InComm

InComm Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2014

InComm President & CEO Brooks Smith

Brooks Smith

Pros:
  • "Parking or MARTA transport is provided"
    in 3 reviews
  • "The work-life balance is excellent"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Management has no leadership or people skills"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Upper Management Team has no real respect nor appreciation for those that work under them"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great for Now

Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Pros- Salary: I am new to the industry, the job world and am entry. I get paid pretty well (45K).
    - On Site Gym (ATL Office): This is super new but I love it. They are running promotions to get people excited.
    - People: Mostly everyone is nice. I haven't ran into anyone who really bothered me
    - Location: The heart of downtown. The building is connected to a building that has the marta station on it
    - Free Parking, Marta or GRTA Xpress
    - Employee Referral
    - Advancement oppertunities
    - Diverse

Cons- Unorganized processes
    - A lot of back and forth through email
    - Some people don't know how to do their job effectively

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advice managment to secure people who can help formulate true processes for the workers and make us stick to it. A lot of people just do what they want to do so it makes it really difficult to know what needs to be done.

Super groups of very skilled tech staff, extremely sensitive platform

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers!
    Very skilled and highly trained support and build staff.
    Conveniently located downtown near Centennial Olympic Park, Peachtree Center, World of Coca-Cola, etc.
    Better than average compensation

ConsNature of the gift card business puts highest load times on starting on Black Friday all the way through New Years. All systems support is in the office for shift work during that time.
    Brief production outages have huge impacts and full business awareness.
    Lack of communication between business units leads to everyone having to scramble to meet an unmovable implementation date.

Advice to Senior ManagementRefine the project management organization to properly integrate all business units to ensure that hardware procurement and provisioning occurs at the start of the project not a week before implementation.

So much potential but wrong management style

N/A (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsPay is above industry standard for some dept.
    Gift/Prepaid industry is booming.
    Location is great, right of Williams St near 85/75 connenctors
    Love the cafe

ConsManaged based on fear which results in employees fearful to reach out beyond their typical job functions.
    Basically, everyone works in a box because they are afraid to lend a hand.
    As noted by others, no training.
    No structure to process/procedure, everyone "wings it".
    They have a few tenured employees who know the ends and outs but they are too busy to help.
    It would be great idea to start pushing a funnel of suites/products instead of a bunch of custom.
    They need to back off sales momentarily so that the systems/IT can catch up.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop leading by fear. Change the culture by evaluating and terminating Directors/Managers based on employee feedback because they know who needs to stay and who needs to go. Stop with the managerial politics and work together.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast Paced Innovative Industry

Software Architect (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsinComm is the forefront industry for Pre-Pay, Physical Giftcard, Virtual Giftcard, and Bill Pay Solutions. Industry is fast paced and requires critical thinking, management, and technical skills. There is a work hard, play hard mentality. The end result is delivering innovative solutions to Merchants and Service Providers while building professional friendships that are the stuff of being in the trenches.

ConsIf the job is tied to network operation, application support or application implementation or management there-of, inComm are not for the faint of heart . The industry is 24x7 and is very tied to the retail industry and there-for the holiday season. Vacation and compensation time is generous.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue focus on innovative solutions that drive revenue and providing a good customer experience. If you build it, they will come.

Forgettable - The ultimate "pay the bills" job.

Merchant Services Representative (Former Employee)
    Norcross, GA

ProsRelatively stress free work duties.

ConsCall center hours, wages just a tad better than minimum wage, call center leadership is awful.

Advice to Senior Managementget to know employees and give people a reason to smile when they show up to work.

This place need some overhauling

Atlanta, GA

ProsGood job title and decent salary

ConsNo direction as no one seems to know where to find information

Abandon hope all ye who enter here...

(Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsPay and benefits were better than expected.
    Paid parking or Marta pass was a great plus.
    Coworkers were generally friendly and helpful.
    Centrally located in a great area in Atlanta.

ConsRidiculous churn/turnover. Reorganizations every 2-3 months. No one in management is held accountable. Senior leadership are clueless about risks, issues, and morale on the front lines. The cold war between the Business and IT makes it difficult if not impossible to get anything done.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold executives accountable. Enable and empower your middle managers and front line staff. Stop selling vaporware and focus on building quality products and services the right way.

InComm seems to have a lot of employee relation problems.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsSome people do get to work with cool technologies like Spring, JMS, WebServices, etc., and the pay is adequate.

ConsInComm is very bureaucratic and political. Some managers are abusive and there is a high turnover rate and low employee morale that seems contagious. I wanted to quit two months into my new job at InComm, but I have decided not to quit until I have a good job to go to. I sense freedom is close at hand.

Believe it or not, you don't get cashed-out of your un-used leave when you quit your job at InComm. Be sure you use your leave before you quit. Read the employee manual carefully.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecent attempts to boost morale are seen and noted, but your attempt lacked sincerity and was ineffectual as a result.

My co-workers have complained about the old-boy's club nature of management and you need to work on your image. One of the C-level executives said recently that maybe it is a bad thing that he doesn't know more people on sight and by name. I agree. If you want people to like working at InComm you should really try to be a little more friendly and strive to make a better work/life balance for employees with family obligations.

Unprofessional and incompetent management at CTO, VP and director level

Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat location - downtown.
    Access to mass transit.

Cons• Entire I.T. Architecture and direction run by a group of 3 people that lack sufficient architectural skills.
    • Senior engineers are not empowered to leverage their skills and add positive changes to infrastructure. Initiative and creative thought is discouraged and often ignored.
    • No open door policy; management operates in a bubble and does not allow collaborative communication.
    • Management does not permit subordinates going to senior management.
    • No continuity at senior I.T. positions.
    • Turnover rate is horrendous. I.T. department has turnover rate of 6months.
    • Senior management hires people from previous failed companies.
    • No bonus program or performance-based incentives.
    • Employee review system is ambiguous and lacks a goals-driven component. Management assigns raises based on ‘subjective’ criteria.
    • No training or expectation of training or career development.
    • Much of datacenter runs on legacy hardware with aging applications. Company culture is anti-progress and fearful of future technology.
    • No vacations allowed during late fall and early winter. I.T. elements made to sit in war room and “wait” for outages during holiday periods.
    • Major outages happen on a weekly basis.
    • Compensation is inconsistent and unethical; 2 people working in same position have drastically different pay.

Advice to Senior Management• Conduct thorough I.T. audit of company using an external 3rd party auditor.
    • Remove current management in favor of more progressive and competent technology managers.
    • Change to a culture that appreciates, embraces and rewards employee performance.

Dead end

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Proslocated in downtown, good commute

Cons1. Worst management and worst workplace I have ever seen in my 21 years of career.
    2.Management is not interested to keep qualified and talented employee. Even if lower employees are putting good efforts, working hard and smart..still management is firing them without drilling down the core issues and without any analysis.
    3.Upper management has no idea how to manage IT company. I worked hear for 1 year 5 employee left, 2 laid off, 2 fired, 3 employees left in 1st week...in my team...customers are complaining about delivery..customers are angry and dissatisfied. Still my manager is stuck at his post. because his brother is in higher post in upper management.
    4.Most of Indian employees..too much internal politics is killing this company...
    5.Good employee are leaving because of all of this issues including me.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease resign and let new air in

Worked for InComm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InComm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for InComm CEO Brooks Smith. All 60 reviews posted anonymously by InComm employees.