Impulse Technology

Updated November 10, 2014
Updated November 10, 2014
2.0

CEO

Not the worst place to work, but surely not the best

Former Employee - Network Technician in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Network Technician in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Impulse Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

In the beginning this was a fun place to work you will get your hands on different equipment that you may not get to play around with in a production environment. The immediate coworkers were pretty cool for the most part just like anywhere else. You get a pretty decent amount of freedom and they do understand that things do happen in case you need time off.

Cons

This place definitely uses the "Good ol' boy system" so if you're in good for you, but if you're not, you should probably start looking. They don't focus on certifications or higher learning. In fact I think I was the only tech with any certifications at all. Mgmt can be a little sketchy at times, but for the most part they are ok. I'm talking about upper mgmt. Lower mgmt is quite flaky and to be blunt I would rather rather make a deal with the devil and sell my soul then work with lower mgmt ever again. The biggest regret about working there is that I should've spent more time looking for another job.

Big Promises are hard to keep

Former Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Impulse Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They promise you the world and with unhindered opportunities. Their slogan is "excellence" Benefits are ok and if you are one of the successful reps, you can take time off as desired.

Cons

Some senior staff can be really childish in the way they handle certain situations. A lot of bending the rules or making exceptions to policies to make things more comfortable for them. No true "training" and sink-or-swim environment.

Promote from within and stop with the corporate-style control. This is not a large company and management style should reflect reality. Give everyone a chance to contribute to more co-op style projects instead of the "everyone for themselves" mentality. There needs to be a much better sense of direction from management and more accountability for mistakes and blunders instead of the "I didn't say that" "I don't know know what you're talking about" responses.

Not a place for growth, innovation or advancement.

Former Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Impulse Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

An opportunity to get exposure to the wholesale IT industry for a newbie. Not much in the way of management layers so if you want you can talk to the owner daily you can.

Cons

No opportunities for career growth. You are pretty much on a island from day 1. Very little collaboration. No desire by management to take any risks or try anything new.

Trust good people when you have them and provide more than a desk and a phone. Put a little more skin in the game.