Imperva Reviews

Good Company on the Path to Growth

Current Employee - SDR in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at Imperva has been like working for a start-up. There's constant change and if you're not a person who likes change then this is probably not where you should be. The atmosphere has always felt like family here; especially within individuals in my own department. I've met some incredibly wonderful and talented people here. I also love working for a company who prides themselves on producing quality products and are leaders in their space. Although, I don't know what the future holds for me here, I will always remember Imperva fondly for everything I've learned and the wonderful people who have helped me along the way.

Cons

2014 was a year of change.... A lot of change. For many, too much change. I would welcome being able to work from home a couple of days a week so as not to get into the daily grind of commuting 23 miles one-way. Other then the fact that they've always done it this way, there's no reason not to let us work remotely a couple days a week.

Too much change in such a short time can bring on anxiety and discord. Let's make sure we're doing one thing right before we move on to the next thing. Also, please consider letting some of us work from home a couple days a week like many companies are doing to make it easier for their employees to stay. Otherwise, I guarantee you'll probably lose some good talent.

Good

I have been working at Imperva

Pros

Great Technology - Best of breed

Cons

Entire company doesn't have an urgency to sell and lacks sales acumen.

Bring in leadership that has experience building a dynamic sales organization.

Going down........

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

could not think of one!

Cons

With a major shareholder civil law suite against the company (Don't believe me, google imperva law suite), CEO out, stocks down , major talents jumping the ship, the company is at down fall and will be sold soon.
    whether company will survive or not , now is not a good time for any body to join the sinking ship.

Awful

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None! Paycheck perhaps. Don't believe the four star reviews. All done by internal staff and sales people trying to portray the place as some thing that is not! unless you are desperate for a paycheck stay away from this place.

Cons

Too many: poor and incompetent management, high turn over, vital staff located overseas, outdated and old technology. How they get away selling this outdated software full of bugs and problems is beyond me! Can't wait to get out myself.

Imperva Response

Oct 22, 2014President & CEO

Thank you for your comments and criticism. I am sorry that your experience at Imperva has been so negative. It is important that employees are excited and motivated about the company and their own ... More

Great solutions, decent management, some process issues

Current Employee - Direct Sales
    Current Employee - Direct Sales

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They absolutely have the best data security solution suite anywhere, anyhow. Nothing else comes close.

Cons

A lot of the enterprise market is resistant to Imperva's new paradigm for security, but they are coming around. Also, the management being out of Israel does pose some cultural issues re urgency.

Streamline processes! Too much work to get an order completed.

Terrible Environment

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Not sure there are any except that it's a job at a company. If you need a job and have no other prospects...then ok, work here. I used to believe in the product but we've been having hard times with product sales so maybe a positive is that we'll likely get bought in the future. Who knows.

Cons

There are so many cons.... Look elsewhere. Fear-based culture. High turnover. Nasty, micromanaging VPs. CEO is mostly in Israel and this ship is run by VPs that manage by undermining. Makes for a dysfunctional environment.

What goes around comes around. People have long memories in the Valley and you never know when today's direct report will move on to become someone that will return the favor.

Garbage

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Good place for younger men and women to be used and abused........................

Cons

Their product line is a junk with full of bugs, obnoxious staff, lack of communications, directions, no respect and list goes on and on...........

Get a life! learn how to manage people, respect people, work with them, trust them, but then again if you had these values you won't be working for Imperva!

Great company to work for with great people.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Positive work environment, smart people and friendly atmosphere

Cons

Only con is there is no carrot at the end of the tunnel to have continued motivation.

Have upward mobility for sales team into a closing role.

Great company, wonderful people

Current Employee - RSM
    Current Employee - RSM

I have been working at Imperva full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This product has truly unique security solutions, and I never feel that I'm selling a "me too" solution.

Cons

There are occasional disconnects in communications between the US and Israel

Keep doing what you're doing, but foster better relations between sales and other groups in the company

Intense organic growth that results in lots of opportunity, but long hours to survive.

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Get to work from home or small region and decent travel opportunities.

Cons

Very long work hours. If you are not sales, takes a lot of blood sweat and tears to grow the organization. Current organizational model is not scale-able and not sustainable. People get burnt out easier than other companies I've been at. Only the very strong survive and even prosper.

Hire more regional managers to allow those regions to grow and not saddle upper management so much of the lower-level operations. This may be the case with sale, but not with the operations and support organizations.