Improving Enterprises Reviews

4.6
Improving Enterprises CEO Curtis Hite
Curtis Hite

1. Dynamic place to work

I have been working at Improving Enterprises full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A company focused on building a community, promoting personal and professional growth, and doing right by the customer. Fun company culture, family-friendly environment.

Cons

Somewhat low pay, spikes in growth make it complicated to maintain coherent culture.

The company will benefit from more transparency.

2. If you want to be surrounded by excellent talent in a great culture, this is the place for you.

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Improving Enterprises full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Among the benefits of working at Improving is the ability to work and socialize with amazingly talented People across the Company, upon whom you can call for advice, information, and direction. Management gets People Leadership and the employees are very Team oriented. The focus on internal and external delivery of quality services leads to happy Clients and Teammates. Added to this is a culture that promotes continuous learning and fun.

Cons

Recent growth has strained the Company operations and culture a bit, including losing some of that personal touch with Leadership. They are working hard to maintain communications and relationships but it is often at the expense of personal time.

Communications is key (and it is hard). Over communicate. And may be time to restate the Company vision and goals and keep it in front of the rank and file.

3. Great place to grow

I worked at Improving Enterprises full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the culture that wanted to do great work and learn constantly, while still not taking themselves too seriously. Improving was and has been quite professional and focused on doing good work through the day, and then afterwards play some ping pong and share a beer.

Cons

Communication and a sense of camraderie is difficult in consulting where you may not be around other consultants on a constant basis.

Utilize the DISC assessments a little more to acknowledge people who prefer more communication, and then follow-through with keeping up with them once every week or so.

Great Company to Work For

I have been working at Improving Enterprises full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Improving has a lot of very smart yet supportive folks who make you feel like part of the team from day one. Everyone truly want you to succeed and they treat everyone with respect, and follow through on what they promise. They work hard, but also believe in maintaining a good work-life balance.

Cons

Not that it is a con so much, but many of the incentives offered entail activities after hours or on weekends, which can be tough for folks with families.

6. Best company I've ever worked for

I have been working at Improving Enterprises

Pros

Improving respects you as an individual with growth potential instead of a resource to be exploited. The enterprise growth model and the ImprovingU program ensure loads of opportunity to advance your career through promotions or through becoming better and more knowledgeable. Benefits are generous and include profit sharing as well as a yearly trip to Las Vegas with complimentary hotel and airfare.

Cons

Salaries struggle to compete with industry standards. The incentive program offers the chance to earn more through many different avenues of participation outside of the standard workday.

Upper management needs no advice; they "get it". If there are executives more capable of running a successful and responsible company, I have yet to encounter them.

7. Excellent organization, great people

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Improving Enterprises full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great learning opportunities
    Work varies regularly
    Wonderful team of people
    Office culture is great
    High quality technical talent

Cons

Salary is a bit low
    On-site client work presents challenges similar to other consulting agencies, but without the corresponding high compensation
    Client-focus incentivizes against personal growth

Figure out a way to incentivize (economically) personal growth
    Bump up hourly rates to allow higher salaries
    Consider adding a couple more pay grades to allow (and incentivize) more frequent leveling-up

8. Great company!

Current Employee - Principal Consultant
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at Improving Enterprises full-time

Pros

This company has the top technical talent in the DFW area, hands down. If you're looking to grow you're skill set, be on the cutting edge of technology, and solve some of the most challenging technical problems in the business, then this is the place to be. The management team is amazing and their door is always open whenever you need anything. In my opinion, this is one of the best places to work in DFW!

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to get noticed or move up in the company. It seems like varying amounts of effort must be spent outside of work to be noticed. This involves things like speaking, writing articles, organizing events, participating in after work activities and classes, etc. These are all great things that are important to the company and this type of behavior should be encouraged as extra credit, not take the place of excellence that is demonstrated during working hours. In effect, this seems to punish employees that don't participate in optional after work activities but strive for excellence during working hours.

9. Growing, Learning-Focused Company with Excellent Leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Improving Enterprises full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is a heavy focus on learning, teaching, & community. Company leaders genuinely want to see employees succeed, so they actively support employee professional & personal development. Leadership is good at making employees feel like part of Improving even when we're working across different client locations. The company is growing & employees are growing along with it.

Cons

There are a lot of learning events & social events. Deciding which ones to attend & making time to attend them can be a challenge.

Improving Enterprises Response

Jul 9, 2014VP Marketing

Thank you so much for your review. Your feedback is always welcomed and appreciated. Glad to see that you enjoy the community, teaching and learning aspects of the Improving culture. i know it can be ... More

10. Great Company with Employee First Focus

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Improving Enterprises full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a company full of intelligent, motivated, and creative employees from top to bottom, concerned with providing high-quality, professional services to our clients. Everyone is willing and eager to help each other grow and learn, and genuinely enjoys spending time together both at and away from work.

The leadership is dedicated to its employees in every way possible, not just in words. Improving truly is one of the best places you could ever work.

Cons

There are no cons of any significance. We do provide a discretionary matching 401k policy, which is clearly explained up front by our amazing recruiting staff, but the policy could be improved. This is a very minor downside given all the other benefits, amazing quality of life, and compassionate leadership! But if I had to find an improvement opportunity within my company it would be that we don't have a 100% match up to a certain percent. Please consider this in the future.

As we continue to grow, don't stop doing all the little things that make this an awesome place to work.

Improving Enterprises Response

Jul 9, 2014VP Marketing

Thank you very much for taking the time to do this review, your feedback is appreciated. Your comments regarding getting up to a 100% match for our 401K is a valued suggestion and one that we will ... More

11. The people make the company

I have been working at Improving Enterprises full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Get to work with the best of the best, learning opportunities, open communication from the CEO all the way down to the office assisant.

Cons

Not really a con, but growing pains cause for less personal relationships. They try hard though.

Don't lose sight of the culture you created. Consider spending more on employees to retain the best of the best.

Improving Enterprises Photos