Imperva

Updated December 6, 2014

Imperva President & CEO Anthony Bettencourt
Anthony Bettencourt

Going down........

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

could not think of one!

Cons

With a major shareholder civil law suite against the company (Don't believe me, google imperva law suite), CEO out, stocks down , major talents jumping the ship, the company is at down fall and will be sold soon.
    whether company will survive or not , now is not a good time for any body to join the sinking ship.

Imperva Response

Nov 7, 2014President & CEO

Thank you for your note. It is unfortunate that you do not see the company as an exciting organization with a growing future. As you may have noticed from our recently released Q3 Financial ... More

Awful

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None! Paycheck perhaps. Don't believe the four star reviews. All done by internal staff and sales people trying to portray the place as some thing that is not! unless you are desperate for a paycheck stay away from this place.

Cons

Too many: poor and incompetent management, high turn over, vital staff located overseas, outdated and old technology. How they get away selling this outdated software full of bugs and problems is beyond me! Can't wait to get out myself.

Imperva Response

Oct 22, 2014President & CEO

Thank you for your comments and criticism. I am sorry that your experience at Imperva has been so negative. It is important that employees are excited and motivated about the company and their own ... More

Great solutions, decent management, some process issues

Current Employee - Direct Sales
    Current Employee - Direct Sales

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They absolutely have the best data security solution suite anywhere, anyhow. Nothing else comes close.

Cons

A lot of the enterprise market is resistant to Imperva's new paradigm for security, but they are coming around. Also, the management being out of Israel does pose some cultural issues re urgency.

Streamline processes! Too much work to get an order completed.

Terrible Environment

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Not sure there are any except that it's a job at a company. If you need a job and have no other prospects...then ok, work here. I used to believe in the product but we've been having hard times with product sales so maybe a positive is that we'll likely get bought in the future. Who knows.

Cons

There are so many cons.... Look elsewhere. Fear-based culture. High turnover. Nasty, micromanaging VPs. CEO is mostly in Israel and this ship is run by VPs that manage by undermining. Makes for a dysfunctional environment.

What goes around comes around. People have long memories in the Valley and you never know when today's direct report will move on to become someone that will return the favor.

Garbage

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Good place for younger men and women to be used and abused........................

Cons

Their product line is a junk with full of bugs, obnoxious staff, lack of communications, directions, no respect and list goes on and on...........

Get a life! learn how to manage people, respect people, work with them, trust them, but then again if you had these values you won't be working for Imperva!

Great company to work for with great people.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Positive work environment, smart people and friendly atmosphere

Cons

Only con is there is no carrot at the end of the tunnel to have continued motivation.

Have upward mobility for sales team into a closing role.

Great company, wonderful people

Current Employee - RSM
    Current Employee - RSM

I have been working at Imperva full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This product has truly unique security solutions, and I never feel that I'm selling a "me too" solution.

Cons

There are occasional disconnects in communications between the US and Israel

Keep doing what you're doing, but foster better relations between sales and other groups in the company

Intense organic growth that results in lots of opportunity, but long hours to survive.

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Get to work from home or small region and decent travel opportunities.

Cons

Very long work hours. If you are not sales, takes a lot of blood sweat and tears to grow the organization. Current organizational model is not scale-able and not sustainable. People get burnt out easier than other companies I've been at. Only the very strong survive and even prosper.

Hire more regional managers to allow those regions to grow and not saddle upper management so much of the lower-level operations. This may be the case with sale, but not with the operations and support organizations.

Poor management

I worked at Imperva full-time

Pros

They have some great hardworking people that are experts in their field.

Cons

The management is lost with no direction. They hired managers with lots of experience who still manage the way they did 20 years ago. In this culture it is ok for managers to disappear for months and come back to only harass and demean everyone around them while being no actual value to the sales cycle.

Its hard to give advice when the management is the problem. Poor managers only deflect the problems they create on the people below them.

Difficult Place to Work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Shlomo is a leader in the industry and proves it. Great space in the market and top performer in security. The rank and file employees are dedicated and passionate about what they do. Great collaboration in teams and willing to help. Much pride in what everyone does to help customers. Very committed to the success of customers.

Cons

The positive culture in Israel doesn't exist in other locations, especially not in the US. Very long hours, no raises, very short staffed in GA and in services. High turnover in management that leads to a lack of trust overall by the lower level employees and starting over. Work hours are excessive and not recoginized. Travel expectations for field team is unreasonalble due to lack of staff. The corporate office environment is very uncomfortable.

Shlomo needs to get in touch with the people, seems to be isolated from the field and the issues at hand that will be a deterrent to desired growth.