Illuminations Reviews

4.4

Paulette Sun Davis

My experience at Illuminations provided me the opportunity to understand the responsibilities as a supervisor.

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Illuminations part-time for more than a year

Pros

The environment was aesthetically amazing and my co workers were exciting to work with. The constant change of the product with the seasons made the position fulfilling.

Cons

Being that the company was small the opportunities to succeed and move up in the company where minimal.

A wonderful and fun place to work and have my child attend.

Current Employee - Substitute  in  Wasilla, AK
    Current Employee - Substitute in Wasilla, AK

I have been working at Illuminations

Pros

As a substitute I can bring my son free of charge when I am called in and If I were full-time I'd get a discount on childcare. They make working there and children attending have fun. They have Wacky Wednesdays to get you though the week having fun. We have regualr park trips in the summer and constant art and other activities to get kids involved. The staff and management are awesome and work as not only a team but a family in some aspects. The kids love us. I really enjoy it and trust in them to care for my son even if I didn't work there. :)

Cons

Sometimes you get breaks really early such as an hour or so into your shift leaving you still with 7hours to work. They offer short 5minuter breaks if needed but it'd be nicer not to have such early breaks. I clean that place so wonderfully and it gets so messy within hours again. but it's a daycare you don't have much of a choice. They are constantly changing around people's schedules of the times they work and also the rooms they work in. I think they try to be fair but it can be a pain too.

If childcare places offered more money in this field more people would be willing to work longer than a year. It's just a lot to deal with so many kids and so much going on for minimum wage to 8ish dolars and hour starting pay of 9 would b wonderful I'd like 10. lol

Loved it, until Yankee Candle came along

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Illuminations

Pros

They were a great company to work for that offered unique products.

Cons

Yankee Candle ruined it for everyone, employees obviously and customers.

My district manager was awesome and so was the CEO of the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Illuminations was a great place to work and I am proud to have been a contributing senior exec with the company

I worked at Illuminations

Pros

Overall great place to work. Close knit company with a family like feel. We worked closely together to drive results and create a near ideal corporate culture.

Cons

Resource constraints and the flat corporate structure made large scale initiatives difficult to drive to completion without giving up on work/life balance.

Smaller square foot stores in high traffic A malls is the ideal store format for the company and brand. Migrate the store fleet to the more productive small store format to drive increases in profitability.

Worked for Illuminations? Contribute to the Community!