Imperva

Anthony Bettencourt

Good

Former Employee - Administrative in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to work at!

Cons

Nothing bad to say, everything was really nice!

None

On the up and up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company and even better product. Company is making huge strides to correct some of the issues that have plagued it in previous years. New management is making some difficult but very necessary changes to help drive revenue.

Cons

Not the most exciting office environment. Previously there hasn't been much communication from senior management.

Keep up top-down communication and bringing in great leadership.

Imperva Response

Nov 13, 2014Head of HR

Thanks for your input! I agree that Imperva is a great place to be with outstanding products and people. I also appreciate your enthusiasm for the recent additions to our truly exceptional ... More

Good Company on the Path to Growth

Current Employee - SDR in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at Imperva has been like working for a start-up. There's constant change and if you're not a person who likes change then this is probably not where you should be. The atmosphere has always felt like family here; especially within individuals in my own department. I've met some incredibly wonderful and talented people here. I also love working for a company who prides themselves on producing quality products and are leaders in their space. Although, I don't know what the future holds for me here, I will always remember Imperva fondly for everything I've learned and the wonderful people who have helped me along the way.

Cons

2014 was a year of change.... A lot of change. For many, too much change. I would welcome being able to work from home a couple of days a week so as not to get into the daily grind of commuting 23 miles one-way. Other then the fact that they've always done it this way, there's no reason not to let us work remotely a couple days a week.

Too much change in such a short time can bring on anxiety and discord. Let's make sure we're doing one thing right before we move on to the next thing. Also, please consider letting some of us work from home a couple days a week like many companies are doing to make it easier for their employees to stay. Otherwise, I guarantee you'll probably lose some good talent.

Software Architect

Current Employee - Software Architect in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You'd be participating in an important endeavor, working at the forefront of technology. You will receive a lot of knowledge in the area of security. Like in many an Israeli hi-tech company, you'd be spoiled by our kitchens, trips and other events.

Cons

The job is often stressful as it is challenging to produce quality software on time. You will have to set your own boundaries, and it is up to you to feel comfortable with the level of stress that you want to endure in the long and short terms.

Carry on, guys. I'll tell you privately what I think.

Working at Imperva is a rewarding challenge

Former Employee - IT R&D Team Leader in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Former Employee - IT R&D Team Leader in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I worked at Imperva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1) Each and everyone working at Imperva has in-depth expertize in their area, these are professionals that you WANT to work with
    2) Team and department leaders are there to help you evolve and develop your skills even farther. They are also people who you can really talk to in tough times, and ones that you could consider as your friend.
    3) Imperva works hard to promote its own people to team leader/management roles.
    4) Great HR people - you feel their involvement in every non-technical aspect of the company. You get a lot of perks on an ongoing basis.

Imperva works hard to solve a range of technical and regulatory problems for enterprise companies. If you are technically minded, you will definitely find it interesting and rewarding to work at Imperva.

Cons

Imperva is a global company. You may be required to be flexible with your hours to be able to work with people in remote offices (and in different timezones) ...

A company that recruits the best, and deeply cares about its own

Current Employee - Knowledge Team Leader in Tel Aviv (Israel)
    Current Employee - Knowledge Team Leader in Tel Aviv (Israel)

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Caring. To the deepest level.
    Everyone helps everyone
    If there is a goal, we will achieve it. The company has a laser-like focus ability and a great team
    Established enough so it's not quite a startup, yet still very open and easy in its culture

Cons

Some employers of similar characteristics offer higher salaries for the same jobs.

Great, fast-growing security company

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at Imperva for over six years and I've seen it mature from a start-up to a successful, publicly traded company. Despite this growth, though, Imperva has maintained the same culture and focus that initially drew me to the company.

Pros include:
    1. Talented and motivated employees - everyone I work with is great. There's no back-stabbing or office politics.
    2. Long term vision - it is more fun to work at a company that meets its numbers quarter after quarter. Imperva's management team has the vision to make sure that we succeed.
    3. Reasonable work load - while everyone needs to contribute, Imperva is not a pressure cooker. Employees can maintain work-life balance (if they turn off their smartphones when they leave the office).

Cons

1. Lack of food options in Redwood Shores. I've had enough Specialties for two lifetimes.
    2. Rather long commute for me.
    3. Very little company gossip. No crazy stories or long-buried secrets.

Stay cool.

Great company, very professional team, yet fun. Excellent culture that promotes-from-within

Current Employee - Director in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Well run, good people, professional management team. The company has a get-things-done culture, focused on performance and a team effort to drive results. I've been promoted internally, and that seems to be a general pattern: if there are good candidates internally, they are given the opportunity to advance their career.

I have worked at large and small companies, and when it comes to Sales, Marketing, Services and R&D, I find NONE of the tensions and rivalries I have experienced at other companies. That is refreshing. People pull together to get things done and solve problems, not point fingers. Also, relatively speaking, I find almost no politics to speak of, which is also a welcome change from other companies.

Cons

Coordination and communication can be challenging with a globally dispersed team, but that seems to work pretty well.

Growing Market Opportunity, Established Leadership, Competence in the DNA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at companies with strong management teams, and I've worked at companies that had an exciting and growing market opportunity. At Imperva there is both, which is hard to find. I wake up in the morning wanting to engage in my work, and for the most part like people throughout most parts of the company.

Cons

We work hard here - most weeks I enjoy it - this is not a place to coast or hide out.

As we grow keep holding each team accountable for performance and core competency as has been done in the past - even as the skills mix of leaders may shift to those with experience running larger teams.

Great place to work and grow

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Imperva has been a great place to work. I really feel like everyone here works together to common goal. And as the company has grown, I've been able to grow my own career as well as those of my team along with it.

Cons

We work hard. For me this is a positive, I can always expect a counterpart to do what they need to do. I guess it's not for everyone though. (At the same time for me and my team, at least, the company acknowledges this and allows for flexibility on work hours, etc. when it's possible).

n/a