InControl Medical

2.2

CEO

Pelvic Health Specialist

I worked at InControl Medical

Pros

Great training program. Had a phenomenal manager and great support from the corporate office. First company I ever worked for where the CEO told certain/deserving employees that he is/was proud of them...talk about keeping morale up!

Cons

In terms of "cons"...there aren't many that I experienced. My biggest issue was the size of my territory...it was larger fairly large and did grow even more in my time with the company.

Continue to hire, take care of and hold onto the reps you truly value. You have a great product THAT WORKS and has very little real competition.

RUN AND DONT LOOK BACK!

I worked at InControl Medical

Pros

Nothing, the product doesn't work.

Cons

Everything, lies lies lies from commission to paid time off.

Give it up you're going under! Then pray for forgiveness bc of the way you treated employees and customers.

Love working for new companies!

I have been working at InControl Medical full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everything you do matters! Every sale and every conversation makes a difference, it's great.

Cons

Things change pretty rapidly. Not really a con, but hard to deal with sometimes.

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at InControl Medical full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good therapy. I'm supposed to enter at least 5 words in this box, but I can not think of any more.

Cons

Selling the company (or begging for a sale) but wont admit it. Getting rid of reps in back-handed ways in order to look profitable on paper for the short term. Horrible management. No business sense. Overpromise income to sales reps. They have no business calling themselves a company.

Let someone who knows something about business run the company. Just because you can invent a good device, doesn't mean you are able to run an entire company. Stop lying. Listen to your 6 VPs who tell you to get this therapy on managed care and stop living in 1970. This is a great device with great results. But it will continue to go no where due to the way you treat employees and customers alike.

Worst experience of my life

Former Employee - Women's Health Specialist
    Former Employee - Women's Health Specialist

I worked at InControl Medical full-time

Pros

The product works most of the time

Cons

The product does work but breaks often.
    Insurance does not cover this device, and so as a rep you make no money (think $0 commission checks or the most I ever received was $700 before taxes).
    The company culture is the worst I have ever experienced. Unhappy reps, extremely high turnover, poor company morale, upper management who is inexperienced and lacking medical device experience, a CEO who is condescending and patronizing (and extremely unprofessional and prejudiced) to the reps at meetings/conference calls/emails, micro-management, quotas so unrealistic that no reps hit their numbers.

Where do I even begin?....
    Micro-management does not work....learn to back off. Way off. Your reps have worked autonomously for years with very little management contact, and so ride alongs every other week is overkill.
    The reps you are hiring are accustomed to making six figure incomes and being treated like adults...it's time to pay your reps appropriately and treat them like the successful professionals they are.
    Managers should have years of successful medical device experience and be leaders.... Hire, grow, and promote more carefully.
    The medical world is very different than retail and/or B2B selling in the 1970s and 1980s....The CEO and VP need an in depth training on selling in the 2000s and particularly in the medical world. Doctors see right through "spin selling" and it discredits the rep.

HORRIBLE!

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at InControl Medical full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Innovative device, new approach to treat incontinence

Cons

Unprofessional, condescending CEO and VP, pushy, inexperienced and ill-trained management, no way to make money since products are not covered by insurance, unreasonable goals to hit. Horrible job culture, people being promoted with less than 2 months of experience and no talents, reps leaving or being fired left and right. Declining sales, negative employee morale.

Your product could be successful if sold off to a huge pharmaceutical or medical device company that has the deep pockets and professional tools to promote it properly. Treat professional salespeople like the assets they are, not disposable lighters. Bring in qualified, motivating managers, not sales reps without training that are promoted without experience and training. Let the sales reps make money!

DO NOT WORK HERE! Want top reps so they overpromise and under deliver

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at InControl Medical full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Higher than usual base salary

Cons

Discouraging managers, low morale, limited resources, very micro- managing, extremely high turn- over

Try encouraging your sales force and motivating them with words and incentives. Be kind and invest in their personal growth.