Imagetec

Rich Normann

Great place to work! I learned & grew more than I ever thought

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Imagetec full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great relationship with my manager who was like a mentor to me, competitive environment, and opportunity to learn basic to advanced selling concepts along with management training

Cons

Could have provided more resources for hiring new sales employees, new hire sales training, and a few more incentives.

Stay committed to your people no matter how hard it may seem. It helped me become who I am because someone never lost hope in me.

DON'T BE FOOLED !

I have been working at Imagetec

Pros

Don't be fooled by the past ratings by former disgruntled employees. Imagetec is a great place to work whether you are new to the industry or coming from a competitor. I have been in this industry for many years and worked for several competitors until finally landing at Imagetec. Imagetec supports career minded sales individuals with a fantastic sales environment, and a growth focussed management structure. I have been here for a couples years now and would recommend to anyone who is looking to start or continue their sales career.

Cons

None that I can think of at this point

Continue offering great sales incentives

Highly recommended Sales job!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Imagetec

Pros

Whether you are new to sales or have many years under your belt, Imagetec supports you and will enhance your career. The management is very hands-on and caring about your future. They offer a wonderful work life balance and provide the tools and environment to help you make a TON of money!

Cons

As in every sales environment, turnover is on the high side but mainly because they offer a great stepping stone with the training and support they provide.

Senior Sales Representative - Downtown Chicago

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Imagetec full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at Imagetec in the downtown location and absolutely loved my experience working there. Located right at Lake & LaSalle, the office is right in the middle of the loop. If you are new to sales, they offer great training and really take the time to make you feel comfortable with the role. Management does a fantastic job of not micromanaging while still giving you the support you need to succeed. Base salary is better then most entry level sales jobs. They offer a diverse product line that allows you the flexibility to be competitive when trying to gain business in situations with multiple offers. The office culture is great too, especially in the LOOP office. Mostly young professionals who support each other and like to go out for Happy Hour. This company values a work life balance as the hours are typically 9-5.

Cons

It is really hard for me to think of too many CONS for this company. Sometimes I wished I had the opportunity to come into the office a bit earlier in the morning to prepare for a busier day, but most of the time, people did not get in until 7:30 AM.

Great place to start a sales career and move up into management, room for great self improvement and success.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Imagetec full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good leadership, room for promotions and self improvement, competitive benefits and compensation, diverse products and well known brand names. Leadership has improved over time, providing a more unified goal/vision recently to ensure a more complete product to bring forth to our customers. There is a face to every name, not a corporation, if you make a phone call to anyone, you will get an appropriate response.

Cons

Competitive industry, hard to get succeed from the get-go as in any sales job. Morale in the offices can use the occasional energy boost. Not much inter office unity, could be leveraged to provide internal competition and camaraderie.

Ensure vision/goals are aligned so the organization is all on the same page. Not much inter office unity, could be leveraged to provide internal competition and camaraderie. More competitions and promotions for reps could be utilized to motivate team.

Great Opportunity

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Imagetec full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at Imagetec gave me a solid selling foundation. I appreciated being able to work closely with the managers because it enabled me to learn from some of the best.

Cons

Not much to say here. I really enjoyed my time with the company. If anything, maybe there was some room for improvement when it came to training new hires.

Run, don't walk away!

Former Employee - Sales in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Imagetec full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are none, can't think of one!

Cons

Comp plan a joke, they actively cultivate an atmosphere of fear for your job, absolutely no respect given to employees
    Service is a joke
    Lies are rampant

Start over

Do not work here!!

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Imagetec full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No pros, unless you are desperate and need to get a small paycheck while you look for another job.

Cons

Management does not care about employees. Boiler Room Mentality. Churn and Burn employees.

No advise, because they wouldn't listen.
    They have been running the business the same way for 20 years. As long as the C Level and partners make money, they do not care about anyone else. Why should they change.

Worse Company I ever worked for, I have to get out

I have been working at Imagetec

Pros

There is absolutely nothing good about this company.

Cons

Upper Management is the worst and they are all liars and a crooks. They are only out for his own personal gain, and will stab anyone in the back to do that. The car allowance does not even cover the gas.

Dump all of upper management,and get a heart.. Rebuild based on a solid foundation of sales people, good training and understanding the employees needs.. Give every one an equal chance. You proballly will reduce the turnover and build a solid company, not a fly by night operation.

Pushed out the door

Former Employee - Administration in McHenry, IL
    Former Employee - Administration in McHenry, IL

I worked at Imagetec

Pros

Pay at the time was competitive.

Cons

There was no work/ life balance. Higher management is in it for only themselves. Never trained properly in position, then let go. Was let go illegally- due to the company not wanting to pay while on maternity leave. There is a lot of workplace drama, even if you don't want to get sucked in you will. Better to find a different job. Management doesn't allow themselves to see what is going on underneath them and fix it, they just look the other way while you grovel for your pay.

Care about your employees and really get to the heart of who you have employed in upper management. Make sure they are really taking the time to train the new hires so that they know what is expected of them. Put another policy in place for dismissing someone rather than paper pushing from behind the scenes. The job environment isn't high school! If you don't want a high turnover then research why people are leaving and alleviate those issues. Not the people you hire who are doing their jobs. And last but not least- get a course in being a CEO or manager. Maybe that will tell you how to act towards employees and not play favorites. Benefits are great- but office morale needs to come up- with it the office culture needs to change, as well as making sure there is positive reinforcement for personal growth.