Imta Reviews

Tino Oldani

1. Not a bad place to work, if you're Italian

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

I worked at Imta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly employees and the environment never ceases to present new challenges. Smaller companies are more agile and handle change better. Tino is a great guy to work for. Being an Italian run company offers some unusual work circumstances which I personally enjoyed.

Cons

Being Italian run, most of Tino's managers favor the Italian employees; promoting them ahead of others. Training was not open for discussion while I worked there.

Advice to Management

Tino, replace a good portion of your senior management and you'll have a great company. While some are fair, several have no problem showing favoritism and acting in a masochistic way.

2. Very Dis-Heartening

Former Employee - Ops Manager in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Ops Manager in Rockford, IL

I worked at Imta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no Pros to speak of.

Cons

You are treated like a step child, do as upper management says not as they do.

Advice to Management

Get on board to the 21st century, the way you treat your employees is terrible and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

3. Eh

I worked at Imta

Pros

Was ok some of the time

Cons

Wasn't ok some of the time

Advice to Management

Do better

5. Disapointed!

I worked at Imta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Familiar with the products as a former employee.

Cons

lack of stability, organization and ethics.

Advice to Management

poor management style, needs updating.

6. Director of Finance & Contracts managing accounting and contracts employees work.

Former Employee - Director of Finance & Contracts in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Director of Finance & Contracts in Washington, DC

I worked at Imta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people and management were great to work with.

Cons

The commute was 4-5 hours per day and got to be too much.

Advice to Management

Management should be more flexible with employees.

7. CNC Machinist

Former Employee - CNC Machinist in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - CNC Machinist in Rockford, IL

I worked at Imta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job. It'll pay the bills.

Cons

Do you want to work for a company that doesn't care about you or your family? Do you want to work for a company that will write you up for not working overtime? If your asked to work 12hr days 5-6 days a week, then that's what they expect or suffer the consequences. You'll be perceived as not being a team player if you don't. Then watch out! Do you not care about the company changing your hours from day to day with little to no notice? Do you want to work for a company that points fingers first instead of taking issues as opportunities for improvement? Do you want to work for a dictator? Do you want to work for a company that has a culture which is ran by fear? Do you want to work for a company where you feel you have no job security? Well this is the company for you. Also the company has issues getting work, which means you should be prepared for the roller coaster ride of having work then not having work. Working today and getting laid off tomorrow. I hated going to this place everyday. Good luck.

Advice to Management

Manage your operation better. Develop solid processes. Care about your people. Take individual mistakes as an opportunity for continuous improvement. The quality department should be driving continuous improvement and management should be working on developing the culture. Trust in your people to do the job and get it done.

8. Nothing but Lies!!!!!

Former Employee - Manager in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Rockford, IL

I worked at Imta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have none, you do what they say and not what they do. They are extreme micro-managers. What they (President, HR & Future Boss) tell you in the interview is completely different once hired. They (President, HR & Future Boss) make you feel like an outsider from day one.

Cons

They do not support their employees and do not care for them; they are only after the bottom line (Money). I was told in the first 90 days by the president that all he wanted was for his employees to smile. They do not give you the chance. This is by far the worst work atmosphere that I have ever worked and gave up a good job for these folks and in return they let me go less then 50 days of hire. They told me that prior management was forced out by the employees on the floor, as I learned the people on the floor were great and just need someone to talk to, I was told by some employees that they do not even try to learn managers names because they know they will not be here long enough. The bottom line is true as management is the problem PERIOD...

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your employees and communicate, this is a tight club and they need to really look deep as their weaknesses are sitting right across from them everyday at 5:30pm.

RSS Feed </> Embed