InComm

InComm Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2014

InComm President & CEO Brooks Smith

Brooks Smith

Pros:
  • "Parking or MARTA transport is provided"
    in 3 reviews
  • "The work-life balance is excellent"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Management has no leadership or people skills"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Upper Management Team has no real respect nor appreciation for those that work under them"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Amazing Internship Experience!

Network Engineer Intern (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsI had a very good experience working with Incomm:

Got a lot of hands on experience in networking. Also expanded my horizon beyond routers and switches and into firewalls, load balancers, Wireless Access points, Wireless controllers etc. I also moved from a limited and specific knowledge of CISCO to being more vendor neutral.

I got to learn a lot from my team members who were very helpful with everything that needed to be done. I know a lot of interns at other companies who do not get do "Real stuff", but at Incomm, I was always helping my colleagues with real work. Even as an intern, I was made to feel that my work mattered.

I could always approach my boss or my teammates for any guidance or advice that I needed.
    The workload was good and challenging, and the best part was that my team was always there to help me whenever I needed them.

My manager and my team were very understanding and accommodating of the fact that I was taking classes at the same time that I was working. So when there were times that I would get really busy with labs, they would adjust my schedule accordingly.

The company is making a lot of advances with new systems and technology so that they become even more efficient than they already are.

Overall, it was a great experience!

ConsThere are no cons of Incomm that come to my mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are doing an amazing job at keeping Incomm running the way it is. Keep it up!

Challenging, Mercurial, and Forward Moving

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Pros-Definite commitment to advancing the technologies used in creating software solutions (on the cutting edge in many areas).
    -Renewed commitment to standardization in IT practices, but not in a way that stymies innovation.
    -New Senior management has started within the last 6 months and has made it clear that they want to make previous assessments of Incomm's IT reputation a thing of the past (and has shown tangible progress in that regard).
    -Strong virtualization presence.
    -Development teams are committed to modern methodologies.
    -Technical managers are top-notch.
    -There are very clear "rock-star" role model employees throughout the enterprise.
    -It's almost impossible NOT to grow in business and technical acumen while at Incomm.
    -Good employees advance through the ranks relatively quickly.

Cons-Hard to see the overall strategic landscape from the operational level.
    -Some teams lack discipline and work ethic (there have been tangible improvements in the last few months under new management).
    -Business/IT relationship can be challenging.
    -Priorities change regularly to respond to business needs.
    -Issue escalation processes are not well defined or followed (also improving under new management).

Advice to Senior ManagementThe strategic picture has been pretty hard to divine at the engineering/operational level in the last year or so. I feel that the higher level managers have spent too much time interested in tactical/operational tasks instead of investing their time in strategic initiatives and communication of that vision. Furthermore I hope to see those who should be more invested in the tactical/operational layers empowered to execute on senior management's strategic vision.

Great people and cool technology

Lead Systems Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsPeople, Office, Location, Technology, Benefits

ConsParking, Was experiencing some growing pains, but this was several years ago.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Extraordinarily Disappointing

Director (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Category and Pay opportunity

ConsDysfunctional Management Style
    Highly Nepotistic
    No Company Values Policy
    Sexist Management
    No existing processes, thus repeat efforts are consistently made
    The initial employees do not embrace more experienced, and smarter new employees..
    Very insecure and unprofessional...
    No Diversity efforts
    Human Resources is scared of CEO, thus no employee protection

Advice to Senior ManagementBe ready for Class Action Lawsuits
    Ripe for unionizing
    Monthly Birthday Cupcakes don't take the bad taste out employees mouths

Lots of opportunities

NOC Technician (Current Employee)

ProsLoads of opportunities
    Varied work
    Training is covered
    PTO hours are decent
    School is covered after 9mo
    Parking or MARTA transport is provided

ConsAppreciation is little and far between
    Understaffing is the norm
    Very high stress position in NOC
    Expectations are inconsistent and extremely high
    Demands change without warning
    High turnover
    Middle management is diconnected
    Upper management is completely out of the loop

Advice to Senior ManagementGet people who have a connection with the employees in place as managers to reduce turnover.

Still having nightmares about this place

Merchant Services Representative (Former Employee)
    Norcross, GA

ProsThe only pro was the people. I truly bonded with some coworkers during my time with this company...but as soon as that happened they usually got fired for no legitimate reason.

ConsManagement could care less about the employees. Merchant Service reps are treated like they don't matter even though they have one of the most important jobs in the company. The company keeps buying out other companies, therefore increasing the work load and expectations but not paying employees for it. Employees are treated like children, we were not allowed to have food or drink at our desks. We weren't allowed to go to the bathroom at out discretion. We weren't supposed to talk to each other or stand to stretch. Every offense was a final written warning. And they wonder why they would have 7 in a training class and only 2 or 3 would make it out. They don't keep employees long term and those of us that were long term were completely miserable. They make no allowances for family emergencies. If you didn't request off 3-4 weeks in advance and you don't come in, you might end up being suspended or worse. Management (excluding supervisors) use scare tactics instead of motivation to keep employees working. You couldn't go to HR with an issue because 1. There wasn't an HR rep on site and 2. If you decided to contact one downtown it would do you no good and possibly get you in trouble because the director of the department has buddies in HR. Merchant Services didn't get to participate in the company's employee appreciation week, we don't get invited to the christmas parties, we don't even get a mention in the companies intranet. We are peons and they make sure we understand that. I got lucky and found a new job with the most amazing company that actually appreciates hard work and rewards it, but I know that a lot of my friends are still suffering with this company and I can only hope they get out fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou want advice? See the cons comment...although it doesn't matter. You know what t
    You are doing wrong and you have no intention of fixing it. That's why all of your good employees leave. You may have been able to block me from internal promotions, but you couldn't stop me from leaving the company! I love my new manager and I know more about him in a week than I knew about you in 7 years. Good riddance Incomm!

Most of the people were great!

Sales (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThe company is large and growing.

ConsLet me just say some of the upper management, shouldn't be upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to all employees, not just not just the ones that have been there for years.

Very poor executive leadership and company culture.

Director, Business Development (Current Employee)

ProsLocation in downtown Atlanta is convenient
    Growth industry of gift cards
    Pockets of talent within large organization

ConsCharisma-less, non strategic senior leaders
    Only select, few insiders privy to advancement and professional respect
    Innovation and teamwork are not encouraged. A truly don't mess up environment.

We need to turn this company around

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proslocation, hardworking resources, nice office space

ConsManagement has no leadership or people skills

Advice to Senior Managementlead or get out the way

Fast-paced environment full of chaos, finger-pointing and stress

Atlanta, GA

ProsDecent salary and benefits; good experience and exposure to industry.

ConsExtremely disorganized due to the company's rapid growth rate. Growth rate: Good. Amount of thought and foreseeable planning: Bad. Very Bad. Common company culture is to throw an inexperienced employee into a situation, ask them questions they won't know the answers to and if management feels as if they don't measure up; terrorize aforementioned employee until they are so stressed and paranoid that they quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get some intuitive systems in place, i.e. Sharepoint. A company run on Outlook and Excel is simply a stresstank for everyone involved.

Worked for InComm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InComm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for InComm CEO Brooks Smith. All 60 reviews posted anonymously by InComm employees.