In-N-Out Burger

Updated November 19, 2014
4.2

In-N-Out Burger President Lynsi Martinez
Lynsi Martinez

Pros
  • Hours are great, fast paced work never a dull moment so work goes by fast, Great pay starts at (in 45 reviews)

• Good Pay, great learning experience, teaches good work ethic (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, hard work , very fast paced, dealing with difficult customers (in 19 reviews)

• Hard to become a full time worker, due to them being required to offer health benefits after a certain amount of hours (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

You won't regret this job...if you can smile and work hard.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay. The company treats you better than any company can.

Cons

It's growing fast and losing some of the family feel.

Keep it up.

Amazing Job to work For

Current Employee - In N Out Associate in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - In N Out Associate in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good paid, free food and great benefits

Cons

really fast paced and work around the clock

Level 7

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

Great workers fast paced really fun job

Cons

Always on your feet sometimes rude customers

overall a good experience

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay for type of work done. They are very cooperative about school schedules. Good benefits.

Cons

Management in some stores can tend to play favorites as to who gets promoted.

Understand that when you lose interest in current people working on their way up for new favorites can really destroy the moral of the store.

Amazing experience

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger part-time

Pros

You get a great pay, free meals every time you work, great environment, and you feel like you are part of a family.

Cons

You don't work according to your schedule. You'll work for at least 6 hours a shift.

Best fast food burgers!!!

I worked at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

Fair workload and pay, and a daily meal. ;-)

Cons

It's fast food, so it's not a career for most people unless you go into management.

Working at In-N-Out is a life-consuming, fast-paced, conservative place to work at.

Former Employee - Associate Level IV in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Level IV in San Jose, CA

I worked at In-N-Out Burger part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Super easy to get promoted, reasonable pay, free burger (up to a double-double), fries and soda whenever you work, store parties (hockey games, Dave & Busters, go karting, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, etc.) whenever your store reaches its goals, generally all your coworkers are having a good vibes when you work, good hours, annual picnic.

Cons

Very conservative: No tattoos, piercings, or any hairstyles. TRANSFERS. The biggest con that I still don't really understand is transferring, I had been on medical leave for 4 months and during those 4 months, I moved from San Jose, CA to Tracy, CA. The transfer system goes like this for INO; you let your manager know you need a transfer, you talk to the store manager of the new store you would like to/need to transfer to and they confirm with you a date for an interview, you go to the interview at the new store, and depending on how you did and what kind of review you get from your previous manager, you get hired or you're SOL, meaning apply to another INO near you or resign from the company. What doesn't make sense to me is why I would have to go through an interview process if I was already employed with the company, I was trying to return for medical leave to help support my family, but the new store manager already seemed to have a prejudice against me before the interview and the hard work of two years i had put in with the company already was lost too.

Stop playing favorites. Every manager I have had is like another kid from high school, all their friends get the best jobs, most training, more acknowledgement. Treat everyone equally and help out your employees, that is what true leaders do. They get down and dirty with their comrades.

Great Company

Current Employee - Level 6 in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Level 6 in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, good starting pay, ability to move up, training, company activities.

Cons

Managers show favoritism, people who show interest in management move up faster than those who have been there longer. Depending on location the culture is a bit different.

Try to make associates feel more like you care. Many of the managers say they care, and that we can tell them anything, but don't follow through (management has been known to gossip as much as associates in Tucson).

In n out is the best part time job you can get!

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger

Pros

Fastpaced
    Good pay
    Possitive work environment
    Company perks such as party's and rewards for good work
    Super fun!

Cons

Not many cons! Just be prepared to work your butt off because they expect it!

Keep doing what your doing! :)

Awesome Company!

Current Employee - Associate Level III
    Current Employee - Associate Level III

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you work hard and can keep up promotions and raises are simple. You are always working on how well you work and what you can get better at. Company picnic with free food, fair rides, water park, and concert is included every year. You get very used to the people you work with, they become close friends. All employees get a gift for meeting burger quotas and safety. Over the course of my employment I got an mp3 player, a Bluetooth, glass chess set etc.

Cons

It's very frustrating because everyone you work with depends on each other. Therefore, if one person isn't doing their job, everyone else has to work harder. Like all jobs there are favoritism issues with managers. You have to be available always. Work-life can either be great or horrible. Associates are very competitive in this company, if you can't keep up, if you don't speak up about issues, and if you are very emotional, you may have a hard time.

Consider and appreciate all personality types. Many times the shy or quiet people are not appreciated. Although this may be their personality this does not mean they are not good workers or don't have the potential to be. Consider psychological and stereotypical aspects of employees. For example, men get raises easier because they can worker fryers or grills. Taller employees also get more attention because psychologically height is authority or potential.