Impellam Group Reviews

Julia Robertson

1. Recruiter/Account Manager

Current Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

company culture, flexible work schedule

Cons

lots of employee turnover, not a lot of support from managers

Advice to Management

Be more involved

2. Manager - NA Operations

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Impellam Group full-time

Pros

Lots of good people in the UK. Expectations are low and pay is good in North America.

Cons

NA management cannot execute strategy or understand performance management. Poor performing employees received promotions for playing politics with management. Open door policy is a joke – all decisions were made based on political agenda.

Advice to Management

Learn how to implement strategy. North American Operational Management needs to be replaced.

3. Laid Back Company

Pros

Impellam is a laid back company.

Cons

The management team is not great.

The company is very unprofessional.

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Most employee's are great to work with.

Cons

The leadership is unprofessional. Guidelines are made as you go along and never enforced.

Advice to Management

If turnover is high in certain positions, consider looking at who is managing those positions. Leadership has favorites that appear to be protected while others are abused.

Endless Missed Opportunities

Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Impellam Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some really smart, passionate, and caring people that work at this company. That is a mix of the "old timer" Comensura/Guidant crew, and even the new (mostly ex-Allegis) crew. There are some people here who are truly experts at MSP and contingent staffing services. Some regional operations folks have great connections and eye for top emerging operations talent. New IT team seems to be the right folks to help them out of their systems mess.

Cons

Very rough transition coming out of the recession in North America. The leaders appointed were not experienced enough or equipped to manage an organization through the type of change management and growth pace needed to take this company where everyone imagined it could go. Top line growth was repeatedly cited as progress but the middle a mess - out of control expense costs, neglect of 3rd party staffing partner relationships, over hiring & spending on a management team barely able to earn their seats let alone lead others to success - extremely poor hiring decisions at the top made the environment almost intolerable. The culture itself was very unprofessional. Without getting specific, there were many inappropriate behaviors being demonstrated by senior folks and we'll leave it at that.

Advice to Management

Compensation should be re-imagined, incentive pay for operations rather than sales folks who added very little value to the growth of strategic accounts. The CEO from England needs a 3rd party consulting firm to investigate what is going on in NA and get some "tell all" sessions happening with those in the know.

Operations Manager- Americas

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Impellam Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership that empowers growth, innovation and integrity. They lead by example as global organization should. The North America team is an organization to definitely watch. The strides the organization has made in such a short period of time is truly remarkable- a top Baker's Dozen 2013 winner.

Cons

One platform to service all clients, regardless of their business needs.

Advice to Management

Continuing to improve technology, because without major advancements the competition will for sure surpass anything the amazing employees can accomplish on their own.

8. Challenging

Former Employee - Vice President, Commercial Sector/and National Accounts in Dallas, TX

I worked at Impellam Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Large company, with huge back office support. Has a core business (that was acquired named, Talent Tree) that was hugely successful in many markets especially Texas.

Cons

Lots of transition., in leadership which led to many iterations of what the company would put their focus and attention to, for growing revenues/margins.

Advice to Management

Focus on front line sales teams...

Operations Specialist / Client Relations

Former Employee - Operations Specialist/Client Relations
    Former Employee - Operations Specialist/Client Relations

I worked at Impellam Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall a healthy team environment is encouraged. Most low-middle managers are proactive and have strong experience in their field.

Cons

Lack of internal communication is terrible. Also, lack of vertical opportunities for current employees. Benefits are terrible! Example: 6 months before eligible for vacation time.

Advice to Management

Company is need of more internal communication.

10. Very Happy Employee

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Impellam Group full-time

Pros

Enormous growth, so I feel security in my job. Amazing team, both my peers and my management team. My manager trusts me to do my job and she is not a micromanager, she is outstanding! I am truly working with the most professional team I have ever worked with and I couldn't be happier. Great benefits, including tuition reimbursement!

Cons

I really don't have any true Cons other than maybe there are many brands under the Impellam umbrella so keeping that straight and really knowing the details about each group.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust your employees to do what you hired them to do (which is what you are doing) and you will be fine!

Micromanagement by an incompetent management team.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The office was kind of pretty. Sorry, that's all i have.

Cons

There was no job description provided by the staffing agency that made the placement. The interview mentioned implementing a new system, not creating one, hence there was nothing mentioned about non-stop data entry for 300 employees, 25-30 fields for current setup, 6 fields for prior year-to-date data) The benefit package is awful. 1000 hours at 40 hours a week have to be worked before getting 401k benefits. Even though I was working over 50 hours a week, only 40 hours a week counted towards benefits. Health benefits start at 60 days. No benefits information was provided at time of hire. I was simply told that it’s the average benefits package. I would take fault for not researching things a bit more but there really isn't anything out there for Guidant Group. Hope this review saves you!

Advice to Management

They need to start reading some management books. Too many things wrong to provide any advice.

RSS Feed </> Embed