Imperva Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Imperva President & CEO Anthony Bettencourt
Anthony Bettencourt

Pros
  • Innovative technology, good people and managers (in 5 reviews)

• very hard working team with smart engineers who make a good product that the market doesn't understand (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work environment very different from anything I have seen in the past 15 years (in 4 reviews)

• Middle management believes company first regardless of hour and/or day (in 3 reviews)

1. Security Architect

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Driven, results focused security company. World class talent. Tremendous opportunity to learn.

Cons

Israeli outlook is both good and bad.

Advice to Management

Always focus on providing value to the customer.

2. Not what it used to be

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product. People who work there really are passionate about the company and products. Good salary for the area but not the highest. The IT team is top notch – so patient and incredibly helpful even while traveling for work.

Cons

A lot of changes to executive and management teams had created a lot of turnover through layoffs and people leaving due to all of the changes. There are also a lot of employees who are being brought in by the executive team and they are pushing people who have been at the company for a long time out of their jobs.

3. Shortest job in a long career. And that

I worked at Imperva

Pros

Salary is average with industry.

Cons

Company has problems with sales and engineers. Can't keep them. Change at the CEO/Sr. Management level may help, but causes more confusion about the company, which may not be good. Popular rumor is the company is being setup to be sold.

5. Great company to work for

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management gives clear direction, and supports you on your career path.

Cons

There isnt anything that stands out in my mind as a major problem. There are little things here and there that could be made better, but all companies have there little issues.

Jan 15, 2015Head of HR

Thanks for your comment. I am glad to hear that you have had a positive experience at Imperva. I agree that our CEO and our management here truly supports employees’ professional development. If you ... More

6. Good

Former Employee - Administrative in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work at!

Cons

Nothing bad to say, everything was really nice!

Advice to Management

None

Jan 15, 2015Head of HR

Thank you for posting a review. We appreciate receiving any/all comments, concerns, and suggestions. Imperva is a great place to work--we have an excellent product, smart and hard-working people, a ... More

7. Great place to work!

Current Employee - IT-Tech Support in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - IT-Tech Support in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great and supportive environment. You work with people who are concerned about you as an employee and as their friend. The IT team is top notch. Lots of experience and very innovative in dealing with a wide variety of issues 24/7.

Cons

There did seem to be some disconnect with a lot of the managers, but a very forward-thinking and energized CEO is helping everyone get back into the groove and most employees feel extremely positive about the foreseeable future of the company.

Advice to Management

Stick with what is working. Push for a strong and positively motivated sales team. Market that which pays the bills, but don't be afraid to change the game every now and again. Keep that small company feel, even as the company sees a growth spurt.

Jan 15, 2015Head of HR

Thank you for your comment. Imperva employees are great – and you are right that our IT team is exceptional. It is because of our people and products that Imperva is doing well and continues to ... More

8. On the up and up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company and even better product. Company is making huge strides to correct some of the issues that have plagued it in previous years. New management is making some difficult but very necessary changes to help drive revenue.

Cons

Not the most exciting office environment. Previously there hasn't been much communication from senior management.

Advice to Management

Keep up top-down communication and bringing in great leadership.

Nov 13, 2014Head of HR

Thanks for your input! I agree that Imperva is a great place to be with outstanding products and people. I also appreciate your enthusiasm for the recent additions to our truly exceptional ... More

From Fabulous to FLOP

Former Employee - Senior Management in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Management in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great space, good product. Fair compensation and work-life balance in my role (not engineering). Those coming into Imperva now will be fine so long as they are brought in by or through the extended network of new CEO. The stock price will continue to rise for the next couple quarters. Some of the issues resulting from poor IT leadership, finance and legal are likely to be cleared up by new management.

Cons

Most concerning, the CEO and new executive staff lack integrity. To say Anthony Bettencourt is disingenuous is being generous. My advice, don't listen to what they say, their ACTIONS speak louder than their words. Sales employees are poorly compensated (I am not in sales), HR is a mess-poor decisions, short sighted, lack experience. IT, legal and others make doing business difficult.

Advice to Management

I don';t believe management is open to or will seriously consider advice, so I won't waste my breath.

Good Company on the Path to Growth

Current Employee - SDR in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Imperva has been like working for a start-up. There's constant change and if you're not a person who likes change then this is probably not where you should be. The atmosphere has always felt like family here; especially within individuals in my own department. I've met some incredibly wonderful and talented people here. I also love working for a company who prides themselves on producing quality products and are leaders in their space. Although, I don't know what the future holds for me here, I will always remember Imperva fondly for everything I've learned and the wonderful people who have helped me along the way.

Cons

2014 was a year of change.... A lot of change. For many, too much change. I would welcome being able to work from home a couple of days a week so as not to get into the daily grind of commuting 23 miles one-way. Other then the fact that they've always done it this way, there's no reason not to let us work remotely a couple days a week.

Advice to Management

Too much change in such a short time can bring on anxiety and discord. Let's make sure we're doing one thing right before we move on to the next thing. Also, please consider letting some of us work from home a couple days a week like many companies are doing to make it easier for their employees to stay. Otherwise, I guarantee you'll probably lose some good talent.

Terrible

Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good location outside of san fran and really good technology. The new product release is good and the creation of many hard working, dedicated people.

Cons

Leadership is terrible, untrustworthy, and has their own agenda. No one trusts this new CEO; he is plane and simple an attention seeking slime ball. Product management is painfully aware that the best days are gone and it is time to find a new job. Salespeople will leave en masse after quarter, product management looking for better, and engineering gets no direction.

Advice to Management

Get out of the deep end of the pool and have some respect for shlomo who built what you are destroying. No one cares about where you traveled or what you did this week….that's your job.

RSS Feed </> Embed