Imperva

Imperva President and CEO Shlomo Kramer

Shlomo Kramer

Great company, wonderful people

RSM (Current Employee)

ProsThis product has truly unique security solutions, and I never feel that I'm selling a "me too" solution.

ConsThere are occasional disconnects in communications between the US and Israel

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, but foster better relations between sales and other groups in the company

Great solutions, decent management, some process issues

Direct Sales (Current Employee)

ProsThey absolutely have the best data security solution suite anywhere, anyhow. Nothing else comes close.

ConsA lot of the enterprise market is resistant to Imperva's new paradigm for security, but they are coming around. Also, the management being out of Israel does pose some cultural issues re urgency.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline processes! Too much work to get an order completed.

Terrible Environment

ProsNot sure there are any except that it's a job at a company. If you need a job and have no other prospects...then ok, work here. I used to believe in the product but we've been having hard times with product sales so maybe a positive is that we'll likely get bought in the future. Who knows.

ConsThere are so many cons.... Look elsewhere. Fear-based culture. High turnover. Nasty, micromanaging VPs. CEO is mostly in Israel and this ship is run by VPs that manage by undermining. Makes for a dysfunctional environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat goes around comes around. People have long memories in the Valley and you never know when today's direct report will move on to become someone that will return the favor.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Garbage

ProsGood place for younger men and women to be used and abused........................

ConsTheir product line is a junk with full of bugs, obnoxious staff, lack of communications, directions, no respect and list goes on and on...........

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a life! learn how to manage people, respect people, work with them, trust them, but then again if you had these values you won't be working for Imperva!

Great company to work for with great people.

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Redwood Shores, CA

ProsPositive work environment, smart people and friendly atmosphere

ConsOnly con is there is no carrot at the end of the tunnel to have continued motivation.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave upward mobility for sales team into a closing role.

Poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey have some great hardworking people that are experts in their field.

ConsThe management is lost with no direction. They hired managers with lots of experience who still manage the way they did 20 years ago. In this culture it is ok for managers to disappear for months and come back to only harass and demean everyone around them while being no actual value to the sales cycle.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts hard to give advice when the management is the problem. Poor managers only deflect the problems they create on the people below them.

Intense organic growth that results in lots of opportunity, but long hours to survive.

Manager (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsGet to work from home or small region and decent travel opportunities.

ConsVery long work hours. If you are not sales, takes a lot of blood sweat and tears to grow the organization. Current organizational model is not scale-able and not sustainable. People get burnt out easier than other companies I've been at. Only the very strong survive and even prosper.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more regional managers to allow those regions to grow and not saddle upper management so much of the lower-level operations. This may be the case with sale, but not with the operations and support organizations.

Difficult Place to Work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redwood Shores, CA

ProsShlomo is a leader in the industry and proves it. Great space in the market and top performer in security. The rank and file employees are dedicated and passionate about what they do. Great collaboration in teams and willing to help. Much pride in what everyone does to help customers. Very committed to the success of customers.

ConsThe positive culture in Israel doesn't exist in other locations, especially not in the US. Very long hours, no raises, very short staffed in GA and in services. High turnover in management that leads to a lack of trust overall by the lower level employees and starting over. Work hours are excessive and not recoginized. Travel expectations for field team is unreasonalble due to lack of staff. The corporate office environment is very uncomfortable.

Advice to Senior ManagementShlomo needs to get in touch with the people, seems to be isolated from the field and the issues at hand that will be a deterrent to desired growth.

Senior Product Support Engineer

Senior Product Support Engineer (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsIt's one of the best security companies out there. The CEO is a leader in the security industry and the company is going the right direction.

ConsThe services department lacks engineers, there's a lot of work load and you are expected to work a lot, even if they won't say it officially - there's too much work load and there's not enough people.
    In terms of career path they won't invest in their employees, you're are expected to learn about the product and solve cases. They would not send you to other courses and\or certifications. for instance you'd be expected to support auditing on Oracle DBs but they won't send you to an Oracle training (and the list goes on and on).

Advice to Senior ManagementStart hiring the right people for the job, invest in the people you already have, change the management!!!

Nice company to work at.

Senior Professional Services Consultant (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsInnovative technology, good people and managers. Possible to get promoted and explore new areas of career path.

ConsNot a generous company in terms of compensation and benefits, sometimes getting things done in personal terms taking time and requiring patience.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more generous in terms of benefits and compensation, allow faster promotions for oldcomers.

Worked for Imperva? Contribute to the Community!