In-N-Out Burger

www.in-n-out.com
  www.in-n-out.com

In-N-Out Burger Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2013's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.
4.2

In-N-Out Burger President Lynsi Martinez
Lynsi Martinez

Pros
  • Hours are great, fast paced work never a dull moment so work goes by fast, Great pay starts at (in 45 reviews)

• Good Pay, great learning experience, teaches good work ethic (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, hard work , very fast paced, dealing with difficult customers (in 19 reviews)

• Hard to become a full time worker, due to them being required to offer health benefits after a certain amount of hours (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

fun

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Oceanside, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Oceanside, CA

I worked at In-N-Out Burger full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

fast paced. good money. fun.

Cons

hard work. smelly. have to work all holidays.

Great place for students to work. If you are a high school/college student this is a great job to get you by.

Former Employee - Cook in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Cook in San Diego, CA

I worked at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

The people that work there are typically students with similar personality. Everyone on the team is very friendly. Another added perk is the fact you get free food when you work, but that is assumed that every restuarant chain would provide that benefit

Cons

The work. It is very labor intensive but the work environment is enjoyable because of the staff. In-N-Out is becoming too strict and coming down hard on policies. I had some of my best times working at In-n-Out when I was first hired. I was an employee for 5+ years and have seen alot of change recently.

In-N-Out is being over runed by policies from corporate. Keep promoting a fun environment. The food is awesome and so are the employees.

Not what a employee promotion is allllll about....

Former Employee - Associate in Baldwin Park, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in Baldwin Park, CA

I worked at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

Flexibility with school schedule, friendly overall environment.

Cons

Coming home smelling like french fries and grease. Favoritism among certain managers and associates, leading to petty disputes and conflict.

Ensure ALL associates are happy first, and the customer service will follow.

Strict, but pays the bills, nice to work in a team that is all the same age

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

Its nice working with a group of people your age. management is a little strict and if you don't want to exceed everyone's expectations there is a good chance you can become an outcast.

Cons

They play favorites, sometimes you can get in trouble for nothing, just make sure you have a good perception and relationship with management. Learn to ask questions about their life.

Dont be so rigid

good first job when you are still going to school

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

you can have flexible hours

Cons

no health benefit if not full-time.

keep the hours flexible as the way it is right now

it has been my foundation to future opportunities

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

if you start while your in high school the pay is great compared to any other at that young age. Most of the other associates are also the same age lots of fun

Cons

out with the old in with the new. The younger one don't know any better all they see is the $$$$$ they will do what ever you ask of them once that money horse is done move them along.NEXT

practice what you preach. Also set realistic goals that can be met without hurting quality,service,and cleanliness

Excellent, Great opportunities for growth

Former Employee - Senior Management in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Management in Irvine, CA

I worked at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

Great salaries, Is a type of job that can help you accomplish the american dream. The opportunities of growth are endless. If you have what it takes this is the job for you

Cons

Lots of pressure, work long hours. The higher you move up the more they own you. Extremely stressful for small situations. Dealing with lots of teenage kids.

Yes, She is doing an excellent job at running the company. I know that the company will grow with time. She has leadership in her blood. We need to show honest support and better communication between the ranks.

horrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hesperia, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hesperia, CA

I worked at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

good pay and opportunities to move up within the company. where good when it came to customer service and cleanliness.

Cons

Sends employees home after working a hour, Didn't train just threw me out there to figure things out on my own, and wouldnt work around school schedules.

Work with employees school schdules since you pride yourself on family and school coming before work. And train employees properly.

Great experience with co workers and environment

Former Employee - Level II in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Level II in Buena Park, CA

I worked at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

Good atmosphere and hour salary for a hamburger joint

Cons

Many employees are young so they may bring the high school mentality into the job