Imaging Sciences International

Updated May 5, 2014
Updated May 5, 2014

2.9

Ed Marandola

Top notch company with great opportunity.

Former Employee - Technical Writer  in  Hatfield, PA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Hatfield, PA

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in.
    Staff knowledgeable and easy to work with.
    Great leadership within Tech Pubs and Engineering departments.

Cons

None that I experienced during my time there.

Never judge a book by its cover!

Current Employee - Employee  in  Hatfield, PA
    Current Employee - Employee in Hatfield, PA

Pros

A few nice people to work with.

Cons

First off if you can get passed the pack of lies they feed you at the door, then you're a quarter of the way there. This company thrives on the quote "the best team wins" what is it that you're winning? The only true thing is you are in fact winning a huge headache. This company is vey big on promoting unnecessary chaos, there are a lot of people there who stab each other in the back because they truly feel that they will move up the ladder. The benefits package is horrible, you're much Better off not having any especially from this company. The HR Department is not supportive of it's employees, they lack compassion and generally just out right a group of cold individuals. The management here does not think ahead, meaning that they are very reactive instead of being proactive. Also they are socially inept and they as well don't care about there employees well being. One thing that this company needs to learn is how to support their employees and listen to what they are actually saying, all they seem to care about is the bottom line. In general the management here is horrible, they're friendly to your face but as soon as your back is turned look out another words you better have on a bullet proof vest because you will have a knife coming at your back. So if you cherish your sanity DON'T WORK HERE!!!!!!! Otherwise will become an alcoholic or whatever else that will the misery of ISI. In short if you have ever seen the movie "Office Space" that pretty much sums up ISI.

Start listening to what your employees are trying to tell you, after all we're the ones so called getting our hands dirty and putting with the daily B.S of your poor planning skills.

Diverse work and interesting challenges

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Hatfield, PA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Hatfield, PA

Pros

Positive minded employees
    Interesting work
    Receptive to new ideas depending on your manager
    Never bored

Cons

Too many meetings
    Management direction not strong

Should listen to engineers time estimates and not let dates drive projects

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Much Better Than Your Typical Temp Job

Former Employee - Project Management Assistant  in  Hatfield, PA
    Former Employee - Project Management Assistant in Hatfield, PA

Pros

Enjoyed working with the team
    Saw I could give more to the department and gave me additional responsibilities

Cons

No negative experiences for me

Continue to encourage your temporary hires, some of these people might be great full time employees in the long run

Started out great and I thought I had a great job when I was fired like that.

Former Employee - Repair Technician  in  Hatboro, PA
    Former Employee - Repair Technician in Hatboro, PA

Pros

Some people are friendly. Some of the upper management would treat the employees to lunch or dinner.

Cons

Was called by the recruiter from Imaging Sciences a Friday night, to tell me I was fired and he didn't know why. Called the manager and he bluntly said, "People didn't like you and you weren't learning". I had not even received a verbal warning and I remember treating this job as something to make into a career. After reading some reviews of Danaher's practices(who own Imaging Sciences), l I feel I am not alone in feeling how I did, so I made an example and sent out a "farewell e-mail" on Sunday, two days after I got fired. They didn't even deactivate my company building key or my access to the network. The place is a revolving door, the management is constantly changing, and they couldn't pee into a boot even with directions written on the side.

I hope you enjoyed my "farewell e-mail" that I sent on that sunny Sunday afternoon. I sent it around the world, wanting to spread the company's great reputation. I guess some good advice for the management would be, DON'T FORGET TO DEACTIVATE A TERMINATED EMPLOYEE'S ACCESS KEY AND EMAIL AFTER BRAVELY FIRING THEM OVER THE PHONE. Lemme guess, you got a dozen monkeys working the typewriters 24/7 trying to put this whole thing together?

Sad state of affairs since purchased by Danaher

Current Employee - Employee
    Current Employee - Employee

Pros

Was a great place to work before purchasd by Danaher. Still have decent benefits. My current boss is great, but fear he is burning out from to many "hats".

Cons

Since Danaher, all that is cared about is bottom line. Slashed inventory to where we might have to wait a coupld of days for parts. They don't know the meaning of customer service,. Got of of most of original ISI employees which leads to a lose of product knowledge. If you are in a management position you are expected to work 24/7. Bottom line oriented, which is fine, but since sales have decreased, so has the bottom line. Reason for sales decrease, they are using a 3rd party to sell and service our equipment. Lot of Drs. don't want to deal with this 3rd party. Low moral which is something that was never experienced before Danaher. They could care less about their employees.

Put us back they way it was. You have destroyed a fantastic company to work for. Treat us like human beings, not just another number in the employee data base. You are management top heavy. It would be nice to go into the office everyday and see smiles instead of frowns. Happy people are more productive. Think about that.

Worked for Imaging Sciences International? Contribute to the Community!