Imperva

Imperva President and CEO Shlomo Kramer

Shlomo Kramer

Great company, wonderful people

RSM (Current Employee)

I have been working at Imperva full-time for less than a year

ProsThis product has truly unique security solutions, and I never feel that I'm selling a "me too" solution.

ConsThere are occasional disconnects in communications between the US and Israel

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, but foster better relations between sales and other groups in the company

Great company to work for with great people.

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time for more than a year

ProsPositive work environment, smart people and friendly atmosphere

ConsOnly con is there is no carrot at the end of the tunnel to have continued motivation.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave upward mobility for sales team into a closing role.

Poor management

I worked at Imperva full-time

ProsThey have some great hardworking people that are experts in their field.

ConsThe management is lost with no direction. They hired managers with lots of experience who still manage the way they did 20 years ago. In this culture it is ok for managers to disappear for months and come back to only harass and demean everyone around them while being no actual value to the sales cycle.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts hard to give advice when the management is the problem. Poor managers only deflect the problems they create on the people below them.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intense organic growth that results in lots of opportunity, but long hours to survive.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Imperva full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGet to work from home or small region and decent travel opportunities.

ConsVery long work hours. If you are not sales, takes a lot of blood sweat and tears to grow the organization. Current organizational model is not scale-able and not sustainable. People get burnt out easier than other companies I've been at. Only the very strong survive and even prosper.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more regional managers to allow those regions to grow and not saddle upper management so much of the lower-level operations. This may be the case with sale, but not with the operations and support organizations.

Nice company to work at.

Senior Professional Services Consultant (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Imperva full-time for more than 5 years

ProsInnovative technology, good people and managers. Possible to get promoted and explore new areas of career path.

ConsNot a generous company in terms of compensation and benefits, sometimes getting things done in personal terms taking time and requiring patience.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more generous in terms of benefits and compensation, allow faster promotions for oldcomers.

Difficult Place to Work.

I worked at Imperva full-time for more than a year

ProsShlomo is a leader in the industry and proves it. Great space in the market and top performer in security. The rank and file employees are dedicated and passionate about what they do. Great collaboration in teams and willing to help. Much pride in what everyone does to help customers. Very committed to the success of customers.

ConsThe positive culture in Israel doesn't exist in other locations, especially not in the US. Very long hours, no raises, very short staffed in GA and in services. High turnover in management that leads to a lack of trust overall by the lower level employees and starting over. Work hours are excessive and not recoginized. Travel expectations for field team is unreasonalble due to lack of staff. The corporate office environment is very uncomfortable.

Advice to Senior ManagementShlomo needs to get in touch with the people, seems to be isolated from the field and the issues at hand that will be a deterrent to desired growth.

Senior Product Support Engineer

Senior Product Support Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Imperva full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's one of the best security companies out there. The CEO is a leader in the security industry and the company is going the right direction.

ConsThe services department lacks engineers, there's a lot of work load and you are expected to work a lot, even if they won't say it officially - there's too much work load and there's not enough people.
In terms of career path they won't invest in their employees, you're are expected to learn about the product and solve cases. They would not send you to other courses and\or certifications. for instance you'd be expected to support auditing on Oracle DBs but they won't send you to an Oracle training (and the list goes on and on).

Advice to Senior ManagementStart hiring the right people for the job, invest in the people you already have, change the management!!!

High Turnover - there is a reason - check linkedin - don't let them fool you

I worked at Imperva full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are some really dedicated and talented people there. Great product and strong marketing team. Shlomo is a key security figure. Salaries are ok, but can be on the cheap end - make sure to negotiate, negotiate, negotiate! Be willing to walk away.

ConsCulture, promotions, they don't really invest in their people...only the select few....who stay. I feel kind of shady company/practices. Management definitely has own agenda, best & only interest = themselves. Bad commute location, bad food, dry environment.

Great, fast-growing security company

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Imperva full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI've worked at Imperva for over six years and I've seen it mature from a start-up to a successful, publicly traded company. Despite this growth, though, Imperva has maintained the same culture and focus that initially drew me to the company.

Pros include:
1. Talented and motivated employees - everyone I work with is great. There's no back-stabbing or office politics.
2. Long term vision - it is more fun to work at a company that meets its numbers quarter after quarter. Imperva's management team has the vision to make sure that we succeed.
3. Reasonable work load - while everyone needs to contribute, Imperva is not a pressure cooker. Employees can maintain work-life balance (if they turn off their smartphones when they leave the office).

Cons1. Lack of food options in Redwood Shores. I've had enough Specialties for two lifetimes.
2. Rather long commute for me.
3. Very little company gossip. No crazy stories or long-buried secrets.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay cool.

Growing Market Opportunity, Established Leadership, Competence in the DNA

I have been working at Imperva full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI've worked at companies with strong management teams, and I've worked at companies that had an exciting and growing market opportunity. At Imperva there is both, which is hard to find. I wake up in the morning wanting to engage in my work, and for the most part like people throughout most parts of the company.

ConsWe work hard here - most weeks I enjoy it - this is not a place to coast or hide out.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs we grow keep holding each team accountable for performance and core competency as has been done in the past - even as the skills mix of leaders may shift to those with experience running larger teams.

Worked for Imperva? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Imperva reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Imperva CEO Shlomo Kramer. All 31 reviews posted anonymously by Imperva employees.