InComm

InComm Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2014

InComm President & CEO Brooks Smith

Brooks Smith

Pros
  • Better than average compensation, great locations, Excellent work-life balance(in 4 reviews)

• Better than average compensation(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management Team has no real respect nor appreciation for those that work under them(in 7 reviews)

• Management has no clue what they are doing(in 4 reviews)

Dishonest and Unprofessional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere was not one good thing resulting from working at this company.

ConsComplete disorder, unrealistic expectations, dishonest and untrustworthy management. Rude manager who lacks professionalism which is accepted by the executive team with no consequence. Huge amount of turnover with staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonesty is the best policy and treat people with respect.

Life in the fast lane......

IT Related (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPrivately held, Prepaid market leader, entrepreneurial spirit, excellent opportunities, lots of amenities, good people mostly.

ConsLack of planning and coordination among business units and senior leadership, owner does not empower the leadership, employees sometimes get confusing/conflicting direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganize the company so that everyone knows their role and can play their position. There is a tremendous opportunity to grow that we are missing.

Manager

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat company to work for if you love challenges

Consno comments at this time.

InComm Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner responded to this review

Jun 20, 2014

Yes we do have challenges which can make for some interesting work opportunities. We need serious people, working together to solve these challenging problems. Who is ready?
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company with many grouches and Incompetent Decision makers in the mix

Account Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBetter than average compensation, great locations, Excellent work-life balance

Consmany clueless Upper managers (Directors and VPs) many employees who need babysitting

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is more for current and former employees who have been or were with the company for several years.

I find it funny when people say “This company is horrible, I have been working here for more than 5 … years” what does that say about you? If the company is horrible, free yourself and go somewhere else. The fact of the matter is, not all companies are Google. You are hired at will, which means that you can leave at any time for any reason. I have worked for several companies, like most people but every company that I worked for has some things that I liked and others that I hated. My biggest complaint about InComm, like many people here, is that most of the people in upper management have no idea of what is actually happening in the trenches.

I remember a situation where I copied the wrong distribution list in an email that was going out to a business partner. That Distro list included some VPs and Directors. I immediately sent them a disregard email but they all jumped on the email and started discussing its content. Their final settlement was that my request to the partner was not something that could be done. They sent an email to myself and to my direct managers advising me that the email should have not been sent out and that the request in it could not be processed. My response was: “we have been doing this for years and please see below the response from the partner confirming that the issue has been taken care of”. I never heard a word back from anyone.

My Experience with InComm has been mostly positive and my family and I are being afforded a comfortable living, with a wonderful work life balance. When that changes, I will quit and find something else. What will never happen is me saying “This company is horrible, I have been working here for more than 5 … years” man up or woman up and move on.

My direct managers and my coworkers are great. The education level of some of the people reporting to me makes my job sometimes challenging but I still love coming to work every day.

Please! Stop whining!

Directors, VPs, get to know your employees a little better. In the process, you will understand your company and your job, hopefully.

Department managers, stop the finger pointing.....you are all working for the same company

Decent job if you want to do nothing all day and work with mediocre engineers.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood perks like paying for transportation, parking and gym. Regular lunches now and then. Worked alongside marketing so was given a Mac and not a Windows computer. Some of your coworkers are real gems. Working from home was an option.

Big building so lots of bathrooms and break rooms to hide out in if you get really bored (which you often do). You're in downtown Atlanta so there are a lot of food options.

This is a great job if you're a hot shot programmer looking to hide out, do nothing, read programming books and better than average salary in the Atlanta area.

Flexible schedule. I would come in anywhere from 1030 to 1130 take a lunch at 1230 to 130 or 2 and leave around 430 and finish anything I needed to at home. However, there was never anything to finish at home because the work was so easy.

There was an iOS team that some of my friends worked on and they had some really smart programmers on that team.

ConsManagement has no clue what they are doing. So scattered and disorganized. A lot of the engineers who were working here full time had no idea what they were doing, taking them weeks to finish a trivial task. I felt like I was a babysitter at times and less of an engineer. I would finish my programming tasks within a few hours because they were so easy. People would come and go a lot.

We had to work on the 3rd floor which felt like a basement at times.

Despite being a Senior Software Engineer they brought in a bunch of help to do other things and these programmers were not very good. Often times messing things up and you were seldom on the same page.

You often have no clue what you're doing or who you're waiting on. Despite them having some sort of scrum, no one has a clue.

I would consistently finish my work early and would often have nothing to do so I would wander around the building for hours and not do much or read a programming a book. Sometimes I would take 2 hour lunch breaks because there just wasn't any work for me to do. I think I spent a few weeks reading programming books and trying out new things while on the job because I just had nothing to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't even know where the issues lie honestly. It's definitely a mess, feels like there is some sort of power struggle between different branches of management and confusion over responsibilities.

InComm Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner responded to this review

Jun 20, 2014

There is no doubt that we have challenges. The way I see it: If you are not part of the solution, then you must be part of the problem. I believe that every challenging situation is also a good ... More

Absolutely Horrible - You've Been Warned

IT Director (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLeaders are so busy stabbing each other in the back that they can't keep up with their teams. Very flexible work hours.

ConsHuge and fragile egos at the VP level and up. They "lead" through intimidation and fear. The CTO is the worst, has no problem with calling an emergency meeting with all of IT to rant and rave about how bad they are at their jobs. No strategic direction or genuine leadership makes for tons of renegade initiatives that don't get very far. InComm is great at hiring smart people, but the VP's and Directors are afraid of anyone out shining them so they don't last long enough to make a difference. I.T. is stuck in a perpetual state of reorganization, creating an atmosphere of fear where everyone is subject to be terminated or swept up in random rounds of layoffs. The "Good old boy" network is alive and well there, so the incompetent get promoted as long as they don't question authority. Notice how most of the good reviews are from interns?

Advice to Senior ManagementThe highest levels of IT leadership are dysfunctional, greedy and power hungry. The CTO is expected to actually LEAD the organization. Yelling and berating employees is not leading. Micromanagement is not a strategy. Get an outside firm to train leaders how to communicate and lead through motivation other than fear of getting fired. Leaving InComm is not a career destroying event, life goes on. Develop a real strategic plan and communicate that to the IT organization, than stand behind the plan and communicate on the progress of the plan. Notice how the word PLAN keeps popping up? Everyone should get a BONUS, not just the Directors and ethics-challenged VP's. InComm can be a great place to work, right now it's one of the worst.

Low Morale

Project Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCompany pays for MARTA or parking, beautiful gym free to employees, decent pay, good technology, HR is aware of the morale issue and is doing what they can to turn it around

ConsPeople are unhappy, departments don't interact well

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house - assess those in senior positions and see what they are REALLY doing. Encourage senior management to provide clear direction

Stressed Life at Incomm

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood People to work with

ConsUpper level managers full of nonsense

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees

Good company to start

ProsWork-life Balance is good and commendable

ConsTraining to Downtown office is tiring

INCOMM SUCKS

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsNothing good to say....not ONE good word...after working here for six years.

ConsA RUTHLESS, BARBARIC company - you only have a prayer if you are in upper management, otherwise you are just a PAWN - to be used, sacrificed, or discarded altogether. You do not matter at Incomm...no matter how hard you work.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for another job before your boss betrays you...and it will happen.

Worked for InComm? Contribute to the Community!