Image Technical Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Robert Brook

Good company, good people, and on the cutting edge in technology.

Web Developer (Current Employee) Winter Garden, FL

ProsAs one of the software developers and being here for about a year, I can say that everyone on this team is really a joy to work with, including the manager of the development department. The lead web developer and department manager both really know their stuff so there's never a feeling of frustration with technical decisions as can happen in some work places.

I have yet to see any evidence of in-office politics which is very refreshing. There aren't any prima donna types here so the team "gel's" pretty nicely.

The products and services that are built use the latest in the .NET (ASP.NET) technologies which makes it very fun to work with since we're not working with any out-dated technologies. The ALM approach is of an "Agile" type but it's not in the dogmatic or marketing way. It's what works for us which speaks to the practicality of the manager (in my opinion).

The job does demand performance since this is a small company with some of the limits that small companies face, which include efficiency of time and money.

Overall, a positive experience and a place I would recommend.

ConsIf I were to pick out a con, for me it would be lack of an option to work remotely. While I definitely can appreciate the benefits of working in-person with the team, I still prefer working remotely with an occasional in-office visit or team outing. I've seen that happen successfully but it takes a commitment from the company to allow for that type of culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis piece of advice is probably going to reveal who left this review, but what the heck...

We need to switch our ORM to Entity-Framework. 1998 called and they want their hand-crafted SQL back (I'm totally kidding here). :-)

In all seriousness, I have no advice to give.

I have only been with Image for a short time but feel like I have been here forever; the support has been great.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Winter Garden, FL

ProsBeing a small company, lends to being primarily hired for a specific job function, but with the flexibility of being asked to do so much more. Image takes pride in utilizing their resources in creative ways to meet new business demands as they arise which makes it a very exciting workplace.

ConsBeing a small company, Senior Management is very close to day to day operations which can be stressful for some individuals. On the other hand, leadership is knowing when to follow and when to lead. I have found that at Image that based on results people are given more opportunities to lead than not.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to play to your people's strengths and interests, celebrating the small wins along the way and hiring great people to do what you need...then your team will continue to be stronger and better as business needs dictate.

On the right path!

Manager (Current Employee) Winter Garden, FL

ProsGreat people with a great product offering.

ConsSenior management and HR had some issues early on in properly vetting new employee prospects which caused some staff turnover. They now seem to be improving their hiring practices and vetting potential prospects much better, which provides a welcome synergy between staff and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue focusing on better hiring practices so as to avoid bringing in weak employees or contractors who, through their own inadequacies, only serve to weaken the strength of the good employees we have in place. As this process has continued to improve, the results have been self evident.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Software Developer (Current Employee) Winter Garden, FL

ProsFun creative environment. Good benefits and flexible schedule. People are competent, friendly, and talented. The creative and development teams have less than 10% turnover rate. Facilities are amazing access to the parking lot is secure and very nice offices and larger than usual cubicle space. You get to work with cutting edge technology on the software side as well as on the technical production side. State of the art green screen recording studios, and some pretty awesome 3D Gaming technology.

ConsI've been working here for a while and I can't really speak to any cons... so far it has been a great place to work at.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstall a workout area inside the facility.

Yeesh.

Coordinator (Former Employee) Winter Garden, FL

ProsLovely staff, all hard working and good people.

ConsRandy! I left after two weeks on the job because I could no longer stand to see him verbally abuse and humiliate my co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPointless.

NOT a company you want to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Winter Garden, FL

ProsHonestly, the only pro is they did pay me, not a fair wage but their checks never bounced.

ConsManagement is cruel, rude, calling employees names. They yell and scream at employees. I have never worked in a company as horrible as this.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry treating your employees with a little respect, maybe you might be able to keep some employees instead of having like 150% turnover.

Has great potential, but is poorly managed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Winter Garden, FL

ProsI can say that paychecks and benefits were average for the industry. Paychecks always came on time and cleared. Benefits are offered, although getting vacation time is difficult. The facilities are nice and they offer personal workspace (cubicles / office) and a work phone and work computer.

