Illinois Central College

Updated August 23, 2014
Updated August 23, 2014
4.3

CEO

As a long time employee of ICC I have to rate ICC as an excellent place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL

I have been working at Illinois Central College full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, work hours, time off policies, pay, family-like atmosphere, improving employee evaluation process,

Cons

Cronyism/nepotism exists, some inflexible terms of employment in some job positions, overly obsessed with liability

I am going to nit pick here because overall ICC is an amazing place to work. In some job positions outside/extra employment is not permitted, please reconsider this rule - it does create problems when overtime is restricted and employees need extra income to make ends meet. Continue to improve recruitment of qualified candidates for all job positions, and seek to reduce the ongoing problem of nepotism. I also understand and respect the need to control liability exposure, however when that process begins to damage the family-like feel of the work environment it may be going to far.

Good atmosphere and pay is pretty good.

I have been working at Illinois Central College

Pros

Pay and people you work with

Cons

Part time forever. They hardly ever hire full time I have been there almost 3 years waiting for full time.

A wonderful school to teach at...

Current Employee - Instructor in East Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Instructor in East Peoria, IL

I have been working at Illinois Central College part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Overall, ICC is very good to their adjunct faculty. I have been with them for 23 years, and have thoroughly enjoyed the faculty, students, atmosphere. Comparatively, I believe that we are in a higher pay range than many adjunct faculty. We are also included in numerous meeting, committees, and projects--not mandatory, but invited. Also, they recently paid for an online training program for me.

Cons

Many of us are about to experience cutbacks in our teaching assignments, due to changes in state laws. So, I am looking for additional work in online education.