InContact
www.incontact.com Midvale, UT 500 to 999 Employees

InContact Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014
InContact – “Day of Caring”

InContact President, CEO, and Director Paul Jarman

Paul Jarman

Lots of interdepartmental conflict.

I worked at InContact

ProsIts a nice location to work.

ConsStressful environment for commission sales people.

inContact is a GREAT place to work

I have been working at InContact

ProsThe leadership is amazing. They care for people on a personal level and strongly desire to contribute to each persons professional growth.

ConsBecause it's a growing company it's hard to keep up with headcount demands so sometimes people end up wearing multiple hats, or being overwhelmed.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people than you think you need so you're ahead of the game rather than running to catch up with the growth. Be willing to postpone releases to allow for adequate QA time rather than rushing QA to keep a release schedule so strict.

Love the culture hate the workload

I worked at InContact full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAdvance your skills and talent
Get to do things never thought possible
Excellent pay
Excellent culture
Team outings
No red tape
Great people

ConsNo work life balance - they will work you until you quit
Benefits horrible
Workload is for 3-4 people
Mangers to busy to manage people because they are putting out fires all day
Managers have to many favorites
Lack of professionalism
No real buddy system when you come on you are expected to learn by yourself
No training plan
No knowledge base
No leadership backing
No sense of direction
Processes change daily

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people don't wait until everything breaks.

Get rid of some of your old mangers they are the reason why people leave they don't want to grow and change with the company

Breakout company!

Director of Product Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at InContact full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSmart, dedicated, and talented people are driving amazing innovative products. Well managed finances and impressive quarter over quarter and year over year improvements in nearly every category.

ConsA few growing pains and I am sure there will be more to come with the growth we are experiencing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep promoting internal candidates.

Quickly growing, lively, up-beat environment

Systems Administrator - Production/Operations (Current Employee)
Midvale, UT

I have been working at InContact full-time for less than a year

ProsPositive environment with great people, heavy focus on employee fulfillment from top down, company/team outings, company parties, prizes, opportunities to win trips, occasional catered lunches. The CEO Paul Jarman is the nicest guy! Paul will hold doors open for people, say "hi" to anyone as he passes them. Knowing that a guy like that is running the company says to me he will go to great lengths to ensure his employees are happy.

ConsThe Operations department can be rather demanding. The type of work can be rather mundane, redundant, and unfulfilling, and often requires late nights during the week for change controls. On-call can be rough, as NOC will call out for minor things that could have waited til business hours (however on-call does pay an additional $200 bonus).

Advice: Don't apply for an operations job if you are looking to expand your skill set and technical knowledge. The most interaction you have with equipment will be calling in hardware failures and diagnosing problems by digging through logs or calling the vendor to dig through logs. If this doesn't bother you, it may be just what you are looking for.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more learning and growth opportunities for Operations. In IT, if you aren't constantly renewing yourself either by education or on the job experience, you are likely to devalue your self.

Politics, Politics, Politics

I worked at InContact full-time

ProsThe company has a few talented individuals that are very intelligent, understand the industry, and have good visions.

ConsPoor work-life balance
Poor long term vision
Politics, Politics, Politics - this is the real problem, too many people trying to impress upper management and trying to gather power. The real decisions are made behind closed door by a select few with an interest only in their own success and not the companies success.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a serious look at which leaders are bringing real value and which just talk a good game.

Great place to work

I have been working at InContact full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgreat market to be in, fast moving, plenty of upside opportunities in the marketplace

Consprocess has taken over to a fault.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only way decisions get done are via the executive committee. over controlling, micromanaged

BEST COMPANY

Midvale, UT

I have been working at InContact full-time for more than a year

ProsWork Life Balance
Offers COMPTIME
Offers work from home 1X Day a week in most departments.
Lots of Team outings
Lots of recognition
Offers you lunch/snacks weekly
Lots of learning opportunities
The Sky is the limit on what you want to implement and do
NO red tape
They do Christmas company parties
Bonuses’
They do Fall Family outings (they took entire family to boondocks and paid for it)
Offer many companywide treats and lunches.

It amazes me how people can say this is a horrible company. I have been with the company over a year now and there has been the traditional bumps in the road. I have a wonderful boss that supports me. Maybe it depends on the department- I don't know- The Company is awesome- you can go right up to the EC level or the CEO and talk to them without fear of getting fired. You can put in suggestions and hard work and they provide so much recognition. They strive to challenge and recognize the employees. In large organization's they have the attitude "We get paid- should be happy to have a job- if you don’t 10 people in line waiting to replace you". Here you can make suggestion- live the vision you have ever wanted to live. No large company provides quarterly bonuses for their outstanding employees, food, outings, work life balance, gift cards for working extra, flexible schedule, supportive in changes, weekly treats, team outings that pay for your beer, the list is so long I can't list them all.

Want to be part of the most amazing company to work for- come on board- we are growing like crazy! This is the first company I can say "I have found my home place" .

ConsBetter Benefits
Heavy workload due to growth

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and keep listening to your employees

Looks good on the outside

Midvale, UT

I worked at InContact full-time for more than a year

ProsSmart people with great ideas
Innovative product
Some people have great work from home opportunity

ConsPoor/unhealthy work climate
Office politics and manipulative/ controlling people prevent new ideas and improvement
Some departments have no work/ home balance and don't get flexible schedules

Advice to Senior ManagementUse the great talent you have and listen to improvement ideas. Don't let people that are motivated by their egos prevent the company from being successful.

Good learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at InContact full-time for less than a year

ProsWork from home
Big budget = money for cool initiatives
Great people!

ConsToo many levels of management (I had 3 bosses)
Expect everyone to be "the same" - not a lot of room for individual contributors - had to management material or "not worth their time"
Endless feedback cycle makes it difficult to get things done in timely manner
Training was quick and dirty - not a lot of time given to ramp up
Mislead about work environment/travel expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with the skills your employees have instead of trying to get them to be little management clones - diversity is a good thing.

Worked for InContact? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InContact reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for InContact CEO Paul Jarman. All 40 reviews posted anonymously by InContact employees.