InContact

InContact President, CEO, and Director Paul Jarman

Paul Jarman

Overall Employee Growth

Administrative (Current Employee) Midvale, UT

ProsOne of the reasons I love working for inContact is that it allows me to interact with so many skilled and diverse people around the globe. I get great satisfaction from being part of a multi-cultural environment that emphasizes teamwork. inContact provides me with a lot of freedom to set my own goals and work towards them. Ideas are always welcome and innovation is encouraged. The working environment is very flexible, with much consideration for the employees’ professional and personal needs. inContact focuses on the employee’s overall growth, not just professional performance.

ConsCould use more interdepartmental transparancy

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just tell your employees they're doing it wrong, teach them to do it right the first time.

Good Compamu to work for

Manager of Sales Operations (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsMedium size business with a small business attitude. Many opportunities for growth, and experience. The small business attitude allows for a fast paced work environment where you can affect real change. Fun place to work with great people and great culture.

ConsCan be a bit silo-ed. It seems that upper management needs to be more aligned.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow better unification. The silo-ing sometimes pits departments against each other the detriment of the company.

So many things right and so many things wrong with this company.

ProsYou get the tools you need (and then some) to do the job, plus if you take the initiative, you can do some really cool things that look good on your resume. Again, if you take the initiative, the company will support you to get certifications and other knowledge in your field to help you do your job better.

ConsAfter reading other posts on here, I probably don't need to say it, but I will anyway - drama and politicking at inContact is worse than I've ever seen at any company. Second, the last minute product additions that R&D throws into the release are more than aggravating, especially when they don't tell anyone. Also, the company has a knack for holding onto people who have proven themselves so unqualified and ill-equipped to do their job. Next, the product is like a motorhome on a truck chassis. It feels like the product is trapped in the 1990s. Finally, some of the failed "experiments" that made it onto a release and didn't gain any traction are still part of the product (including some that don't even work). Not sure if that means product management isn't doing their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe 4DX thing is ridiculous and a waste of valuable employee time at the lower levels.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Proof of good policies, good positive people can produce highest results

R&D (Current Employee) Midvale, UT

ProsThe people and culture are engaged in employees and work starting with the CEO on down. That says a lot about a company. Working in R&D, many employees' work history come from big name companies like IBM, Motorola, Microsoft, etc.. and more importantly, everyone has a positive willingness to help each other.

ConsThe cons are growing pains, which are much better challenges to have than anything else!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and continue the communication!

Watch your back

Director (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsinContact has few Pros,from my perspective. They allows a work at home environment, solid technology in many ways, and there is certainly a growth path available

ConsToxic political environment, where stabbing coworkers in the back is the norm. Rather than communicating opportunities for improvement in a way that causes growth, people attach like a pack of piranha when a mistake is made. This is primarily due to the executive committee acting the same way.

Technology while OK, is typically built to the standard of "good enough." However, no one ever goes back and makes it better.

Sales leadership has no problem with lying to customers to win business and beating up anyone who wants to insure that the customer knows the truth.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being hypocrites. The non-compete you made everyone sign has alienated people more than tied them to you...

Good company that is growing quickly, somewhat too quickly too keep up

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Midvale, UT

ProsCompetitive pay, good benefits, including time off.

ConsWay too much drama due to office politics.

InContact Atmosphere

Software Engineer In Test (Current Employee) Midvale, UT

ProsGreat pay, great people,good benefits, very enjoyable atmosphere, very little micromanaging, very smart people, plenty room for advancement, company is growing very fast, but not at the dangerous level. Company is modeled to keep the employee happy. Which makes for great code and products! My supervisor is very smart and easy to work with.

Consrarely they try to push too much into dev and qa.

InContact offers me an enjoyable and challenging experience

Software Engineer In Test I (Current Employee) Midvale, UT

ProsInContact believes in their people and as such the work-life balance is awesome. We can work from home on Wednesday. They are renovating our break room and we have free drinks and a snack cart that comes around a couple times a week. InContact has some extremely talented people and I have learned a great deal from them.

ConsA common flaw with companies, are the silo's that are made. I would like to see better cross-functional team collaboration in some areas to help speed things up at times but overall, I can't really think of much other than that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great company - Industry Leaders - Amazing Co-workers

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsEveryone, no matter what department, is willing to help you out.
    It's as diverse a work environment Utah has to offer.
    Pay is competitive.
    You control your own destiny.
    Fun work environment.
    Room for advancement.
    Benefits are better than average.

ConsYou might not like it if you want an environment that works for you. This is a place where if you bust your butt and make your own path, you will strive. If you want to put your head down and just work, you will get along, but those with drive and ambition will strive here.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like time off policy to be more flexible (ie. purchase extra). Open management training up to more people.

Great people to work with

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Midvale, UT

ProsinContact has great people. They are very down to earth and easy to work with. Even when dealing with managers up the chain, they have an open door policy and are willing to work with you one on one. Another pro about inContact is that they are open to suggestions and willing to change where feasible. They are a growing company and know that many changes come with that growth. They are also striving to improve the employee experience by creating a fun place to work. They put a lot of effort into activities and events for the company. I appreciate that this is important to them and like where the company is headed.

ConsThe company is growing at a rate that is hard to keep up with. The work load is heavy and only continues to grow as the company grows. They are rapidly hiring to help mitigate that, so I am hopeful for the future. However, in the interim, there is so much to do that it is hard to keep up with it all. Good job security though :)

Worked for InContact? Contribute to the Community!