InBev Reviews

Updated June 29, 2014
2.4

InBev CEO Carlos Brito
Carlos Brito

Great problems to solve, not so great work experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at InBev

Pros

Tough problems that need solving based on engineering, lots of room to grow within company. Great benefits included of all, even non-union

Cons

Having to deal with union workers every day was pretty abysmal. Lots of hours and lots of expected Over time

Thanks for your excellent service, your entire department is eliminated.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at InBev full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was lucky enough to work for August the III before the company sold. It was a great place to work before the buy-out.

Cons

Horrible treatment after the buy-out. Kept getting excellent reviews but no advancement opportunity. Had to hold your breath every November to January to see if you were getting cut. More work, same pay. Watched the new company hire new grads so they could pay them significantly less to do the same jobs for those who they forced to retire.

No point, they won't take it any way.

Getting worse...especially since Brito tookover!

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Riverside, CA

I have been working at InBev full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There is always work. If you are the type of person who enjoys working for the sake of working, come here. The only good thing I can say is that this company will give you work and more work. If you are the ruthless type, you will fit in here. This company is not for the faint hearted.

Cons

The pay. We are going to do more and get paid less. This company has lowered quality and I suspect this will cause it to lose more business.

Treat us like humans.

Its expierence, Brito is ruthless

Current Employee - Electrician/Process Control in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Electrician/Process Control in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at InBev

Pros

Bargaining unit gives you time to brace yourself for a up coming rough ride in contract negotiation; this i am thankful for. Good expeirence with technical skills. supervisors are good to work with for most part, upper managment is different story. Kind of like the government, they are so dissconnected from the people they are supposed to support.

Cons

learn how company hierarchy works. Learn how managment promotions are givin to those who lack expierence. Be prepaired to learn on your own; managment doesnt even know there own job because they are moved around so much; cant blame them, they are in the same boat.

why advise, you already know everything.....right?

Former pay from AB is great; hard work is no longer rewarded; just those who dance!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at InBev

Pros

Exposure to Sr. Management
    Everyone in one location is great and able to get things done quickly

Cons

Unable to make decisions... only one decision maker in departement - the VP.
    Too many interruptions, IM, walk-ups due to one floor,
    Everythying is manual and more processes are being put in place to create more bottle necks.
    What used to be great at AB is now the opposite at ABInBev.
    Principles are preached... but not followed

The people are all leaving because no one wants to fix the problem.

Run for cover

Former Employee - Marketing Coordniator in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordniator in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at InBev

Pros

The comapny was great to work for when it was Anhuser-Busch

Cons

They bought out the company I previously worked for. Laid off tons of people. Including employees that worked for AB for over 15yrs and did their job afficently. I was one of the last to get laid off in my department. However, with each lay off came a younger and more incompitant replacement. They would take recent college grads and young proffs with 1-2yrs when clearly more experienced was needed. The only reasoning I could come up with was with talking to a few of the new employees their salaries were conciderably lower than the previous. Point being this: hard work will NOT be rewarded and once you start to aquire experience and will be deserving of a pay raise you will be replaced by someone younger to cut costs.

Reward your current employees with a job well done not a compasation package and boot out the door. Simply for the fact that you just bought and took over one of their companies

What's To Like?

Current Employee - Group Manager in Cartersville, GA
    Current Employee - Group Manager in Cartersville, GA

I have been working at InBev

Pros

Working at InBev provides many valuable lessons in how NOT to run a business.

Cons

A shoddy, third-rate operation on every level. The U.S. plants have become disgusting and dangerous places to work under InBev, as safety and sanitation are not part of the cost-cutting culture.

Senior management holds its employees in contempt, yet wonders why no one is "engaged." The reasons for the mass exodus taking place now as the economy improves seems to be truly lost on them, despite nickel and diming employees since the takeover (the ones who haven't been fired, that is), right down to passing along the $50 a year fee to manage your 401K account.

Lights are kept turned off in all office areas, and in many parts of the plants as a rule.

The culture of "Meritocracy" is a farce. Bonus payouts are not based on extraordinary performance, they are based on narrowly defined targets, set at the beginning of the year, and don't seem to be much more than a mirage to keep employees chasing after pay that the old A-B would have already distributed in merit increases over the past 2 years.

As a stockholder in several competing companies, let me just say: please don't change a thing.

Cost cost cost....who cares about anything else

Former Employee - Engineer V in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Engineer V in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at InBev

Pros

A known company. Everyone knows your products.

2 cases a month...while it lasts....

Cons

All they care about is cost. 120 payment terms to suppliers? No one wants to work with you due to that.

Open office enviroment causes a lot of negativity. The only way to make more money is to become a manager. Makes people not want to talk to eachother, or work with eachother. A lot of backstabing involved.

No one cares about technicals, only powerpoints. Everyone is managing upwards. Managers do not care about employees under them.

Everything is about cost... and they sacerfice quality.

Brito needs to understand the total cost is important. Not just procured costs.

not bad....

Current Employee - Group Manager
    Current Employee - Group Manager

I have been working at InBev

Pros

encourages learning
    OT is there if you want it

Cons

too much low hanging fruit getting away with too much

get rid of the low hanging fruit
    tell us the truth - dont tell us that abi wants the best and nothing but the best but instead continues to cut benefits, reward those who dont perform, and destroy morale

Ruthless to employees and suppliers

Former Employee - IT Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at InBev

Pros

AB InBev loves money, in fact, they worship it. Pay and bonus are higher than standard but it comes at a high price to your humanity.

Cons

Little respect for others in the workplace. If you care about people then this is not the culture for you. Their culture is simple, "the end justifies the means". Lying to employees is at the heart of the culture.

Your culture will clash with many Americans. As the public understands the culture and the company behind the product. Many Americans will not drink your beer.

InBev Photos