Image Microsystems Reviews

1.7

Alex Abadi

Anonymous Co-worker of Image Microsystems

I have been working at Image Microsystems

Pros

Works with the disabled people (mainly deaf). Come to work when you feel like it which can also be a con but something has to positive about this place at least as you will see why soon. Good hard working co-workers and company gives people with background issues a chance.

Cons

Doesn't follow up on procedures and work instructions. Business changes way too fast and not for good reasons either. Due to slow and relaxed work environment workers become lazy, no mid-range managers to enforce rules and acted as a buffer between the workers and the higher management. Turnover ratio is just crazy! No reviews each year and no raises. They don't do write-ups and warnings, hang yourself type of business. People has abandon this company due to questionable future and opportunities. Horrible communication and I and acted as a buffer between the workers and the higher management. Turnover ratio is just crazy! No reviews each year and no raises. They don't do write-ups and warnings, hang yourself type of business. People has abandon this company due to questionable future and opportunities. Horrible communication and can't state that enough. You have to buy and bring in your own tools and software at times to do certain jobs that this company didn't provide but they made sure that once you brought in your own stuff that you couldn't bring it back out.

This company had great potential. If this company had a long-term goal this company could of been a huge money maker a few years ago up to now but we settled with mediocrity. I don't know what else to say other than work on what was said in the Cons. I don't think this business is as horrible as it seems but it has a lot of issues that causing this company to crash into the ground.

Don't set yourself up to fail!

Current Employee - Production Worker  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Austin, TX

I have been working at Image Microsystems full-time for less than a year

Pros

It all SOUNDS great. The only good is the bond everyone working for these people share while hoping the temp. service people call them for another job.

Cons

The owner and his wife make promises over and over and never commit to them. They lie to their employees as well as their customers. No room to really have a fair shot at working to your best ability because they are hoarders in the worst way. They keep everything and hardly sale anything because they are so greedy.

They fired the only managers who knew what they were doing.

Terrible Experience- Owner lies and male alot of promises that never come true

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Image Microsystems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees are nice to work with- everyone works hard but gets nothing to show for it-

Cons

Owner makes alot of promises- but they never are followed up with- they will tell you what you want to hear for the minute- but things will change 2 seconds later. If you are related to the owners you have a job for life- if not- beware- Should have known something was up when over half the employees quit in 60 days or less of me working there- The people who work the hardest are the lowest paid employees- upper management doesn't do anything and get paid very well

Tell the truth to your employees- Don't make promises you will not keep- Quit hiring 4-5 people to do a one person job- Quit hiring spreadsheet employees- technical advisers who know nothing about the business and let go the people who do know the business and can make you money

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You get what you Pay for

Former Employee - Like A Boss  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Like A Boss in Austin, TX

I worked at Image Microsystems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learning Sign Language to speak with the Deaf (TSD) local students, Learning E-Commerce and trade skills, Above all Computer knowledge that I did not know before employment

Cons

A serious lack in management of workflow, unsafe work environment, does not meet the qualifications of OSHA and ISO as announced. No regards for achievements or sales goals to each dept. No reviews or supervision on employees makes for employees laziness, and the ones who take on the responsibility for these missing positions do not get pay for them. No raises or compensation, if anything you will be deducted of pay. No regards for procedures or keeping up with the documentation. Replacement of missing employees (fired or quit) does not happen. If the team of employees who have been there more than 6 months were not managing the workflow, this company would crumble.

You will get only what you give, Invest in internal evaluation and restore what was once good.

Challenging

Former Employee - Depot Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Depot Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Image Microsystems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small company and your wear many hats

Cons

Small company, CEO never follows through on promises.

Let your managers do their job

A bad company to work for, but a good place to honing computer troubleshooting and repair skill

Current Employee - ComputerRepair Technician  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - ComputerRepair Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at Image Microsystems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good co-workers, good place to work, relax environment

Cons

No benefit, no raise, no chance of advancement, bad management.

Invest in your employees. Invest in parts. Turn on your AC.

