InComm Reviews

Updated August 29, 2014
2.6

InComm President & CEO Brooks Smith
Brooks Smith

Pros
  • Better than average compensation, great locations, Excellent work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Better than average compensation (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management Team has no real respect nor appreciation for those that work under them (in 7 reviews)

• Management has no clue what they are doing (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good and bad...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Entrepreneurial spirit, fast-paced, able to contribute and make a difference for the most part. Good place to get lots of experience - usually left to work independently. Very much a roll-up-your-sleeves and get it done type of environment. Lots of work to do, company is growing quickly.

Cons

Lacking leadership, expensive healthcare benefits, the different teams/divisions work in silos - don't talk to each other, lack of process. Not a great place to work for those that are very process oriented. Internal promotions/growth unlikely. Constant re-organizations.

Learn what work is being done below management level so when decisions are being made, organizationally, they make sense. Need more process in place and tools to make work done easier and more efficiently.

One crazy ride

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time for more than a year

Pros

Entrepreneurial spirit. In many instances, you get to design your own job.

Cons

Lack of training, interdepartmental communication, processes, accountability, and job ownership

Offers Great opportunity to learn but low salary

I worked at InComm full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Offers a lot of opportunities to learn
    Uses agile methodologies
    quite a few employees are highly skilled and experienced
    Use of latest technologies

Cons

Low Salary as compared to market rate

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learned a lot during my time here and still doing..

I have been working at InComm full-time

Pros

Good Salary and benefits, two office locations is a plus

Cons

Well many.. its a growing company.. its is getting better under new CTO Bruce Brown... but the upper management needs to pay more attention on their direct reports.. bonus should be given.. considering companys profit and turnovers..

try to analyse and understand people under you, they are way more technical and productive than what you are thinking..

Terminus

Current Employee - Anchor In Fiefdom  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anchor In Fiefdom in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Convenient location. Paid Parking. Gym. Grandiose titles to adorn business cards. Free business cards.

Cons

Regardless of your position, you will work in a chaotic frenzy and feel incredibly unaccomplished while you toil away at the stream of insolent "busy-work" while blindly sticking ineffective virtual duct-tape into a raging storm of fire rather than formulating effective solutions (*because that costs money, ya'll)...or you will completely give up and stare blankly into your computer screen wishing it would all just go away.

For such a wealthy company, we sure do shortchange the most important sectors by limiting essential resources. If A equals the equipment and personnel required to do B, then C equals monetary gain. Math. Science.

Unfortunately, if you want to work for a company that doesn't read like a sardonic "Dilbert" comic strip, then keep on moving because this place is as cliche as all get out. I can legitimately list one director and one VP among the herd that can understand basic/fundamental mathematics while offering perfunctory tidbits of leadership and such, however, for the most part - the 80/20 rule is applicable with incompetence stemming from upper and middle management. This company is grandiose in offering a bevy of elaborate titles for those wishing to adorn their business cards with (*which may be deemed a "pro" if the weight matched thusly).

For the few (*you know who you are) who are in the trenches, who give up their free-time, who achieve zero work/life balance, who pivot and joust, who create on demand, who fall on grenades, and who without fail come into the office and decidedly choose to shake off the jaded and entitled layers in order to stop the levy from collapsing - you deserve at the very least a raise. A LARGE RAISE. Something substantial. Something to quell the internal pangs of hunger during the oftentimes missed lunches (*and dinners).

You deserve an HR Department that doesn't limit salary increases BECAUSE you are an internal candidate and they can only offer a paltry 3-10% if even that. (*title changes and internal movement within the company)

It's odd to me that we would celebrate the hiring of complete strangers over someone internal. It's as if we are all in on the great "SECRET" of the chaos and a chaste newbie unfettered by this mess can be thrown into the machine and churned out once broken and used.

Solace can be found here. There is hope. It does require a hefty dose of (*dark) humor and a penchant for working through the inept to find the gems.

