Image Solutions

overall great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Image Solutions

Pros

enjoyable job. especially for someone who enjoys working with electronics

Cons

not always the way it might seem

Disappointed.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I worked at Image Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best part of working there was it was a home-based opportunity. Some of my co-workers were great.

Cons

I left a solid job to go to ISI but I believe upper management already had plans to outsource the department. I only worked there a very short time before lay-offs were implemented and the position I was hired for was outsourced to China.

I recommend not filling positions with full-time personnel unless you foresee that job being there for at least a few years.

Too big to be run as a mom and pop shop

I have been working at Image Solutions

Pros

telecommuting; scheduling flexiblily; smart people;

Cons

low compensation; lack of career development; lack of communication; lack of diversity; lack of accountability for poor management.

Be visible when in the office. Formalise policies to avoid the appearance of favoritism - intiate multisource review process. Have more respect for the soft skills. Compensate high potential employees at every level to retain them.

Nice small company

Former Employee - Document Specialist in Whippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Document Specialist in Whippany, NJ

I worked at Image Solutions

Pros

Image Solutions likes to promote from within the company. Management is extremely supportive of employees both professionally and personally. I've worked at 2 different companies now that like to give you the company line "We're like a big family!" and it always ends up being a bunch of B.S., but Image Solutions really truly treats each other like family, from the CEO down to summer interns. One year the company was going through financial problems and the CEO cut his and senior management's salaries as opposed to laying people off or cutting benefits.

Cons

During busy seasons there is way too much overtime. There is always an army of temps that come and go.

In some departments, there needs to be a much better work/life balance.

Current Employee - Engineer in Whippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Engineer in Whippany, NJ

I have been working at Image Solutions

Pros

The founder of the company still owns the business and treats ISI like a family. The senior management is very accessible and always interested in what employees have to say.

Cons

Sometimes Jinsoo is too nice and doesn't get rid of people soon enough who clearly aren't right for their positions. Also, there are three hundred employees and only 4 senior managers. They seem overwhelmed at times and should probably promote up some people to help them.

Don't panic during tough quarters. Everyone would be happier if senior management would convey a sense of confidence at all times. Also, no more huge re-orgs if they can be avoided.

A good place to work if you can establish your value.

I have been working at Image Solutions

Pros

ISI maintains its family business feel by listening to its employees and making them feel like a team. ISI really cares about people and the organization, and shows it by continuing to donate 10% of profits to charity.

Cons

The same family business feel that makes ISI a great place to work (and I do think that the company has great potential) is sometimes difficult for new employees, especially to establish themselves. There are some areas where middle management has established more credibility than their superiors.

Take a look at middle managers who have established themselves. Don't be afraid to change up the old guard with some fresh faces.

Great Company- if you are in the right department!

Current Employee - Software Developer in Whippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Whippany, NJ

I have been working at Image Solutions

Pros

Friendly co-workers, non-competitive environment. Company gives 10% of profits to charitable organizations.

Cons

Favoritism. Some departments are allowed to work from home, some are not. No reason given, except that management does not think it's appropriate.

More town hall meetings needed!

A good place to start

I worked at Image Solutions

Pros

Family Environment, Company gives back to the community, the leadership has a good sense of where they want to company to go

Cons

Not a lot of diversity in terms of ethnicity and culture, sometimes can have a little too much influence from the Korean community

Overall, it's a just one of publishing software/service vendor with low compensation to employees

I have been working at Image Solutions

Pros

good chance to look over Regulaotry operation services industry

Cons

low compensation and unskilled management from sr. management team

need to have an expert on management in the sr. management team.... none of the sr. management have experience high level management other place than ISI