ImageSource

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Terry Sutherland

Working for a smaller company can bring large rewards that are greater than financial gain!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Olympia, WA

ProsCompany culture is the main reason I chose to work for this company over the other higher salary/commission/bonus jobs I was offered at the same time. The ImageSource employees and team work is such a pleasure to work with each day. Internal communication and comradrey within between teams is what really makes this small company successful. Everyone is willing to listen and learn, especially with the growth in business we have been experiencing over the last year. The company culture also attracts great customers that are loyal and understand the level of industry expertise within the company - so our customers become business partners that are not only concerned about how much something will cost, compared to how effective and efficiently can the work be done. Plus we all laugh alot, especially at ourselves and it is fun to work there. The company holds a celebration event twice a year (fully paid by the company) that brings our national workforce together to bond and celebrate our achievements. It is a great way to get to know staff from other states. This is definitely a key component that enhances our company culture.

ConsNormal challenges of balancing fast growth for the company and keeping our high level of committment to customer service. Everyone right now within the company is working hard so sometimes it can be tough going, but the end results we achieve outweigh some of the longer hours that are expected to complete a project.

Advice to Senior ManagementDue to the increase in workload and growth of the company it would be great to have a monthly recognition of staff achievements sent out to the company that were not only monetary based.

Small town company, with smaller people

Marketing (Former Employee) Olympia, WA

ProsGreat support and development team! There own software (i.e. ILINX) is awesome, but directly competes with other software they sell (ex: EMC). This is problematic for business development and growth.

ConsIts in Olympia, and everyone knows each other. The headquarter office used to be a KFC so its set up really awkwardly. No room for growth because the company doesn't seem to be able to generate enough demand to grow. Absolutely no perks, and employees don't seem to enjoy coming into work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe present and know whats happening in your company. Hire people that are qualified and let go of the ones who are not.

Great Work-to-Life Balance. Low Pay.

ProsThe entire ImageSource team are hard working, talented, and smart people. Great company outings when we have them. Everyone knows each other personally as the HQ is located in Olympia/Tumwater/Lacey. Small town syndrome.

ConsLow pay. Limited resources as the company is experiencing growing pains. PMs and SE's can get paid MUCH higher if they were to go somewhere else. C-level executives are the only ones that benefit.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your team to their full potential. It will help you and the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales centric organization, flexible can-do approaches.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work life balance
    Quality people

ConsMatrix management style
    Lack of direction

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter core competency focus

If you need a job

ProsCould be flexible at times

ConsCrazy CTO finally left the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some people management classes

Worked for ImageSource? Contribute to the Community!