Imperva

Add Photos

Imperva President and CEO Shlomo Kramer

Shlomo Kramer

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Intense organic growth that results in lots of opportunity, but long hours to survive.

Manager (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsGet to work from home or small region and decent travel opportunities.

ConsVery long work hours. If you are not sales, takes a lot of blood sweat and tears to grow the organization. Current organizational model is not scale-able and not sustainable. People get burnt out easier than other companies I've been at. Only the very strong survive and even prosper.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more regional managers to allow those regions to grow and not saddle upper management so much of the lower-level operations. This may be the case with sale, but not with the operations and support organizations.

Senior Product Support Engineer

Senior Product Support Engineer (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsIt's one of the best security companies out there. The CEO is a leader in the security industry and the company is going the right direction.

ConsThe services department lacks engineers, there's a lot of work load and you are expected to work a lot, even if they won't say it officially - there's too much work load and there's not enough people.
    In terms of career path they won't invest in their employees, you're are expected to learn about the product and solve cases. They would not send you to other courses and\or certifications. for instance you'd be expected to support auditing on Oracle DBs but they won't send you to an Oracle training (and the list goes on and on).

Advice to Senior ManagementStart hiring the right people for the job, invest in the people you already have, change the management!!!

High Turnover - there is a reason - check linkedin - don't let them fool you

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsThere are some really dedicated and talented people there. Great product and strong marketing team. Shlomo is a key security figure. Salaries are ok, but can be on the cheap end - make sure to negotiate, negotiate, negotiate! Be willing to walk away.

ConsCulture, promotions, they don't really invest in their people...only the select few....who stay. I feel kind of shady company/practices. Management definitely has own agenda, best & only interest = themselves. Bad commute location, bad food, dry environment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The people on my team were nice, but the is a lack of professionalism shown towards customers and a void in leadership.

Product Support Engineer (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsSalary is competitive and the work hours are acceptable. There is nice kitchen and the benefits are decent. The office is nice.

ConsThere are not enough employees in support. Three quarters of the people there are less than one year. The job is much different than I imagined.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to allow for more training for support engineers, have improved portal, better phone system and more organization and distribution of workload.

employee review

Confidential (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsImperva has an environment where hard work and effort is part of the culture. Working in previous environments where existing seems to be the status quo it is refreshing to see everyone willing to put in the extra effort to accomplish a goal. The company is not afraid to make changes to senior leadership which has produced an extremely capable and experienced group of executives to lead Imperva.

Consif a person does not like to work hard and put in extra effort I would look for another opportunity for employment.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Great technology but a horrible place to work - LOOK ELSEWHERE!

Direct Sales (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsIndustry Leader in their space.

ConsImperva is VERY cut throat and regularly terminates top performers for mysterious reasons. Imperva is also, very, very difficult to do business with from a customer's perspective. Succeeding in this very competitive space is tough enough without constantly having to replace departing team personnel and then playing catch-up to make the ground lost by the rediculous termination of top performing employees. It's always "one step forward and two steps back" and has been this way since 2003 / 2004.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your team members sufficient time to complete their projects and quit changing personnel every 3-6 months.

Worked for Imperva? Contribute to the Community!