InContact Reviews

Overall Employee Growth

Current Employee - Administrative  in  Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Administrative in Midvale, UT

I have been working at InContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the reasons I love working for inContact is that it allows me to interact with so many skilled and diverse people around the globe. I get great satisfaction from being part of a multi-cultural environment that emphasizes teamwork. inContact provides me with a lot of freedom to set my own goals and work towards them. Ideas are always welcome and innovation is encouraged. The working environment is very flexible, with much consideration for the employees’ professional and personal needs. inContact focuses on the employee’s overall growth, not just professional performance.

Cons

Could use more interdepartmental transparancy

Don't just tell your employees they're doing it wrong, teach them to do it right the first time.

Could be so much better

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at InContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are the best asset to this company although the executive management team doesn't realize it. The market for Cloud Contact Center is really hot. They have built up their own infrastructure. The are becoming more enterprise ready.

Cons

Head of HR just doesn't care about people, the company changes direction constantly. Politics run rampant. The new guy syndrome is very prevalent here. Managers change control often, driven by executives.

Focus on a direction, follow the advice of your long term employees, use it as a strategy. Take a look at the talent you have that has been there for a long time. Don't overemphasize playing favorites.

Good Compamu to work for

Current Employee - Manager of Sales Operations  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Manager of Sales Operations in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at InContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Medium size business with a small business attitude. Many opportunities for growth, and experience. The small business attitude allows for a fast paced work environment where you can affect real change. Fun place to work with great people and great culture.

Cons

Can be a bit silo-ed. It seems that upper management needs to be more aligned.

Show better unification. The silo-ing sometimes pits departments against each other the detriment of the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

So many things right and so many things wrong with this company.

I have been working at InContact

Pros

You get the tools you need (and then some) to do the job, plus if you take the initiative, you can do some really cool things that look good on your resume. Again, if you take the initiative, the company will support you to get certifications and other knowledge in your field to help you do your job better.

Cons

After reading other posts on here, I probably don't need to say it, but I will anyway - drama and politicking at inContact is worse than I've ever seen at any company. Second, the last minute product additions that R&D throws into the release are more than aggravating, especially when they don't tell anyone. Also, the company has a knack for holding onto people who have proven themselves so unqualified and ill-equipped to do their job. Next, the product is like a motorhome on a truck chassis. It feels like the product is trapped in the 1990s. Finally, some of the failed "experiments" that made it onto a release and didn't gain any traction are still part of the product (including some that don't even work). Not sure if that means product management isn't doing their job.

The 4DX thing is ridiculous and a waste of valuable employee time at the lower levels.

Proof of good policies, good positive people can produce highest results

Current Employee - R&D  in  Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - R&D in Midvale, UT

I have been working at InContact full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people and culture are engaged in employees and work starting with the CEO on down. That says a lot about a company. Working in R&D, many employees' work history come from big name companies like IBM, Motorola, Microsoft, etc.. and more importantly, everyone has a positive willingness to help each other.

Cons

The cons are growing pains, which are much better challenges to have than anything else!

Keep up the good work and continue the communication!

Watch your back

Former Employee - Director  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at InContact full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

inContact has few Pros,from my perspective. They allows a work at home environment, solid technology in many ways, and there is certainly a growth path available

Cons

Toxic political environment, where stabbing coworkers in the back is the norm. Rather than communicating opportunities for improvement in a way that causes growth, people attach like a pack of piranha when a mistake is made. This is primarily due to the executive committee acting the same way.

Technology while OK, is typically built to the standard of "good enough." However, no one ever goes back and makes it better.

Sales leadership has no problem with lying to customers to win business and beating up anyone who wants to insure that the customer knows the truth.

Stop being hypocrites. The non-compete you made everyone sign has alienated people more than tied them to you...

Good company that is growing quickly, somewhat too quickly too keep up

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

I worked at InContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive pay, good benefits, including time off.

Cons

Way too much drama due to office politics.

InContact offers me an enjoyable and challenging experience

Current Employee - Software Engineer In Test I  in  Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer In Test I in Midvale, UT

I have been working at InContact full-time for more than a year

Pros

InContact believes in their people and as such the work-life balance is awesome. We can work from home on Wednesday. They are renovating our break room and we have free drinks and a snack cart that comes around a couple times a week. InContact has some extremely talented people and I have learned a great deal from them.

Cons

A common flaw with companies, are the silo's that are made. I would like to see better cross-functional team collaboration in some areas to help speed things up at times but overall, I can't really think of much other than that.

Keep up the good work.

InContact Atmosphere

Current Employee - Software Engineer In Test  in  Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer In Test in Midvale, UT

I have been working at InContact full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay, great people,good benefits, very enjoyable atmosphere, very little micromanaging, very smart people, plenty room for advancement, company is growing very fast, but not at the dangerous level. Company is modeled to keep the employee happy. Which makes for great code and products! My supervisor is very smart and easy to work with.

Cons

rarely they try to push too much into dev and qa.

Great company - Industry Leaders - Amazing Co-workers

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at InContact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyone, no matter what department, is willing to help you out.
    It's as diverse a work environment Utah has to offer.
    Pay is competitive.
    You control your own destiny.
    Fun work environment.
    Room for advancement.
    Benefits are better than average.

Cons

You might not like it if you want an environment that works for you. This is a place where if you bust your butt and make your own path, you will strive. If you want to put your head down and just work, you will get along, but those with drive and ambition will strive here.

I would like time off policy to be more flexible (ie. purchase extra). Open management training up to more people.

Worked for InContact? Contribute to the Community!