Imagineering

CEO

Very Unprofessional

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Imagineering full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Close to the highway.

Cons

I went on an interview with Imagineering and the first interview was very quick I didn't get a lot of information about the position but they invited me to come in for a second interview with the CEO. When I met with her she didn't introduce herself and started to down talk to me about my resume and why I had a variety of different experiences. She made me feel like I was more of an "investment" to her than an actual employee. The other employees who work there (who aren't family) seem to be very on-edge and not comfortable there at all.

Be professional, treat everyone with respect especially if you are the CEO/Owner of a company you should know how to talk to people and never talk down to them.

Wouldn't work there...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at Imagineering part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

online based business. Casual clothing environment.

Cons

Family owned business. More family than non-family and non-family is treated like minority. they don’t even receive the same benefits. Proper training is non-existent. CEO gets involved in everything and comes back with comments like “you should have known better” instead of providing proper training material. Job descriptions are not given out because they don’t want to limit employees to specific duties and instead have them take care of everything. Procedures change daily and are never recorded but must be followed. The sales people sell based on lying to all the customers. Very unorganized company that should have an auditor really look into the way the business is run. High turnover for non-family members. Owners also get way too personal with employees.

Treat everyone equally. start providing proper training and stop lying to customers.