InComm

Updated November 25, 2014
Updated November 25, 2014

InComm President & CEO Brooks Smith
Brooks Smith

Pros
  • The work-life balance is excellent (in 4 reviews)

• Lots of cool projects, very nice people, great location (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No one willing to reach out and help you understand the company (in 7 reviews)

• Upper Management Team has no real respect nor appreciation for those that work under them (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Interesting combination of people and products

I have been working at InComm as a contractor

Pros

InComm provides products and services that are widely being utilized to process payments and financial information. This makes the products appealing to a wide range of organizations and people, keeping things interesting and moving forward.

Cons

There seems quite a bit a political jousting and positioning within the company. Seems to get in the way of productivity and a part of the company culture. Unfortunate.

Provide meaningful communications within all of InComm and encourage positive feedback and direction for improvement.

Fun

I worked at InComm

Pros

Freedom to take on challenges

Cons

Management tends to re-invent the wheel.

Voip Engineer

Former Employee - VOIP Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - VOIP Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its a good location with free parking in downtown Atl.

Cons

Very bad management. Clueless in the skill sets required for the job, rude and dishonest, no bonus or incentive for doing a good job. This is NOT a company to work for if you know what you are doing.

Management need a complete overall from the VP of Engineering to Operations. New skills - people skills and technical skills are needed. The only skill that this current mgmt have is to make it to retirement. This is NOT the way to grow the company and to attract talent. They also lack the creditability and trust that a manager needs to have. Use your power to promote a positive environment and avoid cronyism.

Great Company to work with

Current Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-I had worked at InComm as an intern for five months, and I have recently accepted a full-time employment as a Business Analyst. InComm is a great company with great people and opportunities. The experience that I have gained with the company is invaluable. My supervisor is always helpful and he cares a lot about his interns. He makes sure that his interns get responses back from other employees from different departments while maintaining a good communication and relationship. Coworkers at InComm are very friendly and willing to help me whenever i have questions or confusions with my works.
    -There were many projects that i was in. It was such an fantastic opportunity for me to learn and expose myself to real projects in real life at InComm
    -Supervisors and managers do care about their interns and they do recognize your hard works and your willingness to learn
    -Many opportunities including Full-Time Employment with the company after your internship or when you are graduated (I did not finish my one year internship, but I got a Full-Time Job offer after I graduated)
    -You are more likely to be put in projects that you are interested in or projects that are suited with your degrees.
    -I highly recommend InComm for anyone who is seeking for an internship or FTE

Cons

-I do not see any cons

From another Intern's perspective...

I have been working at InComm full-time

Pros

Abundant opportunities to kick-start or grow one's career. The company has a ton of new initiatives that employees can drive or contribute to. In addition, business is growing rapidly and new opportunities arise frequently.
    The work-life balance is excellent. Management is flexible to employee needs.
    Senior management is accessible. The current CTO seems to genuinely care about his people and is determined to make improvements.
    The people are easy going and great to work with.
    Great place for the go-getter to advance. After interning for 5 months, I was promoted to full-time employment upon graduation.

Cons

Being in such a dynamic environment, not all business processes are formalized. Establishing formal processes and documentation initiatives are being implemented as a result.

Continue promoting initiatives that focus on improving business processes and employee job satisfaction.

Extremely Subpar, Lack of communication, nightmare documentation

Current Employee - Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very little, Some great people that are in the wrong positions

Cons

Good employees are undervalued, underpaid, ran off to make room for mediocre, undeveloped replacements

Identify and address problems within the organization, and take care of the employees that care and contribute. Put the right people in positions of management instead of those with seniority. Listen to the youth with innovative ideas for process and leadership qualities. Train new, young employees and encourage growth to breed a strong environment the nurtures development, rather than the continuance of turnover that leads to lack of understanding/knowledge that seeps through the corporate core of this company.

Fast growing company - Not a bad place to start your career

Current Employee - Applications Support Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Applications Support Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are amazing, industry leaders, chance to get recognized, chance to move within the org

Cons

Constant reorg, too much politics among upper management, keeps acquiring companies and not sure how to distribute work, Average compensation

Worst move of my career

I worked at InComm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sadly, the only ones I can think of it is location and they pay for your commute (marta, parking pass, CCT, etc).

Cons

In my experience:

• No direct Supervisors or VP
    • Three reorgs during my time
    • No process
    • No process leads to poor planning and requesting budgets and not have an allocated amount for each project.
    • No training
    • PTO and benefits are below average.
    • Extremely high turnover (most people I worked with have been there 6 months or less).
    • No one willing to reach out and help you understand the company.
    • No project managing
    • No deadlines are given when you handed a project then are immediately due unexpectedly.
    • Employee morale is extremely low (no employee appreciation, no recognition, no yearly raises or bonuses).
    • Team members will more than likely not have you back (no team work).

During my exit interview I shared many things listed above and was given a half smile and a response of, "we hear this often." Clearly, there are no promising changes to help evolve the company into one that's worth staying and calling home.

There needs to be a major over haul in management. Some departments are going through massive reorgs every few months which causes an uneasy work environment. Show employee appreciation. There needs to be a training process when you enter a company this unorganized. Don't punish the blind for being blind.

From an intern's perspective.

Former Employee - IT Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Access to the CTO who overlooks the internship program.
    Weekly conversations to update the director who manages the program.
    Exposure to management to network and establish good relationships.
    Great flexibility allowing 20-hour weeks.
    A dozen other interns to hang out with (most sit together).
    Multiple departments to express interest in (given you have shown good performance).
    Cafeteria down stairs has a large variety of selections.
    Convenient paid parking across the street with no space issues.

Cons

A lack of company wide chatting software.
    Limited space to accommodate interns on days when most are present.
    Internship program is new (management is still adapting to utilize interns).
    Difficult to get a hold of people other than supervisors.

Filter out the high performance interns and make them useful.

Strong market presence and an abundance of career growth opporuntunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Carries a large portion of the market share for their industry. Promote from within mentality. Solid benefits. There is still a lot of room for this company to continue to grow. There have been many positive aquisitions in their recent past as well as organic growth.

Cons

Organizational communication could be better. Moving from a start-up to a more mature company.

Keep up the current direction and the sky is the limit. Continue to hire those with 'ownership' mentalities.