract losses due to current size. They have not yet built a buffer to weather hard times. It seems that during the good times the organization should have gone after more business to balance out potential contract losses. In the DoD environment losing a contract is a way of life, it shouldn't throw the company into a tailspin when it happens.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the company’s reserves to weather contract losses. Build business and get contracts while business is good, not just after a catastrophic event. Losing a contract is a way of life, in DoD contracting, it shouldn't throw the company into a tailspin when it happens. It is a better problem to have too much work than not enough. Trust in the crew, they will step up when needed.

Your loyalty to this company is NOT their concern.

Production Technician (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat hours.. I can not say that at this moment there is nothing much better about this company.

ConsToo much inner office politics. Who you know gets you a job not your skills. I was a loyal employee with excellent reviews and no disciplinary. I was laid off due to another contract issue with this company, but PROMISED a job back with it was reopened. In recent events, I was advised that all former employees including those hired after me with less experience, were called back in and given immediate offers. I maintained contact with the company for over 2 years and was NEVER even called to let me know an opening came back up. I asked for a formal response with a reason why and still have not been provided with one. The companies is built on lies and who you know will get you a job. Don't bother even submitting an application because unless you know someone you will not get a call back.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou cut corners and choose friends of friends for hire, when in fact loyal former employees still are starving off unemployment watching you rehire former employees with less experience and seniority. I was promised a call back when my position reopened but in fact was given the run around for over 6 months and watched all of those, including those with less experience and seniority, be rehired.

Great company to work for, very supportive toward family issues

Program Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

Prosgreat management team, good working conditions, challenging work

ConsNot enough contracts to allow job advancement

Advice to Senior Managementneed additional contracts

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Small company with big company dreams- simultaneously.

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsA small, nimble company, there are people who are on-board who truly want to make a difference in the industry.

ConsThe strategy for the company in general is a moving target- about every 6 months it would veer wildly from the point it had started.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a strategy and stick with it- not only will operations be more smooth, but it gives your employees a chance to react, shift, and then grow into the new direction. Constant change does not allow for any growth.

Worked for Igov? Contribute to the Community!