Impax Laboratories

Manufacturing Technican

Former Employee - Manufacture Associate  in  Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Manufacture Associate in Hayward, CA

I worked at Impax Laboratories full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I met some really inspiring people while I worked at Impax. There are some managers and supervisors who were very dedicated to their employes and really fight for them to improve the work environment. There is advancement working in this company.

Cons

There were a lot of groupies. Rumors spread like wildfire. A lot of times the work environment didn't feel professional, felt more like a high school hallway. I did witness some bullying and harassment. It was handled poorly by HR and upper management. I saw a lot of favoritism from some managers. It wasn't a company spilt into different shifts. It was more like the each shift was its own company. Instead of helping to support each other, each shift was willing to compete with each other and throw the other one under the bus.

Please take a look at the culture at Impax. Try to improve.

Awful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

I worked at Impax Laboratories full-time for more than a year

Pros

Might meet good friends, u will gain experience and it's something u can throw in ur resume

Cons

Supervisors who can not speak English and do not know their head from their toe

Be more involved and fire these supervisors in QC department who can not speak English

Do not work there

I worked at Impax Laboratories

Pros

If u r fresh out of collage, go there to put something on ur resume
    Other than that, stay away

Cons

I just put one star cuz I have too
    Man, where to start?!
    -Supervisors? Punch of Chinese who can not speak English and can not write a piece of paper
    Yet they look at u down if u r not Chinese and treat u as bad as u can imagine

-Work load? Depends, if ur supervisor likes u, u r ok, if not, she will give u all the hard work cuz the easy work will be for her babies (friends)

-Safety? Joke

-Salary? Just ok

-coworker? Most of them are selfish and will use u, rest are very good people, u will have to know who is who by working with them

-Reviewer? What is reviewers? Well they are people who do not perform the job yet they review ur notebook, the funny thing is that they are annoying cuz they have the attitude of (oh they did it wrong, they do not know what they do). How dare you!

You really got to fire/change those Chinese supervisors who can not speak English cuz guess what? We live in the US not in China, we need someone who speaks good English, who can understand us and we can understand them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good fresh out of college company to work at.

Former Employee - Manufacture Associate  in  Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Manufacture Associate in Hayward, CA

I worked at Impax Laboratories full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is below average, but its a good resume builder. SOP Training is about 2 weeks long on average and the actual job training begins afterwards.

Cons

terrible and highly unprofessional management. Getting hired as a temp is more common than not. The temp agency they use are incredibly difficult to work with.

Don't treat the people you supervise as employees that have no rights.

Innovative company needing more communication

I worked at Impax Laboratories

Pros

Good core management team with competitive salaries in a very competitive industry where cost containment and first to market opportunities are paramount.

Cons

Very high stress level to in all levels of the company. Attitude of mediocrity culture is prevalent throughout the organization.

Communication throughout all levels of the company is required to keep from a mass exodus to other career opportunities.

Very unprofessional senior management & bad work culture

Current Employee - Warehouse Manager  in  Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Manager in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Impax Laboratories full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Competitive salary and if you are friend with senior management then it can go quickly up without talents.

Cons

When times are lean and overtime is a bad word then it is time to start making friendship with senior management or update your resume. When the axes comes down it is swift and painless.

Try to keep the qualified talent and not just the "yes" people and there will be less of a let down in production and with FDA. Keep quality standards high and don't do the short cuts. Remember your product is being used by human.

Great company, fun people, nice work environment

I have been working at Impax Laboratories as a contractor

Pros

I really enjoy the professional environment and everyone is so nice. Great trainings and ongoing teachings for many different departments. Opportunity for transferring departments and shifts. Great communication by all levels. Great compensation compared to other companies.

Cons

On its way to becoming more technologically advanced, once there will be even better

Keep it up

Good starting place for the new graduates.

Former Employee - Chemist III  in  Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Chemist III in Hayward, CA

I worked at Impax Laboratories full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you are a new graduate with no real world experience, they will hire and train you, besides, you have the chances to perform various tests.

Cons

The compensation is well below average, not much work-life balance and tons of responsibilities which should not be applicable to chemists.

The company is under new management now, not sure what's happening, but wish them all the best.

Alot of wasted time

Former Employee - Mfg Tech  in  Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Mfg Tech in Hayward, CA

I worked at Impax Laboratories full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

they hire you quickly thru staffing agencies and whether you have a degree or not they treat you all the same. i had an engineering background and they placed me on the simplest least technical departments department while the college drop out got to work on the most complex equipment. huge lack of general foresights

Cons

bad management that is always leaving because they know whats good for them

go somewhere else

Unforgettable and not in a good way

I have been working at Impax Laboratories

Pros

If you are new to the industry and don't plan to stay more than a few years this is your place.

Cons

-The management is terrible.Very childish and unprofessional
    -Coworkers are not very professional, take everything personal
    -No oppurtunities to advance unless you plan on bringing the upper managment lunch, gifts, etc.
    -Sucking up is key
    -If you are an honest, hardworking person expect to get trampled and have loads of work dumped on you and have management take credit for your accomplishments instead of you.
    -HR is also terrible. There is no confidentiality when you report any issues regarding management.

Start over. Things are clearly not working-still.

Worked for Impax Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!