Company does not care about anybody

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Image Microsystems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Got very good experience, Kept up to date with computers (on our own of course)

Cons

No employee reviews, no raises, no bonuses, no advancement, no parts, no communication, no plans, and no air conditioner. . . .But management is treated like royalty.
    There are no safety regulations, they do not follow OSHA, they hide everything when visitors come in, and pile it all back up when they leave.
    Upper management doesn't even know what's going on. All accounts are frozen, cannot even buy supplies or parts for repair.

Nobody is on the same page, absolutely no communication. Management just hides up front and never lets anybody know how the company or teams are doing or even how they want things done. Very bad company to work for.

Bad Place to work. Unethical.

Former Employee - Repair Tech  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Repair Tech in Austin, TX

I worked at Image Microsystems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a job that pays some of the bills

Cons

The warehouse shares air conditioning with the front office. When the front office leaves at 4 or 5, the air is shut off. This is the hottest time of the day, especially in mid summer in texas. Alot of us work til 7:30. If we work weekends, the air is off. Some of the repair techs have been given the opportunity to work at a competitor for at a higher wage. The management sends out an email saying that we owe them loyalty to the company. After we leave, we receive a letter saying that they will sue us because we left and we are to NEVER for any competitors because of some confidentiality contract that we had to sign when we first were hired. They say the contact is "indefinite". So they are saying that we can NEVER work as a computer tech for any competitor even if they are offering better wages and a better workplace? Basically we are stuck there unless we want to work. The company is awful! The contract we signed is not valid anyways. They do not give raises. Don't expect any performance reviews. They buy defective parts and try to make them work. Often just wasting the techs time. I am glad I left, before it got too bad. Although it was pretty bad when I was there. I would not recommend with a good conscience to anyone to apply to work there.

Buy good parts for repair. Pay your employees what the market demands. Quit threatening people of lawsuits just because they want to better their lives. Run the AC until everyone leaves the work area.

Image Microsystem-The Crusher of Dreams and All Hope.

Current Employee - Laptop Technician  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Laptop Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at Image Microsystems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Other experienced team members are usually very helpful. Many times you will learn a new thing or two about computer and how to repair them. As said in the previous reviews, the company seems to go out of the way to hire the hearing impaired (although I secretly believe it is mainly for tax purposes and a personal pet project for the owner's wife).

Cons

Management is horrendous. Most workers cannot tell you the upper manager's names and their roles in the company. Even after working for over 2 yrs, management do not know who the key players are in the warehouse. Raises are almost never, but upper management flaunts their expensive cars (Porsche and Maseratis) Changes are often implemented by management in hopes the employees will magically absorb the change through osmosis. Communication is almost nil. Parts are hard to come by. We often have to make do with sub par parts by try to" pretty them up". We have unrealistic goals set on production. Management is always demanding higher productivity, but provide little means to achieve goals. Personal life is non-existent. Often we do not know if overtime will be required for the weekend until Friday afternoon.

Buy parts!!!!!! The talk is we are dangerously close to losing contracts because we cannot repair laptops in a timely manner. Invest in an IT team. Shouldn't a computer repair company have at least an IT team to make sure we have the proper tools to run efficiently?

Friendly People, Jobs don't last long, low pay

I have been working at Image Microsystems full-time for more than a year

Pros

a great place to learn how to repair laptops. they offer training and once you learn that you can work anywhere that fixes laptops... it gave me direction in life. they have a program that gives work to deaf people and also people with disabilites and that helps them alot. the company also recycles stuff, which is good for the environment

Cons

most of us get $10 an hour and every week someone is fired or quit. they usually hire temps from an agency for the warehouse, but the staff is now down to only 5 people or so. It looks like the company is closing soon. the laptop repair staff can't get the right parts and its because the company owes too much money to the suppliors. I heard that only the owner and a couple others make good money here while our depot works hard on the laptop line trying to fix as many units as we can. and there is very bad communication..the worst I've ever seen. always a mess, finding anything takes a long time.

increase pay and get the right parts for the laptop depot

Worked for Image Microsystems? Contribute to the Community!