Imperva

Anthony Bettencourt

Great place to work!

Current Employee - IT-Tech Support in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - IT-Tech Support in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great and supportive environment. You work with people who are concerned about you as an employee and as their friend. The IT team is top notch. Lots of experience and very innovative in dealing with a wide variety of issues 24/7.

Cons

There did seem to be some disconnect with a lot of the managers, but a very forward-thinking and energized CEO is helping everyone get back into the groove and most employees feel extremely positive about the foreseeable future of the company.

Stick with what is working. Push for a strong and positively motivated sales team. Market that which pays the bills, but don't be afraid to change the game every now and again. Keep that small company feel, even as the company sees a growth spurt.

On the up and up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company and even better product. Company is making huge strides to correct some of the issues that have plagued it in previous years. New management is making some difficult but very necessary changes to help drive revenue.

Cons

Not the most exciting office environment. Previously there hasn't been much communication from senior management.

Keep up top-down communication and bringing in great leadership.

Nov 13, 2014Head of HR

Thanks for your input! I agree that Imperva is a great place to be with outstanding products and people. I also appreciate your enthusiasm for the recent additions to our truly exceptional ... More

From Fabulous to FLOP

Former Employee - Senior Management in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Management in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great space, good product. Fair compensation and work-life balance in my role (not engineering). Those coming into Imperva now will be fine so long as they are brought in by or through the extended network of new CEO. The stock price will continue to rise for the next couple quarters. Some of the issues resulting from poor IT leadership, finance and legal are likely to be cleared up by new management.

Cons

Most concerning, the CEO and new executive staff lack integrity. To say Anthony Bettencourt is disingenuous is being generous. My advice, don't listen to what they say, their ACTIONS speak louder than their words. Sales employees are poorly compensated (I am not in sales), HR is a mess-poor decisions, short sighted, lack experience. IT, legal and others make doing business difficult.

I don';t believe management is open to or will seriously consider advice, so I won't waste my breath.

Good Company on the Path to Growth

Current Employee - SDR in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at Imperva has been like working for a start-up. There's constant change and if you're not a person who likes change then this is probably not where you should be. The atmosphere has always felt like family here; especially within individuals in my own department. I've met some incredibly wonderful and talented people here. I also love working for a company who prides themselves on producing quality products and are leaders in their space. Although, I don't know what the future holds for me here, I will always remember Imperva fondly for everything I've learned and the wonderful people who have helped me along the way.

Cons

2014 was a year of change.... A lot of change. For many, too much change. I would welcome being able to work from home a couple of days a week so as not to get into the daily grind of commuting 23 miles one-way. Other then the fact that they've always done it this way, there's no reason not to let us work remotely a couple days a week.

Too much change in such a short time can bring on anxiety and discord. Let's make sure we're doing one thing right before we move on to the next thing. Also, please consider letting some of us work from home a couple days a week like many companies are doing to make it easier for their employees to stay. Otherwise, I guarantee you'll probably lose some good talent.

Terrible

Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good location outside of san fran and really good technology. The new product release is good and the creation of many hard working, dedicated people.

Cons

Leadership is terrible, untrustworthy, and has their own agenda. No one trusts this new CEO; he is plane and simple an attention seeking slime ball. Product management is painfully aware that the best days are gone and it is time to find a new job. Salespeople will leave en masse after quarter, product management looking for better, and engineering gets no direction.

Get out of the deep end of the pool and have some respect for shlomo who built what you are destroying. No one cares about where you traveled or what you did this week….that's your job.

Exit, stage left

I worked at Imperva full-time

Pros

Good products but when put to the test performance & scalability become issues. Numerous accounts have performance and upgrade issues. Support is good but as with any company it relies too much on email.

Cons

Slave to the machine. Middle management believes company first regardless of hour and/or day. Being an Israel company you are dealing with R&D and others that are 10 hours ahead of you so you're often taxed with early morning calls and late evenings. The work environment also dictates an on-call mentality regardless of the issue at hand.

Shlomo has brought in a new CEO to replace him and you can see the writing on the wall. The new CEO is bringing in his own team and the long tenured senior mgmt folks are either being shown the door or are looking for the exit signs.

Yes, rip out the middle layer.

Timberrrrrrrrr

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great food in the break room on a daily basis. very hard working team with smart engineers who make a good product that the market doesn't understand.

Cons

New management team replacing Kramir are complete tools and every senior engineer is looking for a job. the ceo conference calls are a comedy show meant to inspire but have most wondering how this was the best we could do. Every senior product engineer in the company is interviewing and leaving the company for another Valley opportunity. I work in office everyday, and its septic. People smile, go back to cubes, and continue their paid job search on company time.

CEO over his head, sell now and save yourself another failure of being forced to sell cause you are proven incompetent again. my friend worked with ceo at nother company and says this cat tries and is nice but not talented enough to deliver.

Nov 5, 2014Head of HR

Thank you for taking your time to provide input. I agree that we have great employees who are producing a world class product. Our number one goal is to retain our top talent and to add more of the ... More

Good

I have been working at Imperva

Pros

Great Technology - Best of breed

Cons

Entire company doesn't have an urgency to sell and lacks sales acumen.

Bring in leadership that has experience building a dynamic sales organization.

Nov 3, 2014CRO

Thanks for your feedback. I agree that our technology is the best in the business and we need to be pressing our advantage in the marketplace. Regarding our sense of urgency, I would appreciate ... More

Going down........

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

could not think of one!

Cons

With a major shareholder civil law suite against the company (Don't believe me, google imperva law suite), CEO out, stocks down , major talents jumping the ship, the company is at down fall and will be sold soon.
    whether company will survive or not , now is not a good time for any body to join the sinking ship.

Nov 7, 2014President & CEO

Thank you for your note. It is unfortunate that you do not see the company as an exciting organization with a growing future. As you may have noticed from our recently released Q3 Financial ... More

Awful

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None! Paycheck perhaps. Don't believe the four star reviews. All done by internal staff and sales people trying to portray the place as some thing that is not! unless you are desperate for a paycheck stay away from this place.

Cons

Too many: poor and incompetent management, high turn over, vital staff located overseas, outdated and old technology. How they get away selling this outdated software full of bugs and problems is beyond me! Can't wait to get out myself.

Oct 22, 2014President & CEO

Thank you for your comments and criticism. I am sorry that your experience at Imperva has been so negative. It is important that employees are excited and motivated about the company and their own ... More