Imagetec

Updated May 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rich Normann

Great place, but not perfect.

ProsEnjoyable people to work with, managers that treat you like an adult, and helpful people within the company to help make your work successful.

ConsHigh turnover for the sales reps and sales management. I've been here for a little while, and it depends on the location, but I can't tell you how many names I've seen come and go from any location.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more appreciation for the successful reps to keep them wanting to stay with the company (financially or otherwise), and come along side new ones to guide and educate to help make them successful. In other words, make Imagetec a place people really want to work for. Right now, the company is not doing so hot in that area.

Worse Company I ever worked for, I have to get out

ProsThere is absolutely nothing good about this company.

ConsUpper Management is the worst and they are all liars and a crooks. They are only out for his own personal gain, and will stab anyone in the back to do that. The car allowance does not even cover the gas.

Advice to Senior ManagementDump all of upper management,and get a heart.. Rebuild based on a solid foundation of sales people, good training and understanding the employees needs.. Give every one an equal chance. You proballly will reduce the turnover and build a solid company, not a fly by night operation.

Pushed out the door

Administration (Former Employee) McHenry, IL

ProsPay at the time was competitive.

ConsThere was no work/ life balance. Higher management is in it for only themselves. Never trained properly in position, then let go. Was let go illegally- due to the company not wanting to pay while on maternity leave. There is a lot of workplace drama, even if you don't want to get sucked in you will. Better to find a different job. Management doesn't allow themselves to see what is going on underneath them and fix it, they just look the other way while you grovel for your pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees and really get to the heart of who you have employed in upper management. Make sure they are really taking the time to train the new hires so that they know what is expected of them. Put another policy in place for dismissing someone rather than paper pushing from behind the scenes. The job environment isn't high school! If you don't want a high turnover then research why people are leaving and alleviate those issues. Not the people you hire who are doing their jobs. And last but not least- get a course in being a CEO or manager. Maybe that will tell you how to act towards employees and not play favorites. Benefits are great- but office morale needs to come up- with it the office culture needs to change, as well as making sure there is positive reinforcement for personal growth.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the company to keep my professional moral standards in check

Service Technician (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsMeeting new people and setting up relationships with repeat customers. Always something new and different each day, and always at somewhere different each day.

ConsToo much driving of personal vehicle, mostly too much bad routing. How company runs their bonus program for call backs is more of a punishment for technician and doesn't help customer, it only creates more service calls due to technicians "rigging" machines to work instead of ordering parts. Too many late nights, very stressful days.

Great place to start a career...and then get out

Account Manager (Former Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsIt's a pure sales environment, 'unlimited earnings potential'

ConsCoworkers, Sales Managers, Support Staff, Office Environment. But we got pizza once and its located close to the RAM Brewery for Thursday nights after work.

Run, this place is horrible!!!!

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsI really can't think of one positive!

ConsDemeaning management, horrible customer service, absolute lack of integrity to customers or employees

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are human beings, I know it's hard, but please try and remember that
    And, whatever you pass to employees (bad attitude, culture of half truths, etc) always get passed to the customer one way or another

Nightmare of a company

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsHired as sales rep. Worked for less than a year. Selling copiers for this company is very dificult. The only pro is that they offer multiple manufactures.

ConsEntire sales staff in all branches turned over during my tenure. Mostly thru termination but even the good sales people left. Sales people are put under mountains of stress to make hundreds of calls per week using the same crm lists that have been called on for years. Asked more times than I could count from companies to take them off of the call list. Even current customers seemed to want to look elsewhere when their contract was up from poor overall service. Didn't seem as though there was a single sales person that I talked to that wasn't looking for a job. If this is your first opportunity at a sales job or if you are a seasoned veteran in this industry, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere, as you will be in the coming months if you accept a position here.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe branch sales managers are changed just as often as the account managers. The owner should look at the upper sales management and make a change there. It would go a long way to keeping people on board and not always scared for thier jobs. It is not a healthy work environment.

Unbelievably Unfair Company, to the point that it is a dictatorship

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) McHenry, IL

ProsNice facilities (Curb Appeal Of Building)

ConsThe curb appeal draws you into a mess. Senior Managers are unbelievably unattached to reality. Goes from the Owner, VP's and Managers. Nepotism runs rampant as well. The decision makers are all related. So you are in trouble from the minute you walk in the door and meet HR. Managers are all just robots spewing the insane that comes from above. Like most companies they only care about making money, which is a good thing, but it is at the expense of the employees. Good people come, make a strong effort to do well, but if you share an opinion, or voice anything that they do not want to hear you are done. Most sensible people with successful previous employment history do not stay here as the environment is very non promotional and very dictatorlike. You just don"t matter here. I have made a point of letting everyone I know not to buy or do business from this organization or its affiliates. Stay Away From This Company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAttend seminars where successful senior managers are doing well and making progress in these difficult times. None of you have any idea. You have the wrong people in the roles they are in. You do not have any positive, creative, successful upper managers.

Recent DEVRY and ITT Technical grads, Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company at the Career Fairs.

Service Technician (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYou will become exceeding well at troubleshooting. For the reason that this company will try to get you to do as many service calls as possible, force you to fix machines you have not been trained on or for that matter have ever seen before. Since there is not much guidance or help from senior techs, you will basically train yourself, so I could not imagine a bigger fire to be thrown into than working here.

ConsThe upper management of this company will straight up lie to your face. Their style of management is not even management, it is straight up scare tactics. They will try to entice you with a future by showing you their so called "Career Path". This is a lie, they do not care for you or your future, all they care about is there bottom line, cheap labor, and not spending a dime. You will be hired for a sub par starting salary. Raises are non existent. You will be paid by monthly, this means 2 pay checks a month. They will switch insurance carriers every year, you will pay a good portion of your salary to insure yourself, and much more to insure a family of 4. Extremely high turnover rates for their part timers, full time techs, sales reps, and even management, I do not need to get into the overall attitude of the employees, read the other reviews for this. Due to this overall attitude shared by all employees, customers actually grow to hate this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop all of the lies. Be straight up to potential employees about what this company actually is, if they except the position after the truth, your turn over rate may actually go down.

Great place to start

OUTSIDE SALES (Former Employee) Lincolnshire, IL

ProsThe management is helpful and it is a great place to start out of college if you are interested in sales. Great sales experience for any one looking to move on to pharmaceutical sales

ConsCons were that there was that the training could be improved at the start so I could have got to start selling developed my pipeline sooner.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove training and the and help to ensure every opportunity is looked into and every possible competitive resource is used to the fullest.

Worked for Imagetec? Contribute to the Community!