In-N-Out Burger
www.in-n-out.com Irvine, CA 5000+ Employees

In-N-Out Burger Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2013's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros:
  • "Friendly coworkers, great pay, great place for a part-time gig"
    in 30 reviews
  • "Good Pay, great learning experience, teaches good work ethic"
    in 24 reviews
Cons:
  • "Fast-paced, which can get very difficult, especially in my store, which is just off the freeway"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Selective of full time candidates"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company if you get hours.

Associate Level III (Current Employee)
    Addison, TX

ProsAlot of free company events. Great team working environment.

ConsI dont get enough hours sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont hire too many people that can only work the same time of day.

Excellent, takes care of its associates well.

Corporate Tech Support (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsPositive atmosphere, full of team players. Managers are very interested in your development.
    Felt good going to work, managers cared.

ConsPay is lower in scale at the corporate end, but it is made up for by the environment.
    Crowded.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being proactive in the development of your employees! Truly best part of working here.
    Employees really benefit from feeling important and relevant. Probably the most important aspect of a manager is to make your employees feel appreciated.

It is a high volume quick pace but fun job most days.

Clean Up (Current Employee)
    Fairfield, CA

ProsGood pay, works by a levle sestem, not how long you have been there but how fast you lern and get raises. good benafits, 401-k, company outings.

ConsIts a highschool mostly work place, so some dramma in locker areas some times. may not always get your hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementCurently! Watch the temper, agesive atatudes are cotagious, and we hier smiles. its hard to smile when you are so afraid to make a mistake and get told to just clock out and get out of your store! Now... this is just the curent uper, we have had 4 others who wher good..

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's like being a part of a family

Level III (Current Employee)
    Chandler, AZ

ProsThe people are wonderful. Everyone gets along great and it's always a good time when you're at work. There is never any crazy drama between associates that prevents us from doing our job right.

ConsYou work really hard and it's easy to become frustrated or overwhelmed especially with costumers. You are constantly moving or doing something, if you're not, then someone will give you something to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice, management is doing a great job! They always come into the stores and check up on us to make sure we're keeping up on quality.

It's an enjoyable fast paced work environment.

Associate Level V (Current Employee)
    Northridge, CA

ProsStart at $10.00 per hour
    Flexible work schedules
    Taking a vacation is not a problem
    Employees are engaging to newcomers

ConsSometimes managers are not attentive to inventory and a rush comes in and employees must restock kitchen instead of attending to customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep track of inventory
    Keep a light mood in the kitchen with conversation, jokes or singing

Great Job for students. Not for someone looking for a stable job.

Order Puller (Former Employee)
    Long Beach, CA

ProsGood Pay. Starting at 10 an hour with advances at every level.
    Lots of responsibility (for a burger joint)
    Room to move up.

ConsNo hours. This is actually why I had to leave. I had 6 hours a week by the end of my employment, and I was a good employee; getting 4 raises in 3 months.
    If you are a student its great but if you need to pay rent and bills you won't be able to afford to stay with them

Advice to Senior ManagementHire less employees for more hours.

Like a Well Oiled Machine!

Level 6 Cook (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

Prosfamily company, christmas presents for every employee every year, bonuses for employees for reaching sales goals, high energy atmosphere, very detailed training sets one up for success, work with school/second job schedules

Consonly burgers, fries, and shakes..... I went to culinary school while working there, so it wasnt enough for me once I graduated. Also, if an employee wants to move up the corporate ladder, there is ALOT of competition

It has been amazing working for a company that doesn't take its employees or customers for granted.

Level III (Current Employee)
    Frisco, TX

ProsGreat attitudes of all associates. Managers are just as hard working as employees. Great base pay for employees. Chance to move up in company. All around very clean place.

ConsHonestly I can't think of any cons. It has been my best work experience yet. Awesome job to have.

Fun but extreme hard work and perfection

Associate (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe pay at Innout is good for a fast food restaurant. Most of the managers are laid back and cool. They always use positive phrases. They always says their pleases and thank yous. Coworkers will tell you good job all the time.

ConsThe main priority is to keep the customer happy, no matter what. It is a bit stressful, because Innout gets so busy. Its a lot of hard work to do. No matter what position you are in, it gets stressful.

Fun working with friends. If you're just wanting a part-time job, it's great! HoweverI would not recommend a career here

Level 6 (Current Employee)
    Orem, UT

ProsDecent starting pay
    Flexible schedule
    Paid holidays (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
    Really good benefits for full-timers, for part-time they offer good vision, and dental insurance.

ConsIt sucks working late night shifts all the time.
    Open until 1am on weekdays and 130am on weekends, so if you close be prepared to become an insomniac.
    Managers often make false promises.
    Very political
    A lot of gossip in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't waste people's time. I wanted to make a career out of In N Out, and have been working towards becoming a manager for the last 2 years. I've been put on the back burner several times it seems like, and have even been passed up by other associates who had done nothing, training wise, to be promoted. Dishonest upper management participates in rumor spreading and gossiping.

Worked for In-N-Out Burger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at In-N-Out Burger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for In-N-Out Burger CEO Lynsi Martinez. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by In-N-Out Burger employees.