InComm

Be The First To
Add Photos

InComm President & CEO Brooks Smith

Brooks Smith

Pros:
  • "Parking or MARTA transport is provided"
    in 3 reviews
  • "The work-life balance is excellent"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Management has no leadership or people skills"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Upper Management Team has no real respect nor appreciation for those that work under them"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Strong market presence and an abundance of career growth opporuntunities

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time for less than a year

ProsCarries a large portion of the market share for their industry. Promote from within mentality. Solid benefits. There is still a lot of room for this company to continue to grow. There have been many positive aquisitions in their recent past as well as organic growth.

ConsOrganizational communication could be better. Moving from a start-up to a more mature company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the current direction and the sky is the limit. Continue to hire those with 'ownership' mentalities.

Company Review

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm as an intern for less than a year

ProsFriendly people and great location

ConsHorrible upper level management. I've had many other internships with several companies and I have never seen such poor documentation and basic level procedures such as here. There is no sense of direction whatsoever. Turnover rate is higher then it should be. This company is just over 20 years old and I don't understand how it's come so far with such poor management. The company is biting off more than they can handle.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have established basic processes, documentation, data collection a lot sooner, not after 20 years being in the business.

Growing entrepreneurial company. Innovative and fast-paced.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at InComm full-time for more than a year

ProsLarge customer base, growing market share, entrepreneurial. Lots of new things to work on and reactive to market. Great pay and benefits. New senior leadership is inspiring and supportive.

ConsRapid growth equals rapid change. Some systems need replacement and systematic processes introduced and adopted.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with the current plan and give employees time to adapt. Plug revenue leaks with solid process.

Very Cool Company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at InComm

ProsLots of cool projects, very nice people, great location

ConsStruggles with process, lots of turnover, entrenched management with no people skills

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder on developing a more people-focused culture.

Great Company if it wasn't for upper management's micro management

Supervisor, Customer Care (Current Employee)

I have been working at InComm full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood pay, great vacation time, wonderful coworkers, Competitive 401k.

ConsMicromanagement, turnover, obsessive acquisitions, little training, low pay for hourly workers and inconsistent disciplinary action processes

Advice to Senior Managementstop micro managing, increase base pay, consult lower management before introducing stupid processes that bug down the company. move away from spreadsheets

Consistant change and re-org

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at InComm full-time for more than a year

ProsGood pay, no much pressure.

ConsConsisten changes and re-org, make future uncertain.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep consistent for a while.

Has potential but very low salary/pay

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at InComm full-time for more than a year

ProsAlways learning new things and most of the people that I interacted with were friendly.

They have company functions such as team spirit week and also volunteer month

ConsManagement doesn't know what they're doing or just lazy and the pay that the offer is much lower than the market pay range. Not quite organized with it comes to processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart holding people accountable

Lots of Potential But Needs An Overhaul

Sales (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time

Pros- Fast growing industry leader in the prepaid space
- Still privately owned
- Great office location with on-site gym for employees
- Free parking or MARTA pass for employees working from the downtown office
- Most coworkers generally friendly
- Aggressively working to develop technologies that are innovative in the prepaid space
- Good 401K program for full time employees
- Employee Referral program for select positions
- Partial Tuition reimbursement program

Cons- Very poor employee moral. Little appreciation for hard work and dedication. Little to no employee recognition.
- Not enough support staff. Too many VP's and not enough staff to actually do the work.
- Inability to work proactively. Almost everything is done based on a reaction to a problem.
- Extreme lack of internal programs to provide accurate reporting and customer relations management software. The whole company is run on spreadsheets. No central program to search for company, retailer, partner data.
- No real training for new employees
- No processes
- CEO extremely reactive and disengaged in overall business
- CFO acts as a stop gap and has too much control over all business decisions
- Lack of quality leadership/management (There are a few exceptions). Very little mentoring capability.
- No branding or direction for proprietary products
- No real programs for employee development and advancement
- More focus on the aesthetic look of the company than the efficiency and productivity
- "Boys Club" mentality demotivates employees

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee moral needs to improve immediately. Give them something to work. Start an incentive program and reward on a quarterly/annual basis. Call out superb performances and ideas. Not all of the best ideas come from the top. Look to your employees for suggestions on how to improve things. Take their suggestions seriously. It is fantastic that the company has grown so quickly! It's time to start putting money back in to improve the technology and reporting. You can't successfully run a company this size without CRM software. All groups of the company need to be able to go to one central location to search for customer info. Each group managing their own spreadsheet, Smartsheet, Sharepoint site, etc. does not cut it. Office renovations can wait. Focus on increasing productivity and accuracy. We do not need more directors and VPs. We need more support staff. The people doing the actual work are the backbone of any successful company. If you don't have enough and the one's you do have are unhappy, not properly trained, and unqualified then changes need to be made in order to keep growing. There is a lot of potential here and I would like to see some active attempts to start making improvements.

salary review for this company

I have been working at InComm full-time for more than a year

Prosfull time work guaranteed for employee

Consbad managementflexible schedule in their call center

Worst mistake of my career

Management (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time for more than a year

ProsPaychecks don't bounce.
There are at least a few halfway decent employees remaining (for now).
Turnover is so extreme that they can't afford to lose any I.T. people, so you will have plenty of time to make money while you find a real job elsewhere

ConsTurnover here is constant and chronic, multiple resignations happen every week in which valuable people just quit and walk out.
Morale is miserable, and no one is left who really knows the unstable transaction platforms - nothing is documented at all.
Severe crashes of the main platform last holiday season and massive management turnover has caused an unrecoverable mass exodus of talent.
Has a horrible reputation in Atlanta's I.T. community, only the dregs apply for open positions.
Unpredictable, absentee ownership is like a bipolar ghost that management is terrified of.
Management receives no equity compensation from ownership, so management is comprised of second and third-string players who can't compete in top-tier companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company quick for whatever price you can get. The holidays are closing in and your project to avoid another series of massive outages has failed. It would be better to come clean with your customers now than to subject them to another Christmas debacle. That's unfair to your employees and your customers.

Worked for InComm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InComm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for InComm CEO Brooks Smith. All 52 reviews posted anonymously by InComm employees.