Ihda

Ihda Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Management but a lot unnecessary drama

ProsBenefits are awesome, can choose flex schedule

Consco-workers who have been there a long time, when governor switches a lot about company does as well

Manager

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsBenefits and time off package is great. Quickly accrue time. 15 days within 3 years compared to various other government employers.

ConsCliquish. If you're not in the click. You're likely not going to move up. Folks here are veterans at their jobs so they don't move around a lot. Promotional practices are questionable. Lots of "appointments" to promotions. Various older staff get moved to "the farm" for displaced/incompetent workers. For these reason's upward mobility is challenging. The HR department has no will to do their jobs competently. So if you have a run in with an employee or boss, good luck getting HR to deal with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak up your clique

if you're young- consider other options

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAs a temp employee they are pretty laid back with time off, I've also heard this among perm employees. In my department there was no micro-managing or babying, they are good about letting you handle your work load. The people are also very nice.

ConsThis may just be telling of the department but the processes and in-efficiency of this place is insurmountable. Granted, I am aware this is a (quazi) government job but some of the processes are so out dated it takes a year or longer for just one assignment to be completed. There is a lot of laziness, bad communication and a strong stand on how this is the way it's always been done and will continue that way no matter what.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your younger employees. They are post graduate and may have some good experience with processes from past employers that are not being heard by lower level management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mediocre experience

Loan Portfolio Analyst II (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey provided a lot of freedom to manage your work schedule, great benefits

ConsHard to receive promotions or raises, generally poor management and lack of leadership

A lot of work and not enough employees

Department Assistant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFlexible scheduling and great benefits.

ConsOpportunities for advancement is slim to none.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot sure how to delegate time management.

Nice, flexible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIt is a friendly atmosphere that is very flexible to work for. Great Medical Benefits.

ConsNo advancement opportunities since people tend to never leave.

Great culture and people

Intern (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe people I work for truly care for what I do. They go out of their own ways to educate us on various topics that relate to IHDA.

ConsThe work can get repetitive sometimes, but besides that there are no complaints.

Very little impact or inspiration behind any of the programs, feeling of being a part of something very broken.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsName recognition, good benefits, low expectations.

ConsNot challenging, not creative, not proactive, mostly not meaningful, cynical.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow can you be a force for change and not just a rigid bureaucracy?

Potential to be betterm but lacking leadership

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros- Great benefits
    - Generous time off; flexibility in requesting your absences
    - Ability to make great industry connections through the network

Cons- Way underpaid for the industry
    - Leadership provides no mentorship
    - Employees have very little advocacy on their behalf
    - Little to no opprotunities for career growth

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to provide some mentorship for the employees. Be open to new ideas and do not undermine the experience and knowledge of the staff.

Great, easy summer internship

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood pay (at least as far as internships go)
    Understanding about taking time off
    Laid back atmosphere
    Good, friendly people

ConsNone really, at least if it's temporary. I'm not sure I'd want to work here forever, because it's not the field I want to be in (quasi-government job) but it's fun for now.

Advice to Senior ManagementI honestly don't feel qualified to give them advice; I've only been here for 3 weeks of an internship. But it seems like the current mgmt is cleaning up the mess left by the old guard, and that they're doing a good job of it.

Worked for Ihda? Contribute to the Community!