Immersion Corporation

Immersion Corporation Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Immersion Corporation President and Chief Executive Officer Vic Viegas

Vic Viegas

Great environment, great facilities, great people that leads to excellent innovation

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsImmersion is a company that has been around for more than 20 years and innovation has been one of the main pillars of its success. All employees are trained to have the tools and knowledge to be innovative.
    There are no shortages of technical challenges that can keep you motivated and busy.
    People in all sites are super nice and helpful, I have been lucky to travel to the mothership in San Jose CA, since I am in Montreal.
    The new office is more bright and spacious, and its location gets you access to many different restaurants.

ConsCompany could benefit from making more marketing about what we do internally.
    Decision making is centralized and operations would benefit from a more decentralized one.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is willing to take feedback from employees and act to drive changes for the better. Hope they keep doing that.

Smart, creative people at the forefront of technology in a place that encourages invention

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGreat people to work with, all easy to get along with, most very smart, I've learned a lot from everyone. We get to work on the latest gadgets. We experiment and develop technology that people might end up using in the future. Most of all, it has been very satisfying to see our work end up in mobile devices that hundreds of millions of people use every day.

ConsSome growing pains, need to stay nimble like a small company as we grow into a bigger entity.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep emphasizing invention as that's the key to the company's success.

Fun place, supportive management, new technology designed to please customers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsAbility to work with a fun group of professionals who care about designing products that delight end-customers. Management also spends a lot of time making sure that its employees are happy with their jobs while firing on all cylinders to achieve innovation breakthroughs.

ConsAbility to get on the most interesting and high-visibility projects sometimes limited

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing with the pay, benefits, and great communications, but also keep giving all employees chances to show how they can shine over and over again

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people and Company has a great future.

Financial (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsImmersion has great people to work and to collaborate with. There is a great new program where people can share and put in place innovative ideas. It really allows one to make a difference. Also Immersion is small enough that you can get to know people well.

The technology is very exciting. Its Haptics technology which is all about touch. The technology gives a lot of feeling to cell phones and makes games more fun. And now there is a lot of market acceptance. Very big customers such as Samsung and Sony pay Immersion for the technology.

Immersion has a great future. The Company has now reported significant increases in profitability at the end of 2013. They also have no debt and a lost of cash in the bank. Its great when a company can concentrate on what they do and not have ot worry about not having enough money.

Immersion also has great benefits. Those include stock options, restricted stock unit (RSU) grants, a bonus plan, a discounted employee stock purchase plan, a 401k with a great employee match, a great medical plan for employees and their families, a dental insurance plan, a vision plan, a tax free 125 plan for health care and child care, and even free breakfast. A lot of companies seem to have cut back in these areas these days, but not Immersion.

Immersion has a lot of people with families that work there. So most all are sympathetic to work/family balance. That is honestly hard to find these days. Immersion people like to work hard for Immersion, but they also enjoy having a lot of time with their family which is so important.

Immersion continues to be on a growth trajectory. So there are lots of opportunities in Immersion's future.

ConsImmersion is a small Company. Every department is small. Hopefully with all of the planned growth there will be more opportunites for advancement as time goes on.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to employee suggestions. The program to take innovative ideas from employees is great and should be kept and expanded.

Great people, culture, opportunities for development...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsI've been working at the company full-time for over 4 years now. What keeps me engaged and happy to be here are the people, career development opportunities, relationship with my manager, and being a part of a growing technology company that is in exciting and interesting markets. I get to interact daily with employees in the US, Canada, Asia Pacific and Europe. Due to small company size and having a supportive manager, I’m able to work on company-wide projects and stretch assignments that I might not get the opportunity to work on in a larger organization. There are also great perks and incentives such as a bonus plan tied to individual and company performance, stock, ESPP, great health benefits, fun company events and the monthly breakfast and lunches are always nice too. But the part that makes me look forward to coming to work each day are the people; they are a group of smart, talented and friendly people.

ConsDue to small company size, resources can be limited at times and some processes could benefit from being automated.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Positive

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsWelcoming environment, exciting team. Positive experience.

ConsLocation is a little tough if you are on the younger side

Good place to come to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsInteresting technology. Bright, creative people to work with. Great place for a family person to work - I can drop off or pick up the kids. Challenging work assignments. Very small company so a chance to see the big picture. Lots of opportunity to make a difference to the bottom line of the company. Chance to know most of the people in the company - I can walk over an talk to people that I work with.

ConsSmall company so it takes a big picture person who knows how to get their job done efficiently quickly and effectively.

Growing, doing new things in mobile devices, mobile media, gaming, wearables...

Marketing (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsSmall company means you have access to people across the company, which makes it easier to get things done. And Immersion's haptic technology is used in different industries that makes the job more interesting (automotive & mobile OEMs, app developers, gaming brands).

A lot of new people have joined in the past couple years, so the company has fresh ideas, new thinking. The company is focused on software & IP (whereas before I started, they were doing hardware in a bunch of different markets that they exited like medical, simulation...).It's profitable and growing and has a solid plan for where we're headed (the stock price has performed really well over the past year as a result...)

Big plus at Immersion is work/life balance...con calls with Asia, you can do from home. Flexible working hours make a big difference.

ConsGrowing pains, as the company works on new initiatives means sometimes people are stretched thin, but they seem to be hiring to fill some of the gaps.

Immersion.jp will shape online networking in Japan

Technical Lead (Current Employee) Tokyo (Japan)

ProsCutting edge technology tied to a radical revenue model / user interaction model.

Consstartup and not well financed yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet cash in the door boys

Good culture, good work

ProsMore than anything, Immersion is striving. It's investing a lot in new technologies, new employees, current employees, and innovation. And it does all this while maintaining a very reasonable work/life balance. The company is small enough that you can know everyone across all departments, yet large enough to benefit from highly skilled individuals. There is a lot of opportunity to make an impact, both in the company and in the markets the company serves.

ConsThere are some growing pains, especially around managing. As roles grow, and duties change people are sometimes finding themselves managing at a level above their experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the atmosphere of striving, innovation, and support of change.

Worked for Immersion Corporation? Contribute to the Community!