Imagetec

Updated August 22, 2014
Updated August 22, 2014
2.7

Rich Normann

Hands Down the WORST professional experience of my lifetime...

I worked at Imagetec

Pros

None. I did like a few of my co-workers. The misery of the place creates a common bond of everyone helping each other try and get out. Unlike some of the other posts I did like a couple of the managers. At the end of the day we were all in the same boat.

Cons

I worked here over a decade ago but after laughing at all the posts realized this place has not changed. I lasted three months and was trying to get out after the first day. For starters I was given unrealistic compensation expectations at the interview. Two weeks into the job i was forced to sign a new employment agreement dropping my monthly salary $500. The pricing on all the equipment you are selling is considerably higher than well known more established blue chip competitors. All of my proposals in front of potential customers were higher priced than competition. The turnover rate is like something you might see in a fast food restaurant. Half of the account managers left when I was there and the remaining were all gone six months after my departure. The only one who remained did so to win a vacation trip based on sales performance only to learn at the end of the year Imagetec would not honor it. Four of the sales managers and the head of sales were gone too. Like I said, all of us were in the same boat.

Invest in your employees and allow them to succeed. Yes some will still leave you but the revolving door needs to end. This is not an easy industry but you have to improve your standards.

Great place, but not perfect.

I have been working at Imagetec full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Enjoyable people to work with, managers that treat you like an adult, and helpful people within the company to help make your work successful.

Cons

High turnover for the sales reps and sales management. I've been here for a little while, and it depends on the location, but I can't tell you how many names I've seen come and go from any location.

Show more appreciation for the successful reps to keep them wanting to stay with the company (financially or otherwise), and come along side new ones to guide and educate to help make them successful. In other words, make Imagetec a place people really want to work for. Right now, the company is not doing so hot in that area.

Not the company to keep my professional moral standards in check

Current Employee - Service Technician in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Imagetec full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Meeting new people and setting up relationships with repeat customers. Always something new and different each day, and always at somewhere different each day.

Cons

Too much driving of personal vehicle, mostly too much bad routing. How company runs their bonus program for call backs is more of a punishment for technician and doesn't help customer, it only creates more service calls due to technicians "rigging" machines to work instead of ordering parts. Too many late nights, very stressful days.

Great place to start a career...and then get out

Former Employee - Account Manager in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Imagetec full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a pure sales environment, 'unlimited earnings potential'

Cons

Coworkers, Sales Managers, Support Staff, Office Environment. But we got pizza once and its located close to the RAM Brewery for Thursday nights after work.

Nightmare of a company

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Imagetec full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hired as sales rep. Worked for less than a year. Selling copiers for this company is very dificult. The only pro is that they offer multiple manufactures.

Cons

Entire sales staff in all branches turned over during my tenure. Mostly thru termination but even the good sales people left. Sales people are put under mountains of stress to make hundreds of calls per week using the same crm lists that have been called on for years. Asked more times than I could count from companies to take them off of the call list. Even current customers seemed to want to look elsewhere when their contract was up from poor overall service. Didn't seem as though there was a single sales person that I talked to that wasn't looking for a job. If this is your first opportunity at a sales job or if you are a seasoned veteran in this industry, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere, as you will be in the coming months if you accept a position here.

The branch sales managers are changed just as often as the account managers. The owner should look at the upper sales management and make a change there. It would go a long way to keeping people on board and not always scared for thier jobs. It is not a healthy work environment.

Unbelievably Unfair Company, to the point that it is a dictatorship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL

I have been working at Imagetec full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice facilities (Curb Appeal Of Building)

Cons

The curb appeal draws you into a mess. Senior Managers are unbelievably unattached to reality. Goes from the Owner, VP's and Managers. Nepotism runs rampant as well. The decision makers are all related. So you are in trouble from the minute you walk in the door and meet HR. Managers are all just robots spewing the insane that comes from above. Like most companies they only care about making money, which is a good thing, but it is at the expense of the employees. Good people come, make a strong effort to do well, but if you share an opinion, or voice anything that they do not want to hear you are done. Most sensible people with successful previous employment history do not stay here as the environment is very non promotional and very dictatorlike. You just don"t matter here. I have made a point of letting everyone I know not to buy or do business from this organization or its affiliates. Stay Away From This Company.

Attend seminars where successful senior managers are doing well and making progress in these difficult times. None of you have any idea. You have the wrong people in the roles they are in. You do not have any positive, creative, successful upper managers.

Recent DEVRY and ITT Technical grads, Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company at the Career Fairs.

Former Employee - Service Technician in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Chicago, IL

I worked at Imagetec full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will become exceeding well at troubleshooting. For the reason that this company will try to get you to do as many service calls as possible, force you to fix machines you have not been trained on or for that matter have ever seen before. Since there is not much guidance or help from senior techs, you will basically train yourself, so I could not imagine a bigger fire to be thrown into than working here.

Cons

The upper management of this company will straight up lie to your face. Their style of management is not even management, it is straight up scare tactics. They will try to entice you with a future by showing you their so called "Career Path". This is a lie, they do not care for you or your future, all they care about is there bottom line, cheap labor, and not spending a dime. You will be hired for a sub par starting salary. Raises are non existent. You will be paid by monthly, this means 2 pay checks a month. They will switch insurance carriers every year, you will pay a good portion of your salary to insure yourself, and much more to insure a family of 4. Extremely high turnover rates for their part timers, full time techs, sales reps, and even management, I do not need to get into the overall attitude of the employees, read the other reviews for this. Due to this overall attitude shared by all employees, customers actually grow to hate this company.

Stop all of the lies. Be straight up to potential employees about what this company actually is, if they except the position after the truth, your turn over rate may actually go down.

Great place to start

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Imagetec

Pros

The management is helpful and it is a great place to start out of college if you are interested in sales. Great sales experience for any one looking to move on to pharmaceutical sales

Cons

Cons were that there was that the training could be improved at the start so I could have got to start selling developed my pipeline sooner.

Improve training and the and help to ensure every opportunity is looked into and every possible competitive resource is used to the fullest.

the worst

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Imagetec

Pros

The account reps are real hard working

Cons

the management is by far the worst I have experienced.

There needs to be a change

Purgatory run by minions. Sleezy managers. Clients don't matter.

Former Employee - Sales in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Naperville, IL

I worked at Imagetec

Pros

Starting base is better than average for industry, but don't expect to reach sales & profit quota to earn any real commisions as their out cost is higher than competitors proposals.

Cons

terrible customer service which would give you current clients to call on, if they respected territories that is. they just give you outdated lists from which to robodial. They have at least 20x former employees as current employees. Few have 1 yr tenure.

no one sticks around long enough. they hire has-beens from the outside.