Imperva Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Imperva President & CEO Anthony Bettencourt
Anthony Bettencourt

Pros
  • very hard working team with smart engineers who make a good product that the market doesn't understand (in 3 reviews)

• Employees can maintain work-life balance (if they turn off their smartphones when they leave the office) (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • The work environment also dictates an on-call mentality regardless of the issue at hand (in 4 reviews)

• Middle management believes company first regardless of hour and/or day (in 3 reviews)

Not what it used to be

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product. People who work there really are passionate about the company and products. Good salary for the area but not the highest. The IT team is top notch – so patient and incredibly helpful even while traveling for work.

Cons

A lot of changes to executive and management teams had created a lot of turnover through layoffs and people leaving due to all of the changes. There are also a lot of employees who are being brought in by the executive team and they are pushing people who have been at the company for a long time out of their jobs.

2. Not for everyone

Current Employee - RSM in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - RSM in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can make outstanding money if you are DSA and you get the best resources. If not, its a grind that has people turning over constantly. The CA reject management team sucks and has no clue how to sell this sophisticated technology or work with partners. They make demands for more deals and pipeline but don't know how to help create the deals and embarrass themselves. The sales people don't want them on calls agai and invent reasons to keep them away. The CEO is pretty cool and sales friendly. The DSA program accounts for most all the deals and those guys seem happy, but the leader of that group won't interview legacy people--only looking outside for talent which is a shame.

Cons

The newer CA leadership is awful

Advice to Management

Dump the CA turkeys, thats why were all leaving.

Leadership/ Management Problems

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Imperva is the best when it comes to Data Security. It is a pleasure working with a great team.

Cons

The morale of the team is pretty low mainly because management especially the Dir of Inside Sales all the way down to the sales managers have know idea how to inspire, motivate and coach the team.

Advice to Management

Attend Leadership and Management classes. You cant lead a team if all you do is stay in your room.

5. Good

Former Employee - Administrative in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work at!

Cons

Nothing bad to say, everything was really nice!

Advice to Management

None

Imperva Response

Jan 15, 2015 – Head of HR

Thank you for posting a review. We appreciate receiving any/all comments, concerns, and suggestions. Imperva is a great place to work--we have an excellent product, smart and hard-working people, a ... More

Good Company on the Path to Growth

Current Employee - SDR in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Imperva has been like working for a start-up. There's constant change and if you're not a person who likes change then this is probably not where you should be. The atmosphere has always felt like family here; especially within individuals in my own department. I've met some incredibly wonderful and talented people here. I also love working for a company who prides themselves on producing quality products and are leaders in their space. Although, I don't know what the future holds for me here, I will always remember Imperva fondly for everything I've learned and the wonderful people who have helped me along the way.

Cons

2014 was a year of change.... A lot of change. For many, too much change. I would welcome being able to work from home a couple of days a week so as not to get into the daily grind of commuting 23 miles one-way. Other then the fact that they've always done it this way, there's no reason not to let us work remotely a couple days a week.

Advice to Management

Too much change in such a short time can bring on anxiety and discord. Let's make sure we're doing one thing right before we move on to the next thing. Also, please consider letting some of us work from home a couple days a week like many companies are doing to make it easier for their employees to stay. Otherwise, I guarantee you'll probably lose some good talent.

Timberrrrrrrrr

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great food in the break room on a daily basis. very hard working team with smart engineers who make a good product that the market doesn't understand.

Cons

New management team replacing Kramir are complete tools and every senior engineer is looking for a job. the ceo conference calls are a comedy show meant to inspire but have most wondering how this was the best we could do. Every senior product engineer in the company is interviewing and leaving the company for another Valley opportunity. I work in office everyday, and its septic. People smile, go back to cubes, and continue their paid job search on company time.

Advice to Management

CEO over his head, sell now and save yourself another failure of being forced to sell cause you are proven incompetent again. my friend worked with ceo at nother company and says this cat tries and is nice but not talented enough to deliver.

Imperva Response

Nov 5, 2014 – Head of HR

Thank you for taking your time to provide input. I agree that we have great employees who are producing a world class product. Our number one goal is to retain our top talent and to add more of the ... More

8. Intense organic growth that results in lots of opportunity, but long hours to survive.

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Get to work from home or small region and decent travel opportunities.

Cons

Very long work hours. If you are not sales, takes a lot of blood sweat and tears to grow the organization. Current organizational model is not scale-able and not sustainable. People get burnt out easier than other companies I've been at. Only the very strong survive and even prosper.

Advice to Management

Hire more regional managers to allow those regions to grow and not saddle upper management so much of the lower-level operations. This may be the case with sale, but not with the operations and support organizations.

Senior Product Support Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Product Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's one of the best security companies out there. The CEO is a leader in the security industry and the company is going the right direction.

Cons

The services department lacks engineers, there's a lot of work load and you are expected to work a lot, even if they won't say it officially - there's too much work load and there's not enough people. In terms of career path they won't invest in their employees, you're are expected to learn about the product and solve cases. They would not send you to other courses and\or certifications. for instance you'd be expected to support auditing on Oracle DBs but they won't send you to an Oracle training (and the list goes on and on).

Advice to Management

Start hiring the right people for the job, invest in the people you already have, change the management!!!

High Turnover - there is a reason - check linkedin - don't let them fool you

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really dedicated and talented people there. Great product and strong marketing team. Shlomo is a key security figure. Salaries are ok, but can be on the cheap end - make sure to negotiate, negotiate, negotiate! Be willing to walk away.

Cons

Culture, promotions, they don't really invest in their people...only the select few....who stay. I feel kind of shady company/practices. Management definitely has own agenda, best & only interest = themselves. Bad commute location, bad food, dry environment.

The people on my team were nice, but the is a lack of professionalism shown towards customers and a void in leadership.

Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Salary is competitive and the work hours are acceptable. There is nice kitchen and the benefits are decent. The office is nice.

Cons

There are not enough employees in support. Three quarters of the people there are less than one year. The job is much different than I imagined.

Advice to Management

Need to allow for more training for support engineers, have improved portal, better phone system and more organization and distribution of workload.

RSS Feed </> Embed