1. Cut the fat. Why do we have so many ineffective Middle Managers?
    2. Find the talented gems. Keep them. Pay them their worth.
    3. Fire everyone in HR. They are completely inadequate and useless.
    4. Fund the important essential elements: IT resources (increase servers and thus bandwidth to improve company-wide performance for overly funded program "faces"), Sales (restructure and reallocate resources based on team annual growth), Accounts Payable (*Get rid of - cut the fat), Accounts Receivables (*Pay them more and have them take over AP), Contracts Team (*Expand and Pay more), Channel Solutions (*Hire more people BEFORE the good ones leave), Executive VP - (*Show your face to us regular folks - if we didn't exist, then neither would you and your multi-leveled vacation homes. Get rid of the Mezz level. Bring everyone to swim on the 5th floor Mad Max style. Just a thought).

Unsatisfied

I have been working at InComm

Pros

Great team I work with with nice supervisor and manager

Cons

Senior management sucks and don't care for employees. They leave it up to HR to determine what the salary specs should be for employees who are overworked and underpaid. Constantly threatened about getting terminated for the least mishap.

DO BETTER!!

No organizational chart, no hierarchy, rampant cronyism, nepotism, infighting, backstabbing, and petulant obstructionism

I have been working at InComm full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free gym, MARTA card, and dependent on team, working from home (although this seems to be on its way out). Presents itself as laid back, but actually fairly traditional and restrictive.

Cons

No bonus structure for workers, non competitive wages, constant (incessant) organizational restructuring, with no positive outcomes - high turnover, teams move and disintegrate constantly.

Mass confusion...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time for less than a year

Pros

Like everyone else said, free parking, gym, competive salary. Great place to learn. Great location right downtown, remote ability based on management's discretion.

Cons

Failure to understand it is no longer a small company, no work-life balance, interview didn't quite expose all pertinent details of the role and responsibilities, lack of documentation for such critical processes. While some people burn the midnight oil, others have their own schedules and come and go as they please and were "given" a title. Pretty sad and very discouraging for new resources.

Set the right expectations during the interview and to your clients and don't expect for new people to understand the chaos within the organization. Hire 3rd Party consultants to improve performance and processes.

Keep looking

Former Employee - IT Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are few here with the skills to identify real talent. If you are incompetent and have exhausted all other options, you have a good shot and you will fit in just fine. Just keep your head down and their inability to manage will keep those checks rolling in.

Cons

I.T. is a meat grinder, void of leadership. Their awful reputation is accurate, especially on the infrastructure side of the house where you will be berated if the fragile sr mgmt ego gets bruised. You will be expected to blindly follow the crackpot plans to fix the ever shifting priorities of the hour and then you will be held accountable for their poor choices. You will come home and kick your dog. It just simply is not worth it.

Try a different career. Look for something that does not involve leadership, ethics or strategy.

Good company with many grouches and Incompetent Decision makers in the mix

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Better than average compensation, great locations, Excellent work-life balance

Cons

many clueless Upper managers (Directors and VPs) many employees who need babysitting

This is more for current and former employees who have been or were with the company for several years.

I find it funny when people say “This company is horrible, I have been working here for more than 5 … years” what does that say about you? If the company is horrible, free yourself and go somewhere else. The fact of the matter is, not all companies are Google. You are hired at will, which means that you can leave at any time for any reason. I have worked for several companies, like most people but every company that I worked for has some things that I liked and others that I hated. My biggest complaint about InComm, like many people here, is that most of the people in upper management have no idea of what is actually happening in the trenches.

I remember a situation where I copied the wrong distribution list in an email that was going out to a business partner. That Distro list included some VPs and Directors. I immediately sent them a disregard email but they all jumped on the email and started discussing its content. Their final settlement was that my request to the partner was not something that could be done. They sent an email to myself and to my direct managers advising me that the email should have not been sent out and that the request in it could not be processed. My response was: “we have been doing this for years and please see below the response from the partner confirming that the issue has been taken care of”. I never heard a word back from anyone.

My Experience with InComm has been mostly positive and my family and I are being afforded a comfortable living, with a wonderful work life balance. When that changes, I will quit and find something else. What will never happen is me saying “This company is horrible, I have been working here for more than 5 … years” man up or woman up and move on.

My direct managers and my coworkers are great. The education level of some of the people reporting to me makes my job sometimes challenging but I still love coming to work every day.

Please! Stop whining!

Directors, VPs, get to know your employees a little better. In the process, you will understand your company and your job, hopefully.

Department managers, stop the finger pointing.....you are all working for the same company

Worked for InComm? Contribute to the Community!