ConsThis is a very small company and is run solely by one person. There is no real management structure. Positive reinforcement and motivation is non-existant. They claim that they've never had to lay anyone off, but this is because they disguise layoffs as firings due to something the employee did. There are no write-ups or warnings of any kind. Employees are regularly fired without any notice whatsoever. Employee turnover is unbelievable. The vast majority of new hires leave within a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing in business for a long time does not make a successful company. Success should be measured by the level of employee satisfaction. My advice to management is to read books on how to be an affective leader. Motivation and a positive working environment is essential to keeping valuable employees. Learn basic people skills and live by them in order to improve morale throughout the company. Trust your employees to carry out their duties and allow them to learn from their own mistakes. You will see that Image could come back from it's downward spiral with just a little change from the top.

A good solid place to work

(Current Employee) Winter Garden, FL

ProsI’m very happy working here at Image. Image is a solid and strong company. They have planned for times when business is down. They made sure there is capital to pull from when it is needed to get through so people don’t lose their job. That doesn’t happen overnight. It takes smart and caring Management to run the company so that there is capital saved for the rainy days. This is not the norm, just ask all the people we know that have been laid off. They may not give out employee of the month awards or have staff appreciation month, but my check always clear the bank and I don’t worry when business is down that I will lose my job. What I have found is that if you are hard working, honest, drama free and a team player who genuinely cares about doing a good job, then you will do great here at Image. Every company isn’t a fit for every person. This company is definitely not a place for people who don’t pull their own weight or not willing to go the extra mile. We have a great staff here. We all work hard, do our part and are willing to lend a helping hand to our co-workers. If you are the kind of person who says that’s not in my job description, you really won’t do well here. This is a small company and we all work well together and have each other’s back. We show each other respect. There is a lot of amazing, talented, wonderful people working here. There is a water cooler, but no one is standing around it gabbing, we are too busy working. It is a place full of professionals and that says a lot about management.

ConsThis industry is a difficult one. It is similar to show business. Sometimes it is hard to take time off. We don't always get a lot of advance notice when we have a show, especially recently. This isn't Image's fault. We are slaves to the client. What happens is that sometimes we have to cancel our plans to accommodate the client. One thing I have to add is that it isn't just the staff that has had to do this. The upper management has cancelled vacations that were paid for in advance because an important project popped up. It sucks, but it is the nature of this business.

great Staff , POOR senior managment

Lighting Designer (Former Employee) Winter Garden, FL

ProsGood, clean Gear, staff while usually unhappy with management are reliable and friendly and knowledgeable. pay checks always cleared and benefits where decent.

Conssenior management never listens to staff . managers laugh at ideas than claims the ideas themselves, information never moves to the people that need it. never any positive comments only negative ones. no happy former employees.... the only way to advance to a new position is to threaten to leave....

Advice to Senior Managementtreat the people with respect. if you hire people to do a job let them do that job they might know what they are doing! understand people make mistakes but can learn from them. dont complain about negativity from staff when management is the SOLE cause...

This company has AMAZING employees...Horrible company to work for :(

ProsOpportunity to spread your wings and work in various service sectors.

ConsThis job is for those who enjoy working 24/7 with no return appreciation or respect. I came into this company with the highest of hopes, best dreams of my future, and so many ideas for how to grow this "small business". Well, in no time, my hopes were stomped on, my dreams were crushed, and my ideas were laughed at and then stolen. This company has SO much going for them...they have a steady commitment with government contracts, employees who truly want to succeed...but there is a cut off point with every position, salary, and opportunity for everyone who works here.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees have feelings and lives outside of Image that should be respected...not questioned or criticized. Please respect them, approve time off requests without threats, allow employees to leave early when business is slow because we all know, when things pick up there is no question whether or not employees should stay until work is done. Your employees understand this, so please have the same respect and understanding towards them.

Worked for Image Technical Services? Contribute to the Community!