Imperva

Updated January 25, 2015
Updated January 25, 2015

Imperva President & CEO Anthony Bettencourt
Anthony Bettencourt

A good company for a while, but eventually there are very good reasons to leave.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I worked at Imperva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- You can learn a lot while working in Imperva.
    - You can be promoted and feel like you have an impact.
    - You will find lots of nice co-workers.
    - The company is very successful.

Cons

- Benefits are above average, but not very attractive to top engineers.
    - Company is very demanding of its employees.
    - Work can get very boring eventually, as there is very little diversity in what the engineers do (so not much to be gained from switching teams).

- Improve benefits if you wish to keep the bar of engineers quality very high.

Great company to work for

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management gives clear direction, and supports you on your career path.

Cons

There isnt anything that stands out in my mind as a major problem. There are little things here and there that could be made better, but all companies have there little issues.

Jan 15, 2015Head of HR

Thanks for your comment. I am glad to hear that you have had a positive experience at Imperva. I agree that our CEO and our management here truly supports employees’ professional development. If you ... More

Good

Former Employee - Administrative in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work at!

Cons

Nothing bad to say, everything was really nice!

None

Jan 15, 2015Head of HR

Thank you for posting a review. We appreciate receiving any/all comments, concerns, and suggestions. Imperva is a great place to work--we have an excellent product, smart and hard-working people, a ... More

Terrible

Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good location outside of san fran and really good technology. The new product release is good and the creation of many hard working, dedicated people.

Cons

Leadership is terrible, untrustworthy, and has their own agenda. No one trusts this new CEO; he is plane and simple an attention seeking slime ball. Product management is painfully aware that the best days are gone and it is time to find a new job. Salespeople will leave en masse after quarter, product management looking for better, and engineering gets no direction.

Get out of the deep end of the pool and have some respect for shlomo who built what you are destroying. No one cares about where you traveled or what you did this week….that's your job.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - IT-Tech Support in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - IT-Tech Support in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great and supportive environment. You work with people who are concerned about you as an employee and as their friend. The IT team is top notch. Lots of experience and very innovative in dealing with a wide variety of issues 24/7.

Cons

There did seem to be some disconnect with a lot of the managers, but a very forward-thinking and energized CEO is helping everyone get back into the groove and most employees feel extremely positive about the foreseeable future of the company.

Stick with what is working. Push for a strong and positively motivated sales team. Market that which pays the bills, but don't be afraid to change the game every now and again. Keep that small company feel, even as the company sees a growth spurt.

Jan 15, 2015Head of HR

Thank you for your comment. Imperva employees are great – and you are right that our IT team is exceptional. It is because of our people and products that Imperva is doing well and continues to ... More

From Fabulous to FLOP

Former Employee - Senior Management in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Management in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great space, good product. Fair compensation and work-life balance in my role (not engineering). Those coming into Imperva now will be fine so long as they are brought in by or through the extended network of new CEO. The stock price will continue to rise for the next couple quarters. Some of the issues resulting from poor IT leadership, finance and legal are likely to be cleared up by new management.

Cons

Most concerning, the CEO and new executive staff lack integrity. To say Anthony Bettencourt is disingenuous is being generous. My advice, don't listen to what they say, their ACTIONS speak louder than their words. Sales employees are poorly compensated (I am not in sales), HR is a mess-poor decisions, short sighted, lack experience. IT, legal and others make doing business difficult.

I don';t believe management is open to or will seriously consider advice, so I won't waste my breath.

On the up and up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company and even better product. Company is making huge strides to correct some of the issues that have plagued it in previous years. New management is making some difficult but very necessary changes to help drive revenue.

Cons

Not the most exciting office environment. Previously there hasn't been much communication from senior management.

Keep up top-down communication and bringing in great leadership.

Nov 13, 2014Head of HR

Thanks for your input! I agree that Imperva is a great place to be with outstanding products and people. I also appreciate your enthusiasm for the recent additions to our truly exceptional ... More

Exit, stage left

I worked at Imperva full-time

Pros

Good products but when put to the test performance & scalability become issues. Numerous accounts have performance and upgrade issues. Support is good but as with any company it relies too much on email.

Cons

Slave to the machine. Middle management believes company first regardless of hour and/or day. Being an Israel company you are dealing with R&D and others that are 10 hours ahead of you so you're often taxed with early morning calls and late evenings. The work environment also dictates an on-call mentality regardless of the issue at hand.

Shlomo has brought in a new CEO to replace him and you can see the writing on the wall. The new CEO is bringing in his own team and the long tenured senior mgmt folks are either being shown the door or are looking for the exit signs.

Yes, rip out the middle layer.

Timberrrrrrrrr

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great food in the break room on a daily basis. very hard working team with smart engineers who make a good product that the market doesn't understand.

Cons

New management team replacing Kramir are complete tools and every senior engineer is looking for a job. the ceo conference calls are a comedy show meant to inspire but have most wondering how this was the best we could do. Every senior product engineer in the company is interviewing and leaving the company for another Valley opportunity. I work in office everyday, and its septic. People smile, go back to cubes, and continue their paid job search on company time.

CEO over his head, sell now and save yourself another failure of being forced to sell cause you are proven incompetent again. my friend worked with ceo at nother company and says this cat tries and is nice but not talented enough to deliver.

Nov 5, 2014Head of HR

Thank you for taking your time to provide input. I agree that we have great employees who are producing a world class product. Our number one goal is to retain our top talent and to add more of the ... More

Sales Development Representative

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Good and friendly culture among the EMEA SDRs. Supportive management and great possibilities to get good commission if targets are hit.

Cons

Technology sales is not the easiest, especially when there is a shortage in technical resources.