Igov

3.2

Pat Neven

Wonderful environment

I worked at Igov

Pros

-Down to earth management
    -Exceptional learning environment
    -Quality organization from bottom to top
    -Great work life balance
    -Everyone wants you to succeed

Cons

I can't think of any cons that would need to be considered before accepting a job offer from this campany

Keep up the great work!

Your loyalty to this company is NOT their concern.

Former Employee - Production Technician in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Production Technician in Tampa, FL

I worked at Igov full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great hours.. I can not say that at this moment there is nothing much better about this company.

Cons

Too much inner office politics. Who you know gets you a job not your skills. I was a loyal employee with excellent reviews and no disciplinary. I was laid off due to another contract issue with this company, but PROMISED a job back with it was reopened. In recent events, I was advised that all former employees including those hired after me with less experience, were called back in and given immediate offers. I maintained contact with the company for over 2 years and was NEVER even called to let me know an opening came back up. I asked for a formal response with a reason why and still have not been provided with one. The companies is built on lies and who you know will get you a job. Don't bother even submitting an application because unless you know someone you will not get a call back.

You cut corners and choose friends of friends for hire, when in fact loyal former employees still are starving off unemployment watching you rehire former employees with less experience and seniority. I was promised a call back when my position reopened but in fact was given the run around for over 6 months and watched all of those, including those with less experience and seniority, be rehired.

iGov is a good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Igov full-time (more than an year)

Pros

IGov has a great team that is very interested in collaborating on projects to accomplish organizational goals. The company has a good mix of VAR Sales and DoD contracts; heavier on the VAR side. They have a competitive benefits package and some good incentive programs for the line workers. For the most part the leadership is hands off with only a few exceptions. Their overall business approach is improving.

Cons

The organization seems to be adversely affected by contract losses due to current size. They have not yet built a buffer to weather hard times. It seems that during the good times the organization should have gone after more business to balance out potential contract losses. In the DoD environment losing a contract is a way of life, it shouldn't throw the company into a tailspin when it happens.

Invest in the company’s reserves to weather contract losses. Build business and get contracts while business is good, not just after a catastrophic event. Losing a contract is a way of life, in DoD contracting, it shouldn't throw the company into a tailspin when it happens. It is a better problem to have too much work than not enough. Trust in the crew, they will step up when needed.

Great company to work for, very supportive toward family issues

Current Employee - Program Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Igov

Pros

great management team, good working conditions, challenging work

Cons

Not enough contracts to allow job advancement

need additional contracts

Small company with big company dreams- simultaneously.

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at Igov

Pros

A small, nimble company, there are people who are on-board who truly want to make a difference in the industry.

Cons

The strategy for the company in general is a moving target- about every 6 months it would veer wildly from the point it had started.

Pick a strategy and stick with it- not only will operations be more smooth, but it gives your employees a chance to react, shift, and then grow into the new direction. Constant change does not allow for any growth.