Impark

Be The First To
Add Photos

Allan Copping

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCEO walks the walks. great work life balance. amazing co-worker that are passionate about their job

Consin an effort to prevent extra cost being passed onto the consumer, company hangs onto old technology

very good experience. very positive culture

Prosvery good management. a lot of opportunities for growth. very positive workplace. very good culture

Consnone really. they have just started implementing a new culture program and it really promotes positive energy around the workplace

Great company to work for (IT / Development)

Software Developer (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsGenerally trust people to be autonomous, I was trusted to determine the correct path forward for my product. Had a great working relationship with my management.

ConsToo much of the old school 'butts in seats mentality' I think this held the organization back as it's much more effective to measure output to determine success, measuring the butts in seats is easier but ultimately useless.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut back on the butts in seat mentality, Make sure that open source solutions are investigated first. Invest in an in house development group, outsourcing development is probably the only mistake being made consistently right now.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

cutomer service avd parking attendant

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosdiversity, respect, best service, team work

Consi have no cons review

Impark Vancouver IT department is a revolving door (work, burn out, discard, repeat) Abusive management team.

IT Staff (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsDecent benefits and some people are really nice. Centrally located downtown near transit.

ConsThe Vancouver IT management team don't care about people and HR is powerless to enforce. IT Management only care about their job security as outsourcing becomes a reality. The Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan owns Impark and they know nothing about parking. The same people who have protested throughout history about unfair working conditions. Now our trusted and respected members of the community support this model for profit.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelieve the CTO of his duties. Put the CEO on notice for measurable, corrective action. Get the Teacher's to lead by example and proactively manage with non bias, outside, professional help (as they know nothing about parking). Evaluate the old boys, bully, management club (top down) and replace as necessary. Use an anonymous, online, employee survey for confirmation. Document exit interviews with department staff in question and hold management accountable and enforce penalties. Empower the head of HR so they can stand up to senior management to support an ethical environment. Teachers now is your chance to fix the problems that you know all too well. So you have credibility when you complain about your working conditions in the schools. If 10 people give bad reviews you know there are 100's who may feel the same way, its a big company. New hires need to question the turn over rate before taking a job in IT.

Senior management are egotistical idiots; treat staff like expendable commodities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere were none that I can recall.

ConsSenior management were under the delusion that staff morale is improving when in fact it was always rock-bottom and still is. Impark laid off a large group of people 2 weeks before Christmas - yes, TWO weeks before Christmas, that's just the kind of company they are. Absolutely terrible place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people fairly and with some respect. Hire some senior management who actually know what they're doing and value staff.

Make a U-Turn

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Prosfriendly co-workers, location of the office,

Consdisorganized, mismanaged,high turn over rate,no room for advancement

Advice to Senior Managementlead by example, make smart decisions,treat others with respect,value the employees more

Application Developer

Applications Developer (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsGood company, very supportive. Excellent IT management.

ConsLack of self determined work times. Too old school. Lack of agile environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet agile, let your IT staff be more self determined.

A great learning experience and transition stepping stone to the next phase in my career.

Telecommunications Administrator (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsThe people, the values, the culture, team-oriented environment. energetic location and
    opportunities for advancement

ConsSome of the time frames required for site conversions were almost unrealistic to meet due to short deadlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more communicative to staff when there is a possible bid on the table to take over a site, the staff can then be more prepared to complete a conversion.

reverse park while you can

Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsFree parking across the city

Conslow salary, no room for growth

Advice to Senior ManagementTake management lessons

Worked for Impark? Contribute to the Community!