InComm Reviews

Updated October 16, 2014
2.7

InComm President & CEO Brooks Smith
Brooks Smith

Pros
  • The work-life balance is excellent (in 4 reviews)

• Lots of cool projects, very nice people, great location (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management Team has no real respect nor appreciation for those that work under them (in 7 reviews)

• Management has no clue what they are doing (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Manager

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at InComm full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for if you love challenges

Cons

no comments at this time.

InComm Response

Jun 20, 2014Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner

Yes we do have challenges which can make for some interesting work opportunities. We need serious people, working together to solve these challenging problems. Who is ready?

Dishonest and Unprofessional

I worked at InComm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There was not one good thing resulting from working at this company.

Cons

Complete disorder, unrealistic expectations, dishonest and untrustworthy management. Rude manager who lacks professionalism which is accepted by the executive team with no consequence. Huge amount of turnover with staff.

Honesty is the best policy and treat people with respect.

Stressed Life at Incomm

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good People to work with

Cons

Upper level managers full of nonsense

Listen to employees

Low Morale

Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company pays for MARTA or parking, beautiful gym free to employees, decent pay, good technology, HR is aware of the morale issue and is doing what they can to turn it around

Cons

People are unhappy, departments don't interact well

Clean house - assess those in senior positions and see what they are REALLY doing. Encourage senior management to provide clear direction

Absolutely Horrible - You've Been Warned

Former Employee - IT Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leaders are so busy stabbing each other in the back that they can't keep up with their teams. Very flexible work hours.

Cons

Huge and fragile egos at the VP level and up. They "lead" through intimidation and fear. The CTO is the worst, has no problem with calling an emergency meeting with all of IT to rant and rave about how bad they are at their jobs. No strategic direction or genuine leadership makes for tons of renegade initiatives that don't get very far. InComm is great at hiring smart people, but the VP's and Directors are afraid of anyone out shining them so they don't last long enough to make a difference. I.T. is stuck in a perpetual state of reorganization, creating an atmosphere of fear where everyone is subject to be terminated or swept up in random rounds of layoffs. The "Good old boy" network is alive and well there, so the incompetent get promoted as long as they don't question authority. Notice how most of the good reviews are from interns?

The highest levels of IT leadership are dysfunctional, greedy and power hungry. The CTO is expected to actually LEAD the organization. Yelling and berating employees is not leading. Micromanagement is not a strategy. Get an outside firm to train leaders how to communicate and lead through motivation other than fear of getting fired. Leaving InComm is not a career destroying event, life goes on. Develop a real strategic plan and communicate that to the IT organization, than stand behind the plan and communicate on the progress of the plan. Notice how the word PLAN keeps popping up? Everyone should get a BONUS, not just the Directors and ethics-challenged VP's. InComm can be a great place to work, right now it's one of the worst.

Good company to start

I have been working at InComm

Pros

Work-life Balance is good and commendable

Cons

Training to Downtown office is tiring

Interesting combination of people and products

I have been working at InComm as a contractor

Pros

InComm provides products and services that are widely being utilized to process payments and financial information. This makes the products appealing to a wide range of organizations and people, keeping things interesting and moving forward.

Cons

There seems quite a bit a political jousting and positioning within the company. Seems to get in the way of productivity and a part of the company culture. Unfortunate.

Provide meaningful communications within all of InComm and encourage positive feedback and direction for improvement.

Fun

I worked at InComm

Pros

Freedom to take on challenges

Cons

Management tends to re-invent the wheel.

Voip Engineer

Former Employee - VOIP Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - VOIP Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its a good location with free parking in downtown Atl.

Cons

Very bad management. Clueless in the skill sets required for the job, rude and dishonest, no bonus or incentive for doing a good job. This is NOT a company to work for if you know what you are doing.

Management need a complete overall from the VP of Engineering to Operations. New skills - people skills and technical skills are needed. The only skill that this current mgmt have is to make it to retirement. This is NOT the way to grow the company and to attract talent. They also lack the creditability and trust that a manager needs to have. Use your power to promote a positive environment and avoid cronyism.

Great Company to work with

Current Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-I had worked at InComm as an intern for five months, and I have recently accepted a full-time employment as a Business Analyst. InComm is a great company with great people and opportunities. The experience that I have gained with the company is invaluable. My supervisor is always helpful and he cares a lot about his interns. He makes sure that his interns get responses back from other employees from different departments while maintaining a good communication and relationship. Coworkers at InComm are very friendly and willing to help me whenever i have questions or confusions with my works.
    -There were many projects that i was in. It was such an fantastic opportunity for me to learn and expose myself to real projects in real life at InComm
    -Supervisors and managers do care about their interns and they do recognize your hard works and your willingness to learn
    -Many opportunities including Full-Time Employment with the company after your internship or when you are graduated (I did not finish my one year internship, but I got a Full-Time Job offer after I graduated)
    -You are more likely to be put in projects that you are interested in or projects that are suited with your degrees.
    -I highly recommend InComm for anyone who is seeking for an internship or FTE

Cons

-I do not see any cons