In-N-Out Burger Reviews

320 reviews filtered by
4.2
In-N-Out Burger President Lynsi Martinez
Lynsi Martinez

Pros
  • Hours are great, fast paced work never a dull moment so work goes by fast, Great pay starts at (in 45 reviews)

• Good Pay, great learning experience, teaches good work ethic (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, hard work , very fast paced, dealing with difficult customers (in 19 reviews)

• Hard to become a full time worker, due to them being required to offer health benefits after a certain amount of hours (in 12 reviews)

1. Great company

Former Employee - Associate in Marina del Rey, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in Marina del Rey, CA

I worked at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

They care for the employees. Good pay

Cons

They make you work for your money

Dont have too high BPMs

2. What a hamburger is all about.

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

excellent pay, management, flexible scheduling,

Cons

There are none that come to mind.

3. The company culture is great, if you are a hard worker your efforts will be recognized and rewarded

Former Employee - Level 7 in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Level 7 in Orem, UT

I worked at In-N-Out Burger part-time (more than a year)

Pros

My favoite part of the job was the human interaction that I had with fellow employees and customers a-like. Everyone likes INO.

Cons

This job can be very physically demanding and requires many hours of being on your feet. If you hit it hard at the gym the day before you felt it the next day.

I would say that my only advice to management is to encourage your employees to go to school and get an education. Not that getting an education was discouraged, but I felt that it was not encouraged and looked down a little

5. Very quick paced with customer service as a top priority.

Former Employee - Associate Level V in Moreno Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Level V in Moreno Valley, CA

I worked at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

Great things include better pay than typical fast food restaurants, perks like 401k vacation and insurance available even if you're part time. Employees are appreciated and rewarded for great work and meeting store goals. Thwy work really well with your schedule. it's very easy to get raises. Promote from within.

Cons

Working pretty much every weekend. As with pretty much every place you can work, favoritism is part of everyday life.

6. Great Company

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

Great Atmosphere and great management. Tons of room to rise in the company with hard work. Great Benefits as well.

Cons

Need good customer service skills.

7. Everything You Hear is True

Current Employee - Level 7
    Current Employee - Level 7

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

Team Environment, Medical Benefits, Flexible hours

Cons

Physically Taxing, customers are VERY high maintenance

Earn our Money

Current Employee - Level 6
    Current Employee - Level 6

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

Its fun, especially once you get the hang of things. They hir great people, and if they dont those people usually end up not liking it and quitting. Store managers generally stay the same, but lower level managers they rotate a lot, so that all managers get all different kinds of experience. They rely on good training to keep things going. They pay good, especially for a first job, but f you are looking to get into management fast, look elsewhere. They hire from within, and you work your way to the top no matter how old you are or what your experience is. Your success is dependent on how quickly you can master things, so pick up on everything that goes on, and how higher levels do things.

Cons

You work HARD. If you dont want to work but need a job, go look somewhere else, because you earn your money every day. Cooks go home smelling like SH** every day because they sweat and handle raw meat, melting cheese, and grilled onions. Fry guys sweat and deal with salt and oil from fries. You are constantly moving, which can be a con to some. Also, getting into management is a game of cards. You have to play them right to get there. It is also pretty corrupt. Expectations are not the same across the board for everybody.

Give your cooks, board people, and fry guys water breaks more often than you think they may need them. Its hot as a mofo. Also, to whoever tells us when cooks get fans: it must be nice driving your air conditioned cars around. Give us our fans year round. lord knows you dont want to stand in front of a 350 degree hot plate all day without one.

It's a trap

Current Employee - Associate Level IV
    Current Employee - Associate Level IV

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay is good as long as you get enough hours. Flexible hours and benefits

Cons

I am currently working at the busiest store in the company. And any associate and/or manager can tell you that in order for us to maintain a certain level of speed and efficiency with have to take shortcuts. But if you're seen taking these shortcuts (as everyone else does) you are threatened with a write up. You can be doing an amazing job at the task you are given and recieve no recognition or acknowledgement for your work but if you at any point fall behind regardless of whether it was in or out of your control management is standing behind you chastising you for your subpar work. Trying to voice your opinion to a manager is useless and seen as talking back when all they want to hear is a "right on".

New strategies should be implemented when it comes to training associates. For the store to run successfully communication is key and when you put someone to work on fries there should always be a supply of extra totes in the back instead of waiting last minute and lashing out on the fry person for falling behind, the same goes for so many other positions inside the store. Managers need to cut back on their power trip and start managing

10. Best job ever.

I worked at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

Up beat work environment. Always meeting new people. Time goes by when your busy. Chance to progress and make allot of money.

Cons

Always changing shifts and sometimes short staffed. Getting off work and smelling like a grill and burger. Always having to shave.

Nothing really to add here.

11. great food service job

I worked at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

Great team environment, lots of training. Structure of management is clear and you can work your way up accordingly. Free meals when you work! And of course above average pay.

Cons

The hours can vary a lot and it depends on your managers how accommodating they are of your schedule. It sucks to close when there's a concert or event nearby, or having to work on a holiday. INO is only closed Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter so every other day is considered a normal working day, no overtime.

It's INO. They've been around for 60+ years and have been very successful by sticking to their traditional values. Keep doing what you're doing but try to diversify those going into management.