InComm

Updated December 9, 2014
2.9

InComm President & CEO Brooks Smith
Brooks Smith

Pros
  • The work-life balance is excellent (in 4 reviews)

• Lots of cool projects, very nice people, great location (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No one willing to reach out and help you understand the company (in 7 reviews)

• Upper Management Team has no real respect nor appreciation for those that work under them (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at InComm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Job, i cannot complain at all

Cons

None, it was a great place to be

None at all i liked it

Fun atmosphere, typical challenges

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at InComm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I work out of the Portland, OR office. The office is full of vibrant and fun people. There are lots of activities schedule for after work and everyone generally works hard. The age is skewed toward late-20's but there is a good mix of seniority.

Cons

Typical challenges of legacy code bases and trying to adjust things for new business model. There is not enough time in the day to make everything pristine since things need to be prioritized.

Don't lose the office culture. I always see a mass migration whenever that happens. Portland does not have the volume of good talent like a Boston / NYC, and there are plenty of people hiring.

inComm Digital Solutions is a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at InComm full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture and the people are what keep me excited to come into work each day. The overall culture in our Portland office can be summed up as "work hard, play hard." Employees here, at all levels are empowered to make a difference and it is easy to be heard. This company rewards and thrives on innovation. We push each other to build great products and even though we don't always start out in agreement on the best way to solve a problem, we always end up in the same boat rowing the same direction. The level of technical talent in this office is as high as you will find anywhere. The compensation is extremely competitive, coupled with the downtown location and comradely, this has got to be one of the best places to work in the city if not anywhere.

Cons

The company is growing very fast so organizational structure or process can change very quickly. It is sometimes hard to keep up with what's happening outside your immediate department. The management team is starting to do a better job of communicating vision, but it's not always clear.

Keep doing what you are doing in Portland and keep investing in your people and the processes to ensure the level of people working here stays where it is at.

A great experience!

I have been working at InComm

Pros

Beautiful building, great people. Love the company values, it's a strong company that is growing at a fast rate. Can see this being a fortune 500 company in the future!

Cons

Commuting can get bad especially since the headquarters are located in Atlanta. If you get to work between 6-10 AM or leave between 4:45 - 6 PM it can really be a problem.

Good company to start

I have been working at InComm

Pros

Work-life Balance is good and commendable

Cons

Training to Downtown office is tiring

Great Company to work with

Current Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-I had worked at InComm as an intern for five months, and I have recently accepted a full-time employment as a Business Analyst. InComm is a great company with great people and opportunities. The experience that I have gained with the company is invaluable. My supervisor is always helpful and he cares a lot about his interns. He makes sure that his interns get responses back from other employees from different departments while maintaining a good communication and relationship. Coworkers at InComm are very friendly and willing to help me whenever i have questions or confusions with my works.
    -There were many projects that i was in. It was such an fantastic opportunity for me to learn and expose myself to real projects in real life at InComm
    -Supervisors and managers do care about their interns and they do recognize your hard works and your willingness to learn
    -Many opportunities including Full-Time Employment with the company after your internship or when you are graduated (I did not finish my one year internship, but I got a Full-Time Job offer after I graduated)
    -You are more likely to be put in projects that you are interested in or projects that are suited with your degrees.
    -I highly recommend InComm for anyone who is seeking for an internship or FTE

Cons

-I do not see any cons

Amazing Internship Experience!

Former Employee - Network Engineer Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I had a very good experience working with Incomm:

Got a lot of hands on experience in networking. Also expanded my horizon beyond routers and switches and into firewalls, load balancers, Wireless Access points, Wireless controllers etc. I also moved from a limited and specific knowledge of CISCO to being more vendor neutral.

I got to learn a lot from my team members who were very helpful with everything that needed to be done. I know a lot of interns at other companies who do not get do "Real stuff", but at Incomm, I was always helping my colleagues with real work. Even as an intern, I was made to feel that my work mattered.

I could always approach my boss or my teammates for any guidance or advice that I needed.
    The workload was good and challenging, and the best part was that my team was always there to help me whenever I needed them.

My manager and my team were very understanding and accommodating of the fact that I was taking classes at the same time that I was working. So when there were times that I would get really busy with labs, they would adjust my schedule accordingly.

The company is making a lot of advances with new systems and technology so that they become even more efficient than they already are.

Overall, it was a great experience!

Cons

There are no cons of Incomm that come to my mind.

You guys are doing an amazing job at keeping Incomm running the way it is. Keep it up!

Challenging, Mercurial, and Forward Moving

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Definite commitment to advancing the technologies used in creating software solutions (on the cutting edge in many areas).
    -Renewed commitment to standardization in IT practices, but not in a way that stymies innovation.
    -New Senior management has started within the last 6 months and has made it clear that they want to make previous assessments of Incomm's IT reputation a thing of the past (and has shown tangible progress in that regard).
    -Strong virtualization presence.
    -Development teams are committed to modern methodologies.
    -Technical managers are top-notch.
    -There are very clear "rock-star" role model employees throughout the enterprise.
    -It's almost impossible NOT to grow in business and technical acumen while at Incomm.
    -Good employees advance through the ranks relatively quickly.

Cons

-Hard to see the overall strategic landscape from the operational level.
    -Some teams lack discipline and work ethic (there have been tangible improvements in the last few months under new management).
    -Business/IT relationship can be challenging.
    -Priorities change regularly to respond to business needs.
    -Issue escalation processes are not well defined or followed (also improving under new management).

The strategic picture has been pretty hard to divine at the engineering/operational level in the last year or so. I feel that the higher level managers have spent too much time interested in tactical/operational tasks instead of investing their time in strategic initiatives and communication of that vision. Furthermore I hope to see those who should be more invested in the tactical/operational layers empowered to execute on senior management's strategic vision.

Fast Paced Innovative Industry

Current Employee - Software Architect in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm

Pros

inComm is the forefront industry for Pre-Pay, Physical Giftcard, Virtual Giftcard, and Bill Pay Solutions. Industry is fast paced and requires critical thinking, management, and technical skills. There is a work hard, play hard mentality. The end result is delivering innovative solutions to Merchants and Service Providers while building professional friendships that are the stuff of being in the trenches.

Cons

If the job is tied to network operation, application support or application implementation or management there-of, inComm are not for the faint of heart . The industry is 24x7 and is very tied to the retail industry and there-for the holiday season. Vacation and compensation time is generous.

Continue focus on innovative solutions that drive revenue and providing a good customer experience. If you build it, they will come.

Good company to grow in your field

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Compensation and office culture is great for a working parent.

Cons

More structure and organization needed company wide.