InComm Reviews

Updated September 27, 2014
2.5

InComm President & CEO Brooks Smith
Brooks Smith

Pros
  • Better than average compensation, great locations, Excellent work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Lots of cool projects, very nice people, great location (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management Team has no real respect nor appreciation for those that work under them (in 7 reviews)

• Management has no clue what they are doing (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Mass confusion...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time for less than a year

Pros

Like everyone else said, free parking, gym, competive salary. Great place to learn. Great location right downtown, remote ability based on management's discretion.

Cons

Failure to understand it is no longer a small company, no work-life balance, interview didn't quite expose all pertinent details of the role and responsibilities, lack of documentation for such critical processes. While some people burn the midnight oil, others have their own schedules and come and go as they please and were "given" a title. Pretty sad and very discouraging for new resources.

Set the right expectations during the interview and to your clients and don't expect for new people to understand the chaos within the organization. Hire 3rd Party consultants to improve performance and processes.

Keep looking

Former Employee - IT Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are few here with the skills to identify real talent. If you are incompetent and have exhausted all other options, you have a good shot and you will fit in just fine. Just keep your head down and their inability to manage will keep those checks rolling in.

Cons

I.T. is a meat grinder, void of leadership. Their awful reputation is accurate, especially on the infrastructure side of the house where you will be berated if the fragile sr mgmt ego gets bruised. You will be expected to blindly follow the crackpot plans to fix the ever shifting priorities of the hour and then you will be held accountable for their poor choices. You will come home and kick your dog. It just simply is not worth it.

Try a different career. Look for something that does not involve leadership, ethics or strategy.

Unsatisfied

I have been working at InComm

Pros

Great team I work with with nice supervisor and manager

Cons

Senior management sucks and don't care for employees. They leave it up to HR to determine what the salary specs should be for employees who are overworked and underpaid. Constantly threatened about getting terminated for the least mishap.

DO BETTER!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company with many grouches and Incompetent Decision makers in the mix

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Better than average compensation, great locations, Excellent work-life balance

Cons

many clueless Upper managers (Directors and VPs) many employees who need babysitting

This is more for current and former employees who have been or were with the company for several years.

I find it funny when people say “This company is horrible, I have been working here for more than 5 … years” what does that say about you? If the company is horrible, free yourself and go somewhere else. The fact of the matter is, not all companies are Google. You are hired at will, which means that you can leave at any time for any reason. I have worked for several companies, like most people but every company that I worked for has some things that I liked and others that I hated. My biggest complaint about InComm, like many people here, is that most of the people in upper management have no idea of what is actually happening in the trenches.

I remember a situation where I copied the wrong distribution list in an email that was going out to a business partner. That Distro list included some VPs and Directors. I immediately sent them a disregard email but they all jumped on the email and started discussing its content. Their final settlement was that my request to the partner was not something that could be done. They sent an email to myself and to my direct managers advising me that the email should have not been sent out and that the request in it could not be processed. My response was: “we have been doing this for years and please see below the response from the partner confirming that the issue has been taken care of”. I never heard a word back from anyone.

My Experience with InComm has been mostly positive and my family and I are being afforded a comfortable living, with a wonderful work life balance. When that changes, I will quit and find something else. What will never happen is me saying “This company is horrible, I have been working here for more than 5 … years” man up or woman up and move on.

My direct managers and my coworkers are great. The education level of some of the people reporting to me makes my job sometimes challenging but I still love coming to work every day.

Please! Stop whining!

Directors, VPs, get to know your employees a little better. In the process, you will understand your company and your job, hopefully.

Department managers, stop the finger pointing.....you are all working for the same company

Life in the fast lane......

Current Employee - IT Related  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Related in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time for more than a year

Pros

Privately held, Prepaid market leader, entrepreneurial spirit, excellent opportunities, lots of amenities, good people mostly.

Cons

Lack of planning and coordination among business units and senior leadership, owner does not empower the leadership, employees sometimes get confusing/conflicting direction.

Organize the company so that everyone knows their role and can play their position. There is a tremendous opportunity to grow that we are missing.

Manager

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at InComm full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company to work for if you love challenges

Cons

no comments at this time.

InComm Response

Jun 20, 2014Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner

Yes we do have challenges which can make for some interesting work opportunities. We need serious people, working together to solve these challenging problems. Who is ready?

Decent job if you want to do nothing all day and work with mediocre engineers.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good perks like paying for transportation, parking and gym. Regular lunches now and then. Worked alongside marketing so was given a Mac and not a Windows computer. Some of your coworkers are real gems. Working from home was an option.

Big building so lots of bathrooms and break rooms to hide out in if you get really bored (which you often do). You're in downtown Atlanta so there are a lot of food options.

This is a great job if you're a hot shot programmer looking to hide out, do nothing, read programming books and better than average salary in the Atlanta area.

Flexible schedule. I would come in anywhere from 1030 to 1130 take a lunch at 1230 to 130 or 2 and leave around 430 and finish anything I needed to at home. However, there was never anything to finish at home because the work was so easy.

There was an iOS team that some of my friends worked on and they had some really smart programmers on that team.

Cons

Management has no clue what they are doing. So scattered and disorganized. A lot of the engineers who were working here full time had no idea what they were doing, taking them weeks to finish a trivial task. I felt like I was a babysitter at times and less of an engineer. I would finish my programming tasks within a few hours because they were so easy. People would come and go a lot.

We had to work on the 3rd floor which felt like a basement at times.

Despite being a Senior Software Engineer they brought in a bunch of help to do other things and these programmers were not very good. Often times messing things up and you were seldom on the same page.

You often have no clue what you're doing or who you're waiting on. Despite them having some sort of scrum, no one has a clue.

I would consistently finish my work early and would often have nothing to do so I would wander around the building for hours and not do much or read a programming a book. Sometimes I would take 2 hour lunch breaks because there just wasn't any work for me to do. I think I spent a few weeks reading programming books and trying out new things while on the job because I just had nothing to do.

I don't even know where the issues lie honestly. It's definitely a mess, feels like there is some sort of power struggle between different branches of management and confusion over responsibilities.

InComm Response

Jun 20, 2014Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner

There is no doubt that we have challenges. The way I see it: If you are not part of the solution, then you must be part of the problem. I believe that every challenging situation is also a good ... More

Dishonest and Unprofessional

I worked at InComm full-time for less than a year

Pros

There was not one good thing resulting from working at this company.

Cons

Complete disorder, unrealistic expectations, dishonest and untrustworthy management. Rude manager who lacks professionalism which is accepted by the executive team with no consequence. Huge amount of turnover with staff.

Honesty is the best policy and treat people with respect.

Stressed Life at Incomm

Current Employee - Data Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good People to work with

Cons

Upper level managers full of nonsense

Listen to employees

Low Morale

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company pays for MARTA or parking, beautiful gym free to employees, decent pay, good technology, HR is aware of the morale issue and is doing what they can to turn it around

Cons

People are unhappy, departments don't interact well

Clean house - assess those in senior positions and see what they are REALLY doing. Encourage senior management to provide clear direction

Worked for InComm? Contribute to the